Any headphone lovers? [Archive] - UnrealTournament Siege, Bunnytrack, Combogib, Instagib, UT99, UT4 clan & Server Discussion

PDA

View Full Version : Any headphone lovers?

SAM
06-23-2011, 04:01 PM
I'm a huge fan of quality headphones. Nothing better than eargasm, low beat dropping pair of headphones.

So far I have had the V-Moda Vibe Duo Neros
http://reviews.cnet.com/headsets/v-moda-vibe-duo/1707-13831_7-32508531.html

They were excellent, sounded pretty bad ass however the workmanship on then is poor and they break. I have since ordered myself....seriously the best set I have ever heard.

http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=cLW&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&q=monster+ibeats&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1366&bih=575&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=6536569256143495861&sa=X&ei=kZsDTtagOMbKhAfyqqHODQ&ved=0CEQQ8gIwAA

They seriously drop some beat.

Moko
06-23-2011, 04:25 PM
I used to use Sony dynamic stereo headphones MDR-V150 but I got sick of taping one side together cause they broke (Please don't ask how.).
Now I'm using some cheap brand, they're pretty good but they were really cheap.
But they are pink so they own, I love em! =D

Between TS3 and these new headphones people are now gonna sound even more different. -.-".

|uK|Cube
06-23-2011, 05:49 PM
Link (http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=cLW&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&q=monster+ibeats&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1366&bih=575&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=6536569256143495861&sa=X&ei=kZsDTtagOMbKhAfyqqHODQ&ved=0CEQQ8gIwAA)<-- is that also for non iphone items? <_<
Cause i only see iphone,Ipad and all that shit in description

SAM
06-23-2011, 06:18 PM
Monster Beats is made for ipod, iphone, ipad etc

They sound pretty damn good.

<|Pius|>
06-23-2011, 06:50 PM
for 71 pounds they better sound damn good. Thats like $120 CDN...or $121 american :P

|uK|Hayden
06-23-2011, 06:54 PM
i'm an audiophile but i invested most of my money into my car. i have a JL 12" w7 subwoofer powered by a 1000 watt JL amp, 2 pioneer 6x9's and a PA horn powered by a 500 watt pioneer amp and 4 crossfire 6 1/2" in the doors powered by 500 watt crossfire amp.

Sakura
06-24-2011, 12:56 AM
Oh wow. Mine are always 5 dollars or less. Jvc... yea. They have bass. lol.

Sakura
06-24-2011, 01:00 AM
I'm also surprised, I didn't think you meant actual earbuds but the big headphones. Headphones probably sound better than earbuds but the best thing I ever got was apple earbuds.

Lee_Stricklin
06-24-2011, 01:26 AM
I prefer ACTUAL BIG ASS SPEAKERS lol Every room in this house has a surround sound in it and not that bullshit you find up at the local Walmart for $200, but ones I put together myself, including modifications done to the speakers I hooked up to them. Nothing beats being in the middle of the action while you got some techno blasting. Other than that, I do have some headphones, but nothing fancy. One of my fancier pairs of headphones is a pair of SKULLCANDY (shitty brand, but I got these cheap) Agents which sound perfect for Nintendo DS games and sound good with most electronic music. The other alright set I have is my Tritton AX51's which sound alright for competitive gaming, though I wouldn't recommend them for anything else. I plan on picking up some Yuin PK2's though if and when I get around to replacing my crappy media player (cheap ass RCA Pearl lol).

DevilHawk
06-24-2011, 07:39 AM
I prefer ACTUAL BIG ASS SPEAKERS lol Every room in this house has a surround sound in it

You have just gained another 10 Spam points >_< lol

|uK|MiniWick
06-24-2011, 11:07 AM
i'm an audiophile but i invested most of my money into my car. i have a JL 12" w7 subwoofer powered by a 1000 watt JL amp, 2 pioneer 6x9's and a PA horn powered by a 500 watt pioneer amp and 4 crossfire 6 1/2" in the doors powered by 500 watt crossfire amp.

PRetty impressive , You driving it in a rice burner ?

And for myself I have the Monster beats in ears ---->http://reviews.cnet.com/headphones/monster-turbine-pro-in/4505-7877_7-33775385.html
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/7450/monsterturbineproinears.jpg

|uK|Hayden
06-24-2011, 12:30 PM
, but ones I put together myself, including modifications done to the speakers I hooked up to them.
Just curious. How do you go about modifying a speaker? Dont see the point in doing that when you can just buy a better speaker. No purpose in replacing the cone or magnets.

