User Tag List

Posts moderation

Hi admins (namelly Blaze and $carface)

Well, I have 2 sugestions to be implemented in the forum if your time allows you to:

1 - If a user has posts waiting for approval, he/she should be able to see AND edit said posts until they're approved, and get a notification when it gets either approved or not.
    The editing should have a limit of 5 minutes or so (like in moddb), as I know the problems of being able to edit and wait for approval (unless you lock the edit while an admin looks at it).
    As it is right now we never know if our posts got removed or if they are still waiting or not.

2 - I think that "trusted" users ("trusted" meaning "users that post frequently and are trusted to always post something along the rules of the forum"), should be able to post in all the forums without the need of moderation.
    By having a list of such users, Blaze (and other admins) would have a lot less work to do in the forum, less annoyances, and besides, some actual usefull posts will get unread as the page gets new posts from other users, which can be quite frustating for users actually fairly participating in the discussions.

Of course, at the first BS post a "trusted" member does, he would be removed from such list. New users are obviouslly "not trusted".

Just 2 sugestions that would highly benefit the forum, and I think they're aren't that difficult to pull out, they may just take some free time from someone hence asking "if such person has time".

i agree ^^^^^ half the posts i make need to be approved and sometimes i dont even see some of them turn up and im like god dam why cant trusted members like all of |uK| not have this limetion and the people they see fit that dont spam and follow the rules

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    if i did that id have to make seperate accounts for every user....

il take off moderation for registered users

Well, don't you have seperate groups with different permissions? In phpBB based forums you can add entire groups into another one (I am aware this one is vBulletin, so it's supposed to be better, although that doesn't seem always the case). Of course, for regular "registered" users you would have to add each one at a time, but there aren't many of them you would add (I guess?).

Either ways, thanks Blaze for taking off the moderation. I can understand why it was activated in the first place, but so far everything seems quite and on a good run (of course, this could be due to posts moderation, idk what happens indoors lol), it's just in case you activate it again, the ability to actually see the status of our posts is a must (specially posts we take some time to make).

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    lol yea i think its off now wont know until someone posts something with a link in it

yea we have seperate groups for uk members registered users etc if a new user joins they get put into moderation queue for new users and i activate it myself after doing checks they then go to the registered users group if i do activate their account

moderation might not be off like i said next time someone pay attention when you post a link and leme know if it goes into moderation or not

I just made a post in my Nali Weapons 3 topic, and since it has a link it's waiting for approval.

So either moderation is back on, or it wasn't fully disabled...

It is section dependant. I'll look at it tomorrow.

Thread Information