PDA

View Full Version : New servers

SAM
06-18-2011, 04:24 PM
All our servers have moved. We are now hosted on a DDoS protected network. We may still get flooded here and there, just had one today but it last for the most part for a minute.

Anyhow, this post is not about any of that. I'm posting because, combo is getting crazy popular, BT is also getting very popular. Siege has already made it to #1 on gametracker within 5 days of opening the new server...

I am thinking of opening an NW server. Not sure if CTF only. For now, I need suggestions and people's input, where should the NW server be located? NA or EU? If NA, we will be hosting where all our current servers are. If EU please post location. I have in mind that if we go EU route I would go for NL. However, everything is relative. Post up. This is your chance to speak up.

|uK|Rays
06-18-2011, 05:05 PM
Maybe you could make it east coast U.S.
I dislike playing CTF-Face all the time on publics here in the states, and I get 250 ping on euro servers and feel useless :mad:
if it's east coast maybe euros won't have ridiculously high pings, they will be in the 100s im sure, but hopefully not like 250-300.
as for how its setup, blaze should know what to do. Please just make it weapons CTF only with no DM column etc :p

SAM
06-18-2011, 05:21 PM
Well, if it was NA it would def be on east coast ;)

<|Pius|>
06-18-2011, 05:29 PM
what Rays said.

|uK|MiniWick
06-18-2011, 05:40 PM
Jail break sever !

SAM
06-18-2011, 05:43 PM
I meant to dislike your post Mini.

Anyway, JB server would be dead.

|uK|MiniWick
06-18-2011, 05:53 PM
Just would be nice to have something different

|uK|Cube
06-18-2011, 06:47 PM
Does the NW get ZP?

SAM
06-18-2011, 07:03 PM
Yes. NW needs ZP for euros

|uK|chiseller
06-18-2011, 07:41 PM
zp nw ctf is pretty stupid though, especially since it only affects a few weapons.

Sakura
06-18-2011, 07:44 PM
Nw ctf, and dm. I can give you some #tdmpickup maps and some #mlut ones too. Put on bolt :D

|uK|B|aZe//.
06-18-2011, 09:01 PM
zp nw ctf is pretty stupid though, especially since it only affects a few weapons.

if anything make it non zp on a high tickrate server so that euros stand as much chance

|uK|Chronox
06-19-2011, 01:04 AM
I would like it to be JB MH fun server located in US, because most Latin American players would be heavily affected with ping on EU server :X

|uK|Anthrax
06-19-2011, 01:25 AM
Jailbreak server !

SAM
06-19-2011, 08:24 AM
http://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/75.102.41.53:7777/b_560_95_1.png (http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/75.102.41.52:7777/)

Keith
06-19-2011, 08:43 AM
zp nw ctf, nozp with 200 ping is a no-no imo

|uK|chiseller
06-19-2011, 10:01 AM
That server isn't meant for you anyway. We have euro ctf servers :p

SAM
06-19-2011, 10:14 AM
It's meant for everyone lol but yes the target audience would be NA, latinos etc anything more is a bonus.

It's up seems to be popular already lol um maps please. We are running stock ut CTF. I'm gong to add the LE maps.

|uK|B|aZe//.
06-19-2011, 11:25 AM
ftp://ftp.unreal.ie/hosted_sites/clanbase/hektor/ut_ctf_maps/cboc_fall_2010_mappack.zip

thats the maps

SogeKing
06-19-2011, 12:17 PM
Oh damn, didn't notice this, I would have voted for EU server xD

Me and kron do somewhat decent in EU CTF servers...non zp 100% spd is my favorite kind of server.

Also, it would have been great to keep the Grapple instead of the Trans...kind of like how ND was back in the day!

Map: SniperFortress (its a must!!!)

|uK|Rays
06-19-2011, 01:17 PM
yeah hector! lets give the new server some play time! :cool:

SAM
06-19-2011, 01:31 PM
Attach the map or something Hector. No zp won't work well for EU'ers or the latinos, all they'll do is cry lol

|uK|Rays
06-19-2011, 02:15 PM
server seems pretty good, only thing to do is edit in or out a few maps! no rush though, i will try to play there and get people too, we can go from there. :)

SAM
06-19-2011, 02:31 PM
Edit in or out which maps?

|uK|Rays
06-19-2011, 03:28 PM
I would need some help adding maps, but let's try to add maps that aren't completely cheesy, kthx. so far i just focused on what maps are already on the server, weeding out duplicates or maps that are out of place IMO.

