User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: team balance

team balance

Can anyone fix the team balance function on the server? Because that needs to be fixed a hell of a lot more than placing mine limits on pugs....

I can understand when teams are stacked in public server - but the team balance is completely worthless.... I really don't know how it works but if it could be changed to favor balancing for kills instead of how it balances now might help...? It kills a lot of games on there.. I try to switch teams when I can to balance but a lot of times it won't even let me and will switch me back

Also the server crashed at least 2x yesterday mid map

It's based on cookies that you can win or lose each game and other parameters which I am not aware of. It's far from perfect but better than nothing I guess. Improvements would be welcome, indeed. Nag noggin, it's his piece of code.

From what I've seen it's only based on top scores, get the top score (ala rocket cannoning your way through) and you're ranked high. Then of course the next map you get fucked because you are terrible and don't justify that high ranked spot.

Quote Originally Posted by TDNConvict View Post
    if it could be changed to favor balancing for kills
    ScoringMethod=1
    // 0=score, 1=frags, 2=average_frags_and_score (default), 3=0-100_ordered_ranking

Most of the good players don't care about balanced teams. I sometimes try but I don't make much difference. ^^

AutoTeamBalance is released under GPL so anyone can try to fix it.

But whilst it's far from perfect, I don't actually think it is the problem. I think it usually does balance quite well at the start of the game. But then Termi either leaves or joins, and teams are immediately screwed.

Solution? Good players use F1 and try to care.

Oh, and I almost forgot to say, Blaze is a twat.

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    NOOB NOGGIN FIX ATB

Quote Originally Posted by noggieB View Post
    ScoringMethod=1
    // 0=score, 1=frags, 2=average_frags_and_score (default), 3=0-100_ordered_ranking

Most of the good players don't care about balanced teams. I sometimes try but I don't make much difference. ^^

AutoTeamBalance is released under GPL so anyone can try to fix it.

But whilst it's far from perfect, I don't actually think it is the problem. I think it usually does balance quite well at the start of the game. But then Termi either leaves or joins, and teams are immediately screwed.

Solution? Good players use F1 and try to care.

Oh, and I almost forgot to say, Blaze is a twat.
    i think the point system should be this

// 0=score, 3=frags, 2=average_frags/sec, 1=0-100_ordered_ranking

- ranking being so high could screw the teams because noobs can just make nukes and nuke like a bitch and get 1st place
    - frags (kills) should be higher because that's really how you can split the noobs from the pros.
    - Maybe add EFF and ACC to the ATB

SilverWing, those are 4 different scoring methods. Admins must choose one to use on their server. You cannot use a combination of them (unless you edit the source code, e.g. with Notepad). If you want to focus only on frags. then set ScoringMethod=1.

Blaze, I cannot "fix" what is not "broken". If you want to report a bug, then please do so, but be specific. "It doesn't work" is considered by programmers to be a typical tiresome noobish comment.

All these arguments about weak players doing well are just nonsense. If a player does well and destroys the enemy core and gets lots of points then he is not a weak player, by definition! And naturally, ATB considers stats from many previous games, not just the last one.

If you guys want to see what the real problem is, then type "mutate strengths" in the console right after the game starts, and then again 1 minute later. It often looks like this:

Teams are well balanced (+12 to red). [Great success ATB!]
    == Game starts ==
    Blaze leaves red (cba with map)
    CHIMP leaves blue (mom calls him for dinner)
    Terminator leaves red (attention deficit disorder)
    === The game has now been going for about 30 seconds ===
    Teams are now utterly fucked (+250 to blue).

So I will repeat my suggestion to mitigate this: add an extra 10 seconds of idle time before the game starts, so that all the players can join, and so that players can decide whether or not they are going to stay, before the balance happens.
    Last edited by noggieB; 12-01-2011 at 01:25 PM.

Noggie, if you're on my team and I completly dominate the other team by killing them, covering your monkey ass to attack their core, WHO'S THE MORE VALUABLE PLAYER THEN?

no matter what you do freeze you will never be a valuable player! :P

\/

Thread Information