SAM
06-24-2011, 01:23 PM
I was building an audio system in my car for competition. I will post some of the work on my car so far lol

Just so I can get some of you going...I have fully deadened my car as well as fit in 2x 8 inch mid bass subwoofers at the front, mid range speakers and tweets. That doesn't include the 4000w 12inch sub in the boot/trunk. I have 1x 1200 watt amp running the sub, 1x 1200 watt amp running the 8inch mid bass at the front and a 4x 100watt amp running the 2x mid range and 2x tweets.

Sakura
06-24-2011, 01:45 PM
Is your car louder than a plane? What are watts?

|uK|B|aZe//.
06-24-2011, 01:47 PM
power

SAM
06-24-2011, 01:47 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_power

|uK|Hayden
06-24-2011, 02:04 PM
Is your car louder than a plane? What are watts?

I got a decibel reader and yes, my car is louder than an airplane.

Lee_Stricklin
06-25-2011, 12:41 AM
Watts actually don't matter, in fact I like to think the higher the wattage, the less efficient a speaker is. Hell with just 500 watts I got my room to be louder than actual gunshots (really made Escape from Butcher Bay intense.), though I'm not sure of the actual decibel reading as I don't have anything for measuring that at the moment. I occasionally have fun playing the Quake games with the volume nearly maxed lol pisses everyone off, can't hear ANYTHING else but my game. That reminds me, I'm restoring and modifying a pair of Sanyo SS695's that my sister almost threw out.

Just curious. How do you go about modifying a speaker? Dont see the point in doing that when you can just buy a better speaker. No purpose in replacing the cone or magnets.

Some of the speakers I've acquired had a few "shortcuts" taken on them, such as having half-assed crossovers and really crappy guage (lol like 32 or thinner) internal wiring. That's mostly what I screw around with, all of my ESS HD 308s have different crossovers and wiring from what came with them and will probably get different surrounds fitted on the woofers as well. I also plan on moving the drivers into new cabinets along with some ESS mids I've scored on Ebay and some 3-way crossovers. And for the purpose of maintaining my equipment, I've also researched how to replace voice coils, etc. in case something breaks on me, as I have some old/discontinued equipment (got stuff from the early 80s) that has higher sound quality than most of the stuff you'll find on the market today.

Which reminds me: I also have a pair of JVC Marshmallow IEM headphones that sounded like shit until modified as well, look up "Kramer mod" for those and you'll have yourself some good headphones for $10-$20, probably better sounding than most of that Apple (Apple, nuff said), Monster (make it look pretty, mark that shit up), and SkullCandy (target teens that know nothing about headphones, make it look pretty, mark it up) crap kids run around with these days.

DevilHawk
06-25-2011, 07:18 AM
Too much reading for my liking >_<
But atleast i got a post count =)

|uK|Cube
06-25-2011, 10:08 AM
Scar didnt you had this one?
http://www.expansys.com/logitech-premium-notebook-headset-149238/
Cause i'm about to buy that one.
Or if anyone else got any input about that one don't be shy.

Sakura
06-25-2011, 10:45 AM
How did you guys get so smart with stuff and only in your early 20's. Damn where do you find this stuff? I got 5 years left till I'm 20 and y'all make me feel so dumb. Lee how do you not get caught by your neighbors? My neighbors called me when I was 13 saying that their walls were shaking.

SAM
06-25-2011, 11:07 AM

Have it, have had a few of them the only headset that I have used that is worth the money. They are good quality and durable.

It's excellent

How did you guys get so smart with stuff and only in your early 20's. Damn where do you find this stuff? I got 5 years left till I'm 20 and y'all make me feel so dumb. Lee how do you not get caught by your neighbors? My neighbors called me when I was 13 saying that their walls were shaking.

You're a girl you aren't supposed to know this stuffs

|uK|Cube
06-25-2011, 01:21 PM
So it's worth replacing it with my current one?
This. (http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Premium-Headset-Noise-Canceling-Microphone/dp/B0007N33IQ)

SAM
06-25-2011, 01:35 PM
I bought this one a few years ago before I bought the notebook version. Personally, I did not find the noise cancelling one comfortable at all. If your headset is broken then I would recommend you buy the notebook premium one as a replacement.

|uK|B|aZe//.
06-25-2011, 02:18 PM
dont buy the notebook version from amazon thats double the price i know of where to get it from its 20£ free postage and packaging message me on xfire

Lee_Stricklin
06-25-2011, 03:25 PM

40 Euros, ouch. Typically speaking, once you hit that price mark (actually here in the states once you hit $40 USD lol) your better off buying a good pair of headphones and a seperate microphone. You'll get A LOT better sound quality for around the same price.