Infested UGL whatever > Infested CE whatever
reason: Infested UGL version cleans up that hole above the flag room nicely, and has a nice amp/sheild going on in mid. powerups in the other version seem poorly placed.

November CE > November
reason: it's just better all around, November CE is smaller, simpler, and much more exciting, just don't fall into the water!

Remove LostTime
reason: overcomplicated and too big if you ask me.

Remove Face
reason: there's already CTF-Face ONLY servers. Face has no business being among already better maps.

Remove LiandriDocks
reason: oversimplified, it would dissolve into dming/spawnkilling.

Remove EternalCave
reason: I think this map is better suited for IG. It doesn't have that weapons CTF feel, maybe it's just me?

Remove Niven & Dreary
reason: You can barely throw a trans in these maps, very tight and crowded maps. Again, it might just be me, but I think these are more suited for IG.

Add CTF-Bolwerk & McSwartzly
reason: both are good maps that weapons players should already know, i don't have a link right now, but they are popular maps that shouldn't be hard to find.

SAM
06-19-2011, 03:37 PM
Infested UGL whatever > Infested CE whatever
reason: Infested UGL version cleans up that hole above the flag room nicely, and has a nice amp/sheild going on in mid. powerups in the other version seem poorly placed.

Added Infested UGL 202

November CE > November
reason: it's just better all around, November CE is smaller, simpler, and much more exciting, just don't fall into the water!

Removed November

Remove LostTime
reason: overcomplicated and too big if you ask me.

Removed

Remove Face
reason: there's already CTF-Face ONLY servers. Face has no business being among already better maps.

Fair point, removed.

Remove LiandriDocks
reason: oversimplified, it would dissolve into dming/spawnkilling.

This one is staying I think....

Remove EternalCave
reason: I think this map is better suited for IG. It doesn't have that weapons CTF feel, maybe it's just me?

Again, this should stay until there is more input.

Remove Niven & Dreary
reason: You can barely throw a trans in these maps, very tight and crowded maps. Again, it might just be me, but I think these are more suited for IG.

Again, should stay lol

Add CTF-Bolwerk & McSwartzly
reason: both are good maps that weapons players should already know, i don't have a link right now, but they are popular maps that shouldn't be hard to find.

Added McSwartzly, bollwerk on the way.

|uK|Rays
06-19-2011, 03:53 PM
sounds good, can we get some opinions on dreary, niven, and eternal caves besides my own? i think they're too packed. :confused:

|uK|B|aZe//.
06-19-2011, 05:57 PM
Attach the map or something Hector. No zp won't work well for EU'ers or the latinos, all they'll do is cry lol

make the server no zp 60-100 tickrate and it will be fine

terminator
06-19-2011, 06:21 PM
No zp server ... i don't care about ping just don't put it ZP .. i speak in the name of eu players :P
and i agree with rays xcept liandri and face since it's server in which we'll come to play for fun

|uK|Rays
06-19-2011, 08:08 PM
Can we have redeemers off on the server please?

|uK|Rays
06-19-2011, 10:04 PM
everyone got together on teamspeak and filled the server up for about an hour, it was a ton of fun, thank you for the server SAM!!!

one thing i noticed though, there are two versions of mcswartsly, i think we should only have the original one on the server.

|uK|B|aZe//.
06-19-2011, 10:17 PM
put redeemers off take out the extra hud layout its not useful at all make it nonzp with a higher tickrate if not leave it zp i wouldnt care less just easier to own

|uK|chiseller
06-20-2011, 04:52 AM
You do realize that higher tickrate makes it even easier for LPBs?

