[UK] & [US] INSTAGIB RULES

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

[UK] & [US] INSTAGIB RULES

Rules and Guideline to play on uK's Instagib CTF servers. [Public]

No excessive back shooting or chasing • The reason I use excessive is because back shooting and chasing will happen regardless but if neither flag is taken why are you backshooting or chasing? The only reason you should be doing either or is to cover the flag or killing a flagcarrier or a player covering a flag I understand sometimes you don't do it on purpose it's a reaction shot or twitch/reflex) (This rule will be changed at some point or another more examples added.)

No camping • This means on the back of enemies bases or in the middle of the map in a corner, spawncamping/spawnkilling, liftcamping/abusing the movers of such in any map.

No Deathmatching • Just simply killing players to obtain frags and nothing more.

Play CTF this meansRunning, Grabbing, Supporting, Advancing, Covering - which many resort to Deathmatching in some public players eye's as long as you are running along side or closely to the flag carrier its called COVERING

Defending • Yes it is allowed you can defend just as long as you're not in the middle of a map or in your base shooting players in middle this means you protect your flag you kill people who are in the base trying to grab. (Rule will be subject to change at some point or another maps like w00t etc conflict with this rule)

No teamkilling or boosting • The wrong way on purpose or preventing a flag carrier from advancing or capping. Do not boost other around for no reason if it's not supportive for them.

No teamswitching • Do not go to join the other team, by using a team switch keybind or spamming in the chat area to switch to the other team, or even going to spec (!s), typing !teams (!t) or waiting for a game to be balanced by other, and returning onto the opposite team (!p). Should a game's balancer ask the players to fix the team, only type !t as directed.

No Laming or Cheating If you cheat first time, 6 months ban. 2nd time, permabanned. No exploiting!

No bouncing • This means if you're doing a out of normal jump which can or could be considered Bunnyhopping, froghopping, skipjumping these all mean the same thing if you do this please suicide as soon you bounce.

No advertising • We have a forum's if you wish to advertise/socialize/etc.

UnrealKillers.com | UnrealTournament 1999 GOTY Community

Some rules are not finalized or completed and will be subject to change overtime due to people/players trying to work around or exploit them.

These servers are moderated! Read the fine prints here!
    We will warn you if we catch you breaking any of these rules. If you choose to ignore, no communication, or try fight against the admin/moderator's request by returning any thing that would not be helpful in a response such as cussing, or failure to cooperate and keep breaking the rules = can result in a kick, or a ban decided by the admin/moderator. Match/day bans are decided on player's history, player's previous bans, and admin/moderator's decision. These bans can be updated anytime with/without any notice.

Sometimes you will find your ban in the ban section here: Bans
    Should you find your ban in wrong reason, feel free to contact an admin and/or moderator for a private review. May have a slow response time.
    Otherwise, feel free to post in the public thread where every admin/moderator can see it and maybe a quicker service as needed. Mostly used. Reports/Complaints & Appeals
    If you have a complaint about other people breaking a rule, go ahead and post that in the complaint section as well.
    Upon your request on any of these, please include a screenshot, and/or demo. In most cases, demos are reviewed upon better investigation. & Please add detailed information of what you are submitting for so it will take less time to communicate to find out what are we looking for.
    Last edited by Chamberly; 11-12-2015 at 05:39 AM.

·=GU II sDOM >3paco Finalist =· ·=GU saDM I Semi Finalist=· ·=GU I PBR Quarter Finalist=· ·=GU II roflnation Winner=· ·=GU III \\cG Semi Finalist=· ·=GU IV \\'. Finalist=· ·=GU V iB. Winner=· ·=OW I iCTF Finalist=· ·=ClanBase DIV3 iCTF WINNER ]eLc[=·

About w00t you seem to say no Defending.
    Defending • Yes it is allowed you can defend just as long as you're not in the middle of a map or in your base shooting players in middle this means you protect your flag you kill people who are in the base trying to grab. (Rule will be subject to change at some point or another maps like w00t etc conflict with this rule)

But there is a lot players make camping on the back of enemies bases No camping • (This means on the back of enemies bases or in the middle of the map in a corner,spawncamping,liftcamping)

It becomes essential for me defending when we are 6/6 on w00t and players make me a hollyshit on my ass this is for stop the camping on the back of enemies bases.
    Last edited by medor; 11-12-2015 at 04:43 AM.

(Rule will be subject to change at some point or another. Maps like w00t etc conflict with this rule) we understand certain maps like w00t or anything open conflicts with that rule we will add an exception to certain maps or find another way.

·=GU II sDOM >3paco Finalist =· ·=GU saDM I Semi Finalist=· ·=GU I PBR Quarter Finalist=· ·=GU II roflnation Winner=· ·=GU III \\cG Semi Finalist=· ·=GU IV \\'. Finalist=· ·=GU V iB. Winner=· ·=OW I iCTF Finalist=· ·=ClanBase DIV3 iCTF WINNER ]eLc[=·

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    nice shots long awaited thanks for taking the lead on this

--- Updated ---

open maps problem its pretty simple to me, you dont have any reason to be behind the enemy base backshooting and killing enemies unless you're actually running out and covering the same time as your efc. people tend to stand behind enemy bases shooting at their own base or at enemy spawn points from above when flag is still on stand, this is deemed camping/spawnkilling/backshooting etc

Quote Originally Posted by medor View Post
    About w00t you seem to say no Defending.
    Because you can only stand behind the boxes facing toward the flag which make defending kinda pointless for the flag.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Good stuff @|uK|UNrealshots!

For the TL;DR people:

IT'S CALLED CAPTURE THE FLAG SO PLAY CAPTURE THE FLAG AND ANY BEHAVIOR THAT DOESN'T HELP WITH CAPTURING THE FLAG WILL LIKELY RESULT IN A BAN.

nice one shots

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|UNrealshots View Post
    No teamswitching • Do not go to join the other team, by using a team switch keybind [...]
    Am I still allowed to switch when I join, its 5v6 and the other team is down like 5 caps for example? Happens often that I get assigned to the winning team (because of the color I had in the previous game I think) and it would be just stupid not to switch - I guess thats an exception to the rule?
    Or is this rule just for retards like rasta-man who fuck up the teams intentionally when they are losing?

I would say that when you join and its 6vs5 or any kind of uneven team, and the one who is loosing has 1 player less, you can switch. But i guess this is more for the players already playing.

Quote Originally Posted by skinnyPete View Post
    Or is this rule just for retards like rasta-man who fuck up the teams intentionally when they are losing?
    That's exactly what it's for.

Thread Information