Portapro headphones (these things are proven, people swear by these) 18 Euro
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Koss-Porta-Pro-Stereo-Headphones/dp/B00001P4ZH/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1309029714&sr=8-1

Good enough microphone 12 Euro
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Analog-Desktop-Stick-Microphone/dp/B00097HPHK/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1309029777&sr=1-1

Cheap-ass microphone (reviews says it's good though) 3 Euro
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Compact-Microphone-Google-Windows-Internet/dp/B001MNX9WK/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1309029777&sr=1-2

Neighbors don't care lol they're almost as loud (almost lol, with every door/window in the house closed you could hear my audio from across the street), hell if I wanted to I could bitch about their little ankle-biter yapping away and annoying the hell out of me when I try to sleep during the day. Also researching (audiophile forums are a good place to look up stuff) and knowing people who screw around with this sort of thing is a good way to learn as is having old/broken equipment to experiment around with.

DevilHawk
06-26-2011, 10:43 AM
I'm lost but this is the spam forum so i'm going to pretend i read all this ^_^

|uK|Cube
06-27-2011, 04:10 PM
I bought the notebook one 2day and its eargasm all the way lmao.

SAM
06-27-2011, 04:21 PM
I bought the notebook one 2day and its eargasm all the way lmao.

The logitech notebook premium?

|uK|Cube
06-27-2011, 05:02 PM
The logitech notebook premium?
Yeh that 1

SAM
06-27-2011, 05:35 PM
I wouldn't describe the headset as eargasm? lol

|uK|Cube
06-27-2011, 06:06 PM
It is compared to my old one.

DevilHawk
06-28-2011, 07:10 AM
Speakers > Headphones <3

|uK|Cube
06-28-2011, 10:03 AM
Cube > All

mostro
06-28-2011, 10:20 AM
these are mine, they have an incredible noise reduction and bass support

http://reviews.cnet.com/headsets/bose-mie2i/4505-13831_7-34197444.html?tag=mncol;lst;1

mOstrO > mostro

DevilHawk
06-28-2011, 11:06 AM
Cube > All

You mean DevilHawk > All Right =P

SAM
06-28-2011, 01:09 PM
Mostro...Bose is a little too commercial for me :/

DevilHawk
06-28-2011, 01:14 PM
What's being commercial gotta do with anything -.-

mostro
06-28-2011, 01:53 PM
Mostro...Bose is a little too commercial for me :/

what do you mean with that?

not any of the other brands are here in chile anyway hahaha... and i needed that magic button for answering and managing songs from the iphone

DevilHawk
06-28-2011, 03:51 PM
Ewww.....iPhone sucks donkey ass xD!!

mostro
06-28-2011, 03:53 PM
Ewww.....iPhone sucks donkey ass xD!!

hahah... it works just fine for me... donkey ass hahaha

Pie
06-28-2011, 04:35 PM
Bose and Apple are equally lame in the aspect that you're basically just paying for the brand name, however, Bose is more worth it, as their stuff is actually QUALITY made, and not just lame crap like Apple. Still both wastes of money in my opinion though.

DevilHawk
06-28-2011, 06:20 PM
hahah... it works just fine for me... donkey ass hahaha

Your face is a donkey ass =) Rofl.

Lee_Stricklin
06-29-2011, 06:00 AM
Bose and Apple are equally lame in the aspect that you're basically just paying for the brand name, however, Bose is more worth it, as their stuff is actually QUALITY made, and not just lame crap like Apple. Still both wastes of money in my opinion though.

You may want to look over what you just typed and do some research on Bose. There's a reason as to why people see Bose as an acronym for Buy Other Sound Equipment. I myself have screwed around with Bose and can tell you that they have some of the shoddiest construction of any speakers out there and on top of that they typically have some pretty big gaps between their frequencies because they don't know how to put together a damn crossover and because their drivers aren't actually capable of handling a wide range of sounds. The ONLY thing Bose has done right is probably their tweeters, but there's much better than that for lower prices, not to mention they always have some eff'd up impediences on them making them difficult to wire into anything. Don't get me started on their acoustamass modules (which are nothing more than a handful of incapable drivers crammed into a box and passed off as a subwoofer).

