Windows 10 - Should I upgrade or not?

User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Windows 10 - Should I upgrade or not?

So i am wondering if anyone has upgraded to Windows 10? If you have, do you like it so far?
    "What's Yours Is Mine" Garret Thief (2013)
    Roberto Gómez Bolaños "Chespirito" fue si querer queriendo. You'll be missed.

I switched from 8.1 to 10 on my laptop. Honestly it does feels better , gaming is better; i am getting more fps on 10 as compared to 8.1 (games lagged alot on 8.1)

But 10 isnt quite stable too. Since it is just released , it will require some few monthly updates.

I heard it windows 10 'spys' on you thats what is putting me off downloading it, but I love the style of the start menu and such
    Lady*Stardust'! Bazinga! :P Meow Meow Meow Meoww!

Yes there are some unwanted things enabled by default. First is Wi-Fi Sense; it gives out the wifi passwords to all of your Outlook, Facebook, Skype contacts once they are near those networks. Microsoft said it is "Wifi sharing" lel.

Secondly, to reduce the load form servers they have made windows updates P2P. So, you will be downloading updates from somebody's else computer(leeching) and your computer will be receiving from somebody else's(seeding) . Slow connection users; RIP BANDWIDTH.

Now that's even more shit to hear about P2P.

I did remember hearing about the spy stuff. Pretty nasty and I would NOT get win 10 for that.

I only heard like 2 or 3 person using win 10, Sir.|Fizz (bt player), Seabass, and someone else I forgot atm. They said UT runs fine.

RIP Micro$oft, letting apple fan boy into their work space and let the privacy invading begins.. hello Linux <3.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Banny View Post
    Yes there are some unwanted things enabled by default. First is Wi-Fi Sense; it gives out the wifi passwords to all of your Outlook, Facebook, Skype contacts once they are near those networks. Microsoft said it is "Wifi sharing" lel.

Secondly, to reduce the load form servers they have made windows updates P2P. So, you will be downloading updates from somebody's else computer(leeching) and your computer will be receiving from somebody else's(seeding) . Slow connection users; RIP BANDWIDTH.
    I believe you can get the updates directly from the microsoft servers. The spy stuff i don't think i would have too much trouble since i can probably diaable using it. I have read that their new internet browser is better than ie but i don't know for sure.
    "What's Yours Is Mine" Garret Thief (2013)
    Roberto Gómez Bolaños "Chespirito" fue si querer queriendo. You'll be missed.

i will never update too window10 i reinstalled too windows7 ...
    Last edited by |uK|LadyS; 08-15-2015 at 03:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ScReaM View Post
    i will never update too window10 i reinstalled too windows7 ...
    I'm thinking of reinstalling windows 7 too, I have windows 8 now and I'm absolutely sick of it
    Lady*Stardust'! Bazinga! :P Meow Meow Meow Meoww!

Quote Originally Posted by Chamberly View Post
    I only heard like 2 or 3 person using win 10, Sir.|Fizz (bt player), Seabass, and someone else I forgot atm. They said UT runs fine.

RIP Micro$oft, letting apple fan boy into their work space and let the privacy invading begins.. hello Linux <3.
    I've been runnng Win10 since the day it was released, and my impression of it thus far has been mostly positive.
    The two most important differences to me are:
    * Speed. Win10 boots up insanely fast compared to Win7. I don't know if the fact that I reformatted my drive using GPT partitioning (I was using MBR) has anything to do with it. Overall it just feels snappier in every way. This is my favorite thing about Win10 so far.
    * I can finally play UT without disableing my second monitor in the NVidia control panel. When I tried playing with both on in Win7, both screens just went black.

UT never ran perfect on Win7 for me, and Win10 is no exception there. After a lot of tweaking, I've finally been able to get it to a point where I can enjoy playing again.
    I suspect that the occational "hiccups" (frame drops?) that I've always had are caused by some background service.

The biggest annoyance I've had with it so far is the fact that it distributes Win10 by default without explicitly asking for my permission to do so, but as Banny mentioned, this can easily be disabled, so no biggie.

The reason why the tech press is going nuts about WiFi sense is because they're idiots who rarly fact-check anything. WiFi sense does *not* share the password to your network connections by default. It's something you have to enable (and confirm by entering your WiFi password.)
    WiFi sense looks pretty neat, though. I give my WiFi password to all visitors anyway, so this just makes it easier. I might enable it.

Also, what does Apple have to do with this? They're actually positioning themselves as a privacy minded company compared to other OS vendors. Just check out the rating the EFF gives them compared to Microsoft and Google.
    If you're that worried about your privacy and you're going to be installing GNU/Linux, you should look into whether Ubuntu is still riddled with adware etc. Last time I checked, they sent a lot of information to 3rd parties. Been a while since I checked, so their policies might have changed after all the bad press they got.
    Last edited by seabass; 08-15-2015 at 05:10 AM.

I'll be waiting a few months until most of the bugs are sorted. Rather have something old and stable, than something new and unstable.

Thread Information