User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Novak Removing containers, minishield and SP

Playing today Map McSwarzy and built containers above tunnel with minishield below and SP aiming down (horrizontal) long water tunnel. They could hit minishield but it kept them out of our water tunnel even after they nuked it twice. Also put SM above containers. Novak removed it all claiming it was a leech. I have had this problem before. A leech of a minishield that keeps nuke and enemy out of base is a good leech to have. By the time they came to the defenses they were already about dead from water damage and SP fire.
    So now, by removing my lower defenses, the leech was at the top of the water tunnel where they could launch nukes into our base. Makes no sense. What happened to not removing other players containers? I would have retaliated but Novak did not build anything except one SC which would have been a lopsided swap.
    I just want all to know that if anyone removes my stuff because they do not understand the tactical advantage of what I build and where I place stuff, I will remove yours. I am tired of losing games because the enemy can get in too easily. Is it more important to stop their advance or about a little ru they may gain from some leeching? No matter how you try, there will always be a way for someone to leech. One layer of defense close to the core is the surest way to lose when the terrain allows for more distant defenses.

Removing stuff without asking the original builder is against the rules.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

You're not supposed to retaliate. Just report them, present some evidence (screenshot or demo) and it will be taken care of.

Though, maybe not in this case but you do build a lot of unnecessary leech.

1Shot is correct in his claim that I removed his buildings. Here is what I removed: 4 containers and a minishield at the bottom of the water tunnel on mcswartzly that was giving the enemy 50+ ru per shot. While it is technically stated in the rules that players cannot remove others' buildings, that does not give players license to build mega leeches which are ultimately a form of teamkilling. I made a super container outside the water tunnel and a minishield halfway down it which returned 5 ru per shot. While I can accept other players' tactics that are not close to what I consider ideal building practices (this is the only thread of its type towards me that I can think of), building a mega leech like 1shot did in that game is ridiculous.

We had a conversation about it after and he was very unhappy. I tried explaining what I said above while taking time out of playing the game while the other team gained steam against us. In spite of that fact, we still defeated them easily after not too long a period, so we did not lose the game because of it. I can understand egos clashing as far as building practices go, but lets just use a little common sense here. If he had scattered his containers even a little in that water tunnel, I would have let it go as I do many leeches commonly seen in games.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|chiseller View Post
    You're not supposed to retaliate. Just report them, present some evidence (screenshot or demo) and it will be taken care of.

Though, maybe not in this case but you do build a lot of unnecessary leech.
    Again, the idea that I build unnecessary leeches is a matter of opinion and not the point. I am usually the top warhead defender in most games I play. There is a reason for that...

--- Updated ---

Quote Originally Posted by Novak View Post
    1Shot is correct in his claim that I removed his buildings. Here is what I removed: 4 containers and a minishield at the bottom of the water tunnel on mcswartzly that was giving the enemy 50+ ru per shot. While it is technically stated in the rules that players cannot remove others' buildings, that does not give players license to build mega leeches which are ultimately a form of teamkilling. I made a super container outside the water tunnel and a minishield halfway down it which returned 5 ru per shot. While I can accept other players' tactics that are not close to what I consider ideal building practices (this is the only thread of its type towards me that I can think of), building a mega leech like 1shot did in that game is ridiculous.

We had a conversation about it after and he was very unhappy. I tried explaining what I said above while taking time out of playing the game while the other team gained steam against us. In spite of that fact, we still defeated them easily after not too long a period, so we did not lose the game because of it. I can understand egos clashing as far as building practices go, but lets just use a little common sense here. If he had scattered his containers even a little in that water tunnel, I would have let it go as I do many leeches commonly seen in games.
    Again, you need to weigh the advatage of keeping them out of the base with allowing them to gain a little RU. There was a minishield in front and I was keeping it up with SP's and SM's. Also, you have to keep in mind that their ability to leech is limited by the length of time they can spend in the watew and by me killing them as they leech. There are many factors that need to be taken into consideration. It isn't as if they are sitting in the water leeching huge amounts at will with no resistance. I do not build and forget, I build, maintain, and defend. The ultinate goal for me is to keep them as far from our core as possible while the "attackers" take them out. I provide the time to allow the team to win.
    There is some thought put into what I do. But since you admit the rule violation, I trust this will be handled by the admins at UT. When you nullify other players contribution to a game because you think you know better, you take their motivation to play away and cause bitterness.

Won't ban.
    Dunno other mods.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by 1Shot1Kill View Post
    Again, the idea that I build unnecessary leeches is a matter of opinion and not the point. I am usually the top warhead defender in most games I play. There is a reason for that...
    Just because it's subjective doesn't mean you are allowed to build whatever you want to. I can speak from personal experience that you tend to make unnecessary leech all the time, thus giving an advantage to the enemy team. Yet, I've never removed your builds. I would like to consider myself lenient when it comes to that but it has its limits. Since you are resistant to criticism (confirmed by your daughter) and seemingly unwilling to learn, this incident might be educational.

Considering that Novak actually tried to explain it to you, I have to side with Higor.

I did ban Novak once for SC removal, but said SC removal was a retaliation... to some trolling I did with a loooong fixed bug (which he didn't realize).
    Felt guilty a day later and removed it lol.

Since the leech thing isn't fully self-explanatory in Siege, I added an internal tracker for RU leeched by enemies, at some point I'll try and make that a visible stat to help teams build better
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Two of my scs telefragged that match without my knowledge, absolutely raging at my team who had no idea what had happened...nice work there, mod. Am sure the log from that stretch of the game would add an extra laugh.

seriously, some players build thing on place which only hinder the team
    most of times they dont remove any shit, or takes a long time for this

siege is like a race... who build the base, nukes and other itens has more chances to win

Thread Information