DevilHawk
06-30-2011, 06:39 AM
Too much reading for my liking =)

Pie
06-30-2011, 06:45 AM
You may want to look over what you just typed and do some research on Bose. There's a reason as to why people see Bose as an acronym for Buy Other Sound Equipment. I myself have screwed around with Bose and can tell you that they have some of the shoddiest construction of any speakers out there and on top of that they typically have some pretty big gaps between their frequencies because they don't know how to put together a damn crossover and because their drivers aren't actually capable of handling a wide range of sounds. The ONLY thing Bose has done right is probably their tweeters, but there's much better than that for lower prices, not to mention they always have some eff'd up impediences on them making them difficult to wire into anything. Don't get me started on their acoustamass modules (which are nothing more than a handful of incapable drivers crammed into a box and passed off as a subwoofer).

I, myself, have never owned anything Bose, as I'm not willing to spend that much on freakin' speakers or headphones, but my brother in law has, at least with headphones, and he's a bit of an audiophile (guy has over 400gbs of music on his hard drive). With that, I trusted he knew what he was talking about... However, he also owns a Mac, so after thinking about it, I could be wrong about Bose, LOL!

|uK|MiniWick
06-30-2011, 07:09 AM

So , you have bought 500 $ speakers from bose and you've opened them up too see what's inside ? Hey , Bose might be over priced but they shure have amazing quality , why do you think their in almost every car in this new generation ? Cause it's high quality speakers . I don't know what you do for a living but it seems you have a passion to open speakers in your basement lol , your not all right you know ^

Lee_Stricklin
06-30-2011, 01:21 PM
I know someone who had to gut some Bose shit from a car and I've listened to what their speakers sound like in a store. I also had (keyword: HAD) a pair of speakers I scored for REALLY cheap at a local auction, I got a pair of cheap Pioneer speakers that kick the shit out of it. One thing Bose speakers are really bad at is handling more than one type of sound, they can't seem to handle anything too high or low (hip hop, metal, and electronica especially sound horrible on Bose speakers) most of the time. A lot of cars have Bose installed in them do to the endless amount of advertising they've done to make themselves look like a good brand, and sadly they've been able to get away with it for a while because most people don't really compare their shit to anything but cheap-ass Aiwa shelf systems. Random google searches and browsing a few audiophile forums will also confirm that Bose is shit.

SAM
06-30-2011, 05:46 PM
Bose are e-commerce. Enough said.

|uK|Cube
07-01-2011, 07:34 AM
Bose are e-commerce. Enough said.

Moko
07-01-2011, 05:23 PM
So , you have bought 500 $ speakers from Bose and you've opened them up too see what's inside ? Hey, Bose might be over priced but they sure have amazing quality, why do you think their in almost every car in this new generation? Cause it's high quality speakers . I don't know what you do for a living but it seems you have a passion to open speakers in your basement lol, your not all right you know ^
I think he's fine. lolz
If you even find money in one of those speakers you let me know Lee. lol

Lee_Stricklin
07-02-2011, 03:42 AM
lol underage b& Minidick with technology problems trying to associate Bose with quality and act like he knows what he's talking about. I got ACTUAL speakers (modified ESS HD 308s and a pair of older KLH BTF-220s hooked up in parallel to be precise) hooked up to my rig right now and my stepdad has a Bose system in his new(ish) SUV that he just traded for. Guess which set of speakers makes my electronica sound like shit?

The Cybernator
04-11-2012, 03:44 AM
Yes! I have been an audiophile for a couple years now. I'm also a musician. :)

I just have a portable rig for right now: Ultrasone Pro 900, PA2V2 (amp) by Electric Avenues and the Sandisk Sansa Clip+ (with Rockbox alternative firmware that I can use to enable a crossfeed (not having the channels entirely separate, thus blending the right and left channel slightly so that it sounds like you are in a room. Note: this is what happens when you are sitting in a room listening to a stereo set up. Each ear picks up a certain amount of sonic information from the opposite speaker).

I currently have the KRK KNS 8400 but have decided not to use the amp anymore. My rig has a complete flat frequency response - nothing is emphasized (not even bass).

SAM
04-11-2012, 07:06 PM
Anyone tried Beyerdynamic headphones?

terminator
04-11-2012, 08:56 PM
Anyone noticed Lee Stricklin left his basement ? :O

|uK|B|aZe//.
04-12-2012, 09:35 AM
Anyone noticed Lee Stricklin left his basement ? :O

ahahaha