SAM
06-20-2011, 05:08 AM
Redeemers and zp will be taken off today

|uK|Anthrax
06-20-2011, 08:06 AM
I cant play on the server because of lag

SogeKing
06-20-2011, 10:06 AM
YEAH we had some funs, this is how I remember all my matches went 8)

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae327/SogeKing_USA/UT%2099/Shot0184.jpg

I tried searching for CTF-SniperFortress Some of the firsts Results was BLS talking about the funz we've had on this Map xD...This sir, is a little Gem not used on Servers anymore...what a shame :( anyway I looked hard to find this I hope to see it soon in the server :)

CTF SniperFortress: http://www.gamefront.com/files/1404605

|uK|B|aZe//.
06-20-2011, 11:02 AM
lol hector cmon dont just post the one you were top in post vault and the other maps where you were carried

SAM
06-20-2011, 02:15 PM
I cant play on the server because of lag

Just the NW server? What about PUG?

|uK|Anthrax
06-20-2011, 02:17 PM
on nw server, in pug its ok

SAM
06-20-2011, 02:37 PM
zp taken off, redeemer taken off.

|uK|Rays
06-20-2011, 03:54 PM
yay thanks sam :D

two small things i noticed though:
1. you can't steal enemy armor if your armor is already full. not a huge problem but since the servers new and there isn't a steady crowd sometimes you want to steal enemy powerups in small matches but can't :(
2. you can't tell how much armor you have for some reason, it doesn't update your armor count when you pick up powerups. :confused:

SAM
06-20-2011, 07:04 PM
yay thanks sam :D

two small things i noticed though:
1. you can't steal enemy armor if your armor is already full. not a huge problem but since the servers new and there isn't a steady crowd sometimes you want to steal enemy powerups in small matches but can't :(
2. you can't tell how much armor you have for some reason, it doesn't update your armor count when you pick up powerups. :confused:

I will look at both tomorrow ;)

|uK|Rays
06-20-2011, 08:04 PM
I posted the NW server on the MLUT website and advertised on their IRC and the response was pretty amazing. This server could end up being huge, everyone should give it a try! :)

Moko
06-21-2011, 08:39 PM
But..but.bbutttt..... I love Eternal Caveeee. :(
Rays, why do that to me? :(

Anyhow, I had LAG.
And the server is SLOW!!

SAM please please please please please pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeee Put a 1v1 voting option, all I want is 1v1 insta deck, and NW deck.
Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I miss the 1v1 server, I loved that server. :(

|uK|Rays
06-21-2011, 09:05 PM
Moko, you have no idea how bad CTF servers in the states are. This NW server I am (trying) to help SAM out with (settings, maps, preferences from other weapons players etc) has been received well by the biggest community of North American CTF players. Little annoyances are being worked out by SAM and I am trying to get people to keep it full constantly. It's going the right direction and I don't think it needs any extra gamemodes to divert the progress we're making.

SAM
06-22-2011, 12:15 AM
The kick should now be fixed.

|uK|Anthrax
06-22-2011, 07:43 AM
Anyhow, I had LAG.
And the server is SLOW!!

here too

SAM
06-22-2011, 08:04 AM
I don't understand why you guys are having lag issues. Are all the other servers fine? Please go and try pug server. Also does combo feel laggy? Combo and nw are both at 100%

|uK|Anthrax
06-22-2011, 10:17 AM
In the combo I have no lag, but I'll play in nw tonight to see if improved

Moko
06-22-2011, 02:17 PM
Meh, whateves.
I don't really like NW anyways. xD
Insta is my fav.

|uK|She-Hunter
07-31-2011, 08:16 PM
sorry i love this game

.seVered.][
10-20-2015, 11:44 AM
All our servers have moved. We are now hosted on a DDoS protected network. We may still get flooded here and there, just had one today but it last for the most part for a minute.

Anyhow, this post is not about any of that. I'm posting because, combo is getting crazy popular, BT is also getting very popular. Siege has already made it to #1 on gametracker within 5 days of opening the new server...

I am thinking of opening an NW server. Not sure if CTF only. For now, I need suggestions and people's input, where should the NW server be located? NA or EU? If NA, we will be hosting where all our current servers are. If EU please post location. I have in mind that if we go EU route I would go for NL. However, everything is relative. Post up. This is your chance to speak up.

Browsing; i stumbled upon this post .. (which was posted about a week after playing my first playing Siege game (XXL2g)). Ironically; we DO have a NWADMIN server now, but no NW? .. I thought NW stood for NorthWest; why > no idea .. that's what NW means around my side of the globe.. anyways...

so @SAM (http://www.unrealkillers.com/member.php?u=1)? where's the NaliWeapons? would you like to chase that bug?

