User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    use not abuse

Calm down you ape.

"Boom, Headshot!" - FPS_Doug
    Siege Strategy Guide Available at: http://www.mediafire.com/?auf58ax6vhbu5ry

Can i start banning ? dislike this post if you wish, i wanna ban someone here for the first time. As someone said, it is there to use it.
    "Tactical Suicide!"

i didnt get none

NVM .. . ... ...

go ahead ban us or i can just not use the web anymore or i can just delete my account . its up to u

ban ydt.

hey i realize this is the most I've been on the forums

Ok, for the ones who think this is "ok", somewhat, let me ask you this:
    - Do you know anything at all about PHP?
    - Do you know the concepts and knowledge needed to make something like this work?
    - Do you know what Ajax or JS even is?

I do PHP/JS/Ajax/HTML/CSS and even some image editing as my job, and let me tell you that doing something like this is not as easy as it looks.
    The problem is not exactly the implementation (that part is the easiest), the problem is when you care about the fiability of the service and its performance, and if the cost vs usage is good enough to actually make it, and once you get javascript involved, there's the problem of working in all the browsers.

Basically said, everything this forum has was hard work from scar afaik.
    When he created this like/dislike system he was aiming for the users to use it "correctly", meaning giving your opinion in a post with a simple click, an honest opinion.

From the moment you use it to "play" or in some sort of retarded competition, you're spitting in scar's hard work which he made for you guys so the forum could be better, and he clearlly isn't happy with that.

Plus, did you know that by doing this shit you're decreasing the forum's performance little by little? By each like/dislike an entry is created in a table in a database, the bigger the table the slower the query, specially since I am certain that "joins" are being used to link the users table to the likes table which consequently is linked to a posts table.

So by using it this way, if scar lets you keeping it up, scar will just have to disable the system he actually CARED TO MAKE IN THE FIRST PLACE.

And we go even further, what if scar wanted to implement a "karma" or "reputation" system per user where the likes/dislikes were the base to calculate this? He just CAN'T now because you FUCKED UP THE ENTIRE LIKES/DISLIKES CREDIBILITY WITH YOUR CHILDREN PLAY!
    In another words, he would have to create yet another table with its own reputation points system, which means slower forum and it wouldn't be effective anymore.

You guys just fucked up the whole purpose of scar's hard work and spitted in his face. Congratulations.

If this sort of bs happenned over at ut99.org, I wouldn't threat twice, the culprits would be banned (for some time) faster than a blink of an eye.

BTW: Nothing against you guys who did this, it's simply that you fucked up in this one.
    Last edited by Feralidragon; 08-02-2011 at 02:15 PM.

I'm not going to warn again. Grim's been banned. The rest of you...pack it in.

Oh cool you do html xXx? I made my first page with movements, music, and everything Its an easy language to learn. And cross site scripting too? Dude I do not get java script at all but I will :|

and omfg scar you made the like and dislike buttons?! You can code?!?!?!?! wow your a defense guy and a coding guy now. all hail to scar now he knows everything

I feel like a noob now I can only make pages lol and scar can make that down there

->
    Last edited by Sakura; 08-02-2011 at 02:55 PM.
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Winston Churchill

Thread Information