PDA

View Full Version : spectator slots

uranus
01-05-2017, 01:05 PM
In case this is not due to some reason other than oversight, there are no spec spots on the combo server. The server has been quite populated lately, it seems, and a spec spot or four would be nice to help even teams. We've had some excellent NW games lately.

Also, I don't see country flags showing on any of the servers. Is this intentional or is my UT messed up ... more than usual?

Shiro
01-05-2017, 01:32 PM
flags are disabled for everything
and spec just for combo may SAM knows why

SAM
01-07-2017, 07:59 PM
Some bright spark was crashing the iptocountry server. Which was crashing the server. The person was going into spec to do it and wouldn't join as a player. Therefore spec was disabled to stabilise the server.

The siege server looks a lot more stable now. Higor patched the exploit. Once the patch is on the other servers I will open the specs again.

faraon
01-23-2017, 05:15 PM
flags are disabled for everything
and spec just for combo may SAM knows why

I'm sorry, what was the reason for disabling flags? Just curious :)

clankiller
01-23-2017, 06:17 PM
I'm sorry, what was the reason for disabling flags? Just curious :)

http://www.unrealkillers.com/showthread.php?8057-spectator-slots&p=121483&viewfull=1#post121483

Shiro
01-23-2017, 06:32 PM
I'm sorry, what was the reason for disabling flags? Just curious
read above your post

faraon
01-23-2017, 07:24 PM
I guess I'm not quite getting it...I see Sam's comment about Spec but it does not really address little flags representing countries...am I not reading it right?

SAM
01-23-2017, 07:34 PM
Flags are resolved by the iptocountry server - that is the server that was being crashed which in turn crashed the gameserver instead.

We do have a stable patch though operating on siege. So I will get this all back and running soon. I've just been busy with three building projects at home which have consumed me.

BiGbOsS
01-23-2017, 09:55 PM
Flags are resolved by the iptocountry server - that is the server that was being crashed which in turn crashed the gameserver instead.

We do have a stable patch though operating on siege. So I will get this all back and running soon. I've just been busy with three building projects at home which have consumed me.

May be just me, but I noticed way less laming on the insta servers since the flags have been off. I think certain people used to identify admins (especially nordog and seabass) by their flags and not by aliases. Now they are scared of anyone with a name they don't recognize. It could just be me though.

faraon
01-24-2017, 07:51 AM

Thank you Sam. It makes sense now.

|uK|B|aZe//.
01-24-2017, 09:49 PM
That may well be the case BiGbOsS thanks for making us aware of this. May be an option to look into not having on there anymore