@Ferali; @Feralidragon (http://www.unrealkillers.com/member.php?u=59); paging @Feralidragon (http://www.unrealkillers.com/member.php?u=59) to the front desk.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-1Go7zgpG9B4/U3qFhJdRgwI/AAAAAAAABoM/1wzEGOT3Fmw/w441-h150-no/ut_feralidragon.png
Nali Weapons 3 (http://www.moddb.com/mods/nali-weapons-3) | Community UT mods (http://www.moddb.com/mods?filter=t&game=5)

TimTim
10-20-2015, 12:03 PM
[;100573]NW
Normal weapons. :combo:

|uK|kenneth
10-20-2015, 12:39 PM
2011 gj

UT-Sniper-SJA94
10-20-2015, 12:58 PM
http://cedarconsulting.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/dust-off.jpg

.seVered.][
10-20-2015, 04:22 PM
Normal weapons. :combo:

Shhhh.. I know that .. but does he? .. well . we COULD try to Siege NaliWeapon .. too...

Chamberly
10-20-2015, 05:26 PM
[;100589]we COULD try to Siege NaliWeapon .. too...

SicilianKill have it on his server. Just login as admin and summon those toys and play around with it. The nuke reward is pretty overpowered, 1 KABOOM near the core and the game end just quick, harder hit than a neutron bomb. Pretty serious stuff here.

Meanwhile I did test this offline before I decide to try NW3 + Siege on public server, it's not gonna look good as it is right now. I won't post that list right now as I can't find it but the NW3 can use some modification to work with siege (or siege for NW3? better to work with NW3 tho) because if you try to build a shield belt, the shield belt will respawn there. Same with damage amp in mid, it'll keep making the damage amp more often than having a random item. Meanwhile, cyborg and all that jazz, you'll need a harder map to work with this awhile we nurf the big nw3 nuke damage so core won't die in 1 shot or we'll have to take out some of the big one.

[R]^Osyris
10-20-2015, 11:19 PM
UT ALPHA INSTAGIB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cow:

A^3
10-21-2015, 01:31 AM
uK Rx X server?

Skarn
10-21-2015, 04:45 AM
SicilianKill have it on his server. Just login as admin and summon those toys and play around with it. The nuke reward is pretty overpowered, 1 KABOOM near the core and the game end just quick, harder hit than a neutron bomb. Pretty serious stuff here.

Meanwhile I did test this offline before I decide to try NW3 + Siege on public server, it's not gonna look good as it is right now. I won't post that list right now as I can't find it but the NW3 can use some modification to work with siege (or siege for NW3? better to work with NW3 tho) because if you try to build a shield belt, the shield belt will respawn there. Same with damage amp in mid, it'll keep making the damage amp more often than having a random item. Meanwhile, cyborg and all that jazz, you'll need a harder map to work with this awhile we nurf the big nw3 nuke damage so core won't die in 1 shot or we'll have to take out some of the big one.

If this plans to be implemented there should be some serious buffs to the siege builds or serious nerfs to nali weapons damage, or just keep it the same and remove the hard hitting nukes, as im 100% positive theyll crash someone with low end PC due to them being HD. But then again, the lvl 1 nuke when hit directly to the core kills it, so it should take some time before everything gets tested and set properly. As for other stuff, Flame Tracker shouldnt set builds on fire, thats kind of a game breaker, the IRPR sniper can shoot through walls, therefore builds should be immune to IRPR damage if it goes through the wall (imagine killing nukes in clarion without even getting in). On the sidenote, id love to see how nuking looks like with razortrans. There should be alot to discuss about for this sort of siege, like siege mines and mines from the weapon called The Miner, how do we figure that out. Cybot should be a mid item, and could offer even more stuff then it currently offers, like EMP bombs. A battle on Face would be interesting, everyone will be using Graviton to throw eachother off the asteroid, but Graviton can also be used as a way of throwing a teammate on long distance, so it can be a nice alternative for boosting (if you can do it properly). And one last thing, I hope LC doesnt touch Vulcan :)

Chamberly
10-21-2015, 07:48 AM
LOL! I thought you'd chime in somehow.

Well, I have the source to the NW3 package so rebuilding and ... obviously the download is gonna be another PITA so I'll try to reduce some package as possible that wouldn't be needed in siege.

Basically editing the source for NW3 to fit with siege can be done, with like everything you mentioned as well. Either NW3 can be a bit nurfed so the level 1 nuke won't destory the core in 1 bit... and the IRPR modified not to shoot through walls but allow the option to see players through walls (can be turned on or off or change colors etc) and so on.

