PDA

View Full Version : posting just to be bitched at for such a brilliant request

(MAD)DeadAgain
04-28-2016, 06:24 PM
how about, every so often the US/UK servers "lose" the core maps so that people might have to *gasp* play something new?!!? All day everyday its almost a solid rotation of Duku (more than one version), w00t (more than one version), Control (more than one version) and a couple others mixed in. Map vote is great, but when you have so many versions of the same map it makes it hard to go to something else.. and what makes it really hard is when 5 people vote for a non standard map and 2 people decide they want to vote w00t, thus negating the majority.... Maybe do something about that so the majority actually can have a say on the rare times they actually vote for something that hasnt been burned into my retinas?

Yes, people like to play maps they know, but if they never play other maps they will never know them!

oh, and ban shots for being a poopyhead. grins

Deady

|uK|ScReaM
04-28-2016, 06:30 PM
bring more duku`s :)

http://i.imgur.com/d15aRQe.gifv

Chamberly
04-28-2016, 06:38 PM
I agree deady, I like different maps to play with every time and not the repeats.

|uK|Nordog
04-28-2016, 06:47 PM
100% support

(MAD)DeadAgain
04-28-2016, 06:47 PM
maybe scrap the multiple copies and keep just one or like W00tfixed and DdayWoot, maps that a sufficiently different to not be 98% identical.

Higor
04-28-2016, 07:58 PM
What the IG servers need is the 'Random' option in the mapvote.
That'll bring in rare maps into play more often.

soma
04-29-2016, 01:04 AM
What the IG servers need is the 'Random' option in the mapvote.
That'll bring in rare maps into play more often.

this or a seperate server with dukus, controls, woots and eternals only :D

|uK|B|aZe//.
04-29-2016, 11:34 AM
this or a seperate server with dukus, controls, woots and eternals only

we wont do that, recent results from combo nw combined server shows its silly to do so

we can however remove duplicate maps

UT-Sniper-SJA94
04-29-2016, 11:47 AM
If you vote uncommon maps people leave, if you vote a good CTF map people leave, if you vote a crap spam map people come.

1 thing to do is vote before the end of the match, and hope to get the different map voted. There are a few really good maps that very rarely get voted, but there are too many bad maps that don't get voted and clutter up the map vote.

Don't remove all the popular maps, or put the vote limit up too high(look what happened to the UrS server when they did that), you don't want to risk killing the servers.

(MAD)DeadAgain
04-29-2016, 06:54 PM
yeah, just reducing the map vote options wouldnt hurt

Apoc1
05-03-2016, 05:19 PM
What about reducing the votes to 1 per person so the majority at least get the map they want

Also not sure if its possible but why not collect the popular most played maps and split them into 2 different map votes so you have to pick a map from menu A then next pick from menu B and so on and not allow for the same map to be picked for like 4-5 times so you would get 8-10 different maps all different being played, and yes remove the multiple versons of maps.

UNrealshots
05-03-2016, 08:21 PM
Who you calling poopyhead (MAD)DeadAgain I got you next time buddy

SAM
05-03-2016, 08:26 PM
The servers are fine as they are. Thanks.

(MAD)DeadAgain
05-03-2016, 09:36 PM
Who you calling poopyhead (MAD)DeadAgain I got you next time buddy

Bring it on lil'buddy! (hides, not wanting to have a certain poopyhead go godlike on my unworthy self) grins