User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CTF-WashMe(xXx)

CTF-WashMe(R)

Ok, this should be good now. Bots work, and now custom razorback music that I created and played myself Don't worry, its professional

Attachment 2352
    Last edited by |2ambo; 05-22-2015 at 09:34 AM.

Ok
    Last edited by |2ambo; 05-22-2015 at 09:33 AM.

There is plenty of maps with xXx, mostly x-rated stuff so better pick one that suit you uniquely.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Oh, and I'm not sure if anyone knows this. Bots will get stuck in teleporters because of NewNet. For some reason, they wont pass through the teleporter. Yet another bug from NewNet.

I think you should stick to working on maps where the original mapper isn't still active in the community. Maybe tone down that sense of entitlement as well, telling people how annoyed you are that someone didn't put quite enough time into something or this and that isn't up to your standards(newnet). It's pretty ironic that the other map you posted is control and you're going to complain about about bot pathing on my lovely little map washme.

Quote Originally Posted by wndg View Post
    I think you should stick to working on maps where the original mapper isn't still active in the community. Maybe tone down that sense of entitlement as well, telling people how annoyed you are that someone didn't put quite enough time into something or this and that isn't up to your standards(newnet). It's pretty ironic that the other map you posted is control and you're going to complain about about bot pathing on my lovely little map washme.
    I'm sure you put alot of hours into washme, its an excellent map. There have been comments on bots not working, and also about music. Sorry if I peed in your cheerios. If your gonna make such an awesome map, Finish it.

As far as NewNet its buggier then zp IMO

I removed it. You can fix it, or not.

Quote Originally Posted by blkbeltolson View Post
    I'm sure you put alot of hours into washme, its an excellent map. There have been comments on bots not working, and also about music. Sorry if I peed in your cheerios. If your gonna make such an awesome map, Finish it.

As far as NewNet its buggier then zp IMO
    I made the map to be enjoyed, because I was bored with other maps. I never imagined people still played with bots in this day and age. I don't see why you would call it xxx and make your own thread but I can respect the gesture of goodwill to your fellow gamers. I've slapped some clan tags on maps I didn't develop from scratch but I did change them up a bit and the original mappers were long gone. Bluevember has no mark of my names but the signature wacky design choices I continue to make this very day.

As for newnet being buggier than zp, lol. There were plenty of euros and north americans that refused to play ZP because it was tremendously buggy, and they ultimately moved onto other games. There were also people that didn't like giving up the shot advantage in reg from low ping. Doesn't mean zp wasn't a sorely needed band aid to an aging game. The spawns in NN might be annoying but I put a lot of the blame from that on map layouts. I pug with more south americans and euros than ever, without newnet the competitive scene wouldn't be what it is today.

ps, considering stock maps have to be modified and even scrapped in this day and age please don't tell somone that makes something from scratch that it's not done. Bot pathinng never entered the equation since it was being designed for league play and the lan scenes are dead.

Art is never finished, only forgotten, or some shit.

I'm new here, and I had no idea that washme was your map, or I would have been wondering why it still had no bot support even after people wanted it. But whatever. Point is, I didn't know the actual author was alive and kicking in here.

People dont have to play maps single player, but if you connect to an empty server with out any bots, you'll be bored in about ..........10 seconds? Or..there will be bots for you to shoot at until someone finally comes in, but wait..they just stand there. I don't see why someone would build a map without bot pathing. The editor even has a lazy button, it will create its own path network in about, 10 seconds. Its a mess, but better than nothing.

I was just trying to help the map out for some of us who would like to actually play the map. Since it never gets voted when I'm playing. The only way I can play it, is on my server, with bots until people come in. I think your maps are kickass so far, I've only seen 2 so far, but I like the style.

Newnet wasnt around when I was playing UT. I started with the v_100 and went up from there to the last zppure. I think that was the last. Recently some of us from our zp facebook community got a server and I put newnet on it. And I think its running ver 9, and I definitely notice shots bouncing, and even pushing the other team players. Rare, but it happens. Just like the same complaints with zp.

I run both NewNet and zp2 in my mapvote, that way people can see the differences. I can barely tell the differences except newnet seems to bounce shots more then zp2. At least with zp2 the bots work correctly including using teleporters.
    Sure multiplayer people could care less, but for people who do spend the time go get the bots to work right, (and that can be a puzzle in it self) might be dissapointed that their bots will not work correctly on a newnet server.

Anyway, nice maps. I wont molest any more of them
    Last edited by |2ambo; 05-23-2015 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Still cant spell

Quote Originally Posted by blkbeltolson View Post
    newnet seems to bounce shots more then zp2.
    Not possible 99.9999% of the time. The only way this can happen is if you die between the time you fire on your screen and the shot actually reaches the server.

Thread Information