Ps. NW3 have it's own lag compensation, so don't worry. :P

|uK|Rays
10-21-2015, 09:42 AM
uK Rx X server?

This would be hilarious, doit.

Skarn
10-21-2015, 11:53 AM
LOL! I thought you'd chime in somehow.

Well, I have the source to the NW3 package so rebuilding and ... obviously the download is gonna be another PITA so I'll try to reduce some package as possible that wouldn't be needed in siege.

Basically editing the source for NW3 to fit with siege can be done, with like everything you mentioned as well. Either NW3 can be a bit nurfed so the level 1 nuke won't destory the core in 1 bit... and the IRPR modified not to shoot through walls but allow the option to see players through walls (can be turned on or off or change colors etc) and so on.

Ps. NW3 have it's own lag compensation, so don't worry. :P

The game should also be even more spicier with The Oversurrector, although that too should be nerfed due to the amount of damage it can cause (depending on what weapon you sacrifice). There would also be problems with sup spam if you consider The Oversurrector because, lets say someone sacrifices graviton and shoots it right on the enemies supplier, thats some hardcore sup spam there.

SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
10-21-2015, 12:28 PM
uK Rx X server?

Been tossing around RX ideas with Higor. Honestly think RX should be re-invented.

Chamberly
10-21-2015, 04:47 PM
The Oversurrector

....fak.

SAM
10-21-2015, 06:53 PM
This would be hilarious, doit.

Can you imagine qwerty's nerd rage ....lol

UT-Sniper-SJA94
10-21-2015, 07:15 PM
Inb4 crashed servers.

SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
10-21-2015, 09:16 PM
Can you imagine qwerty's nerd rage ....lol

Yeah, Qwerty would go all troll nerdy raging but would be awesome fun if you ask me.

Trajik
10-21-2015, 11:03 PM
omg you poor souls.....there is life outside of ut99.

SAM
10-22-2015, 01:46 AM

Very aware of that mate. We are just having a good old laugh at our great friend, qwerty's expense. Why u mad???

.seVered.][
10-22-2015, 04:13 AM

ya, there is .. but what is life without a good laugh ...

Very aware of that mate. We are just having a good old laugh at our great friend, qwerty's expense. Why u mad???

and if you can't laugh at your friends at least we can shoot at them !! God save the Killers!

the UnrealKillers!!

did the servers crash today? I saw an inB4theCrash post. 8 hours ago. and it's so quiet here I can here the dust landing on the RU..

One of my Son's nick's (the oldest boy) is IEvokeNerdRage .. maybe we could rename the NWAdmin server to this and do a Rebuild of the Rx and combine it with NaliWeapons 3 and create NaliSiege-Rx... speaking of qwerty's nerd rage .. but the idea DOES sound like fun.. bigger maps .. more powerful weapons .. and LOTS of EvokingNerdRage.

A^3
10-22-2015, 04:32 AM
Why not. I can teach uK. VM. HoF. ROS. How to fly .

Chamberly
10-22-2015, 06:10 AM
[;100621]did the servers crash today? I saw an inB4theCrash post. 8 hours ago. and it's so quiet here I can here the dust landing on the RU..

It's a joke.

& I guess Trajik is right? Server crashers having a no good life cuz they decide to crash servers. lel.

I'm no fan of RX much, only one that I play on the jets is the one that was in MH. Unless I make a BT style of jet racing, racing is one of my fav lol. speaking of that, I'll go ahead and do that right now!

|uK|B|aZe//.
10-22-2015, 11:33 AM
http://www.dundjinni.com/forums/uploads/aegean/288_Thread_reborn.jpg

lol why you guys gotta bash qwerty -__-

whos this trajik guy

Chamberly
10-22-2015, 11:53 AM
whos this trajik guy

He been around enough you would've already known him. CTF player.

--- Updated ---

lol why you guys gotta bash qwerty -__-

Cuz I like to shoot candy at him so he can get so fat he can't type on the keyboard. Joke.

TimTim
10-22-2015, 01:09 PM
YEAH FUCK QWERTY.

Who's qwerty?

UT-Sniper-SJA94
10-22-2015, 01:46 PM
Guy who crashed servers to make his popular.

Chamberly
10-22-2015, 03:24 PM
Who's qwerty?

From VM clan! The one with RX and stuff.