User Tag List

Killing Spree Joe_AGoodDeathmatchName's Avatar

Why SGRestart_v1?

Why is the server usually running the map "SGRestart_v1" when I check it here? It didn't do that years ago.

Hi Joe, when the game restarts to a specific map, people used to be able to vote and play it twice via mapvote. So now, it's just the standard map after restart.

I guess I'm wondering why the server restarting so often. I don't remember it doing that years ago. Is it crashing or does it just restart after a while when no one is logged in?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_AGoodDeathmatchName View Post
    I guess I'm wondering why the server restarting so often. I don't remember it doing that years ago. Is it crashing or does it just restart after a while when no one is logged in?
    It restarts on a set schedule if no one is on the server

The "problem" with that is that no one is going to log on to goof around on a restart map--I don't know if I've ever seen anyone do that. So then, people are not going to gather at all to play the next (real) siege map... Maybe that's why there seems to be so few players these days. Am I making sense?

To whom do I speak about changing this?

I doubt it has anything to do with that tbh - there is a mapvote, people can join and vote to change the map. It's that simple.

The UT population in general has died down a lot over the past two years. Not a lot you can do about that tbh. It was a good run

I don't know whether anyone cares, but it'd be simple to test that: Change it so it doesn't go back to a restart map and then see whether attendance increases.

Thread Information