User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pokemon Generation 5

Because I've heard so many good things about them, I decided to finally pick up a copy of Pokemon White and to be honest, GameFreak surprised me with this game. While not as good as Heart Gold/Soul Silver or Crystal, they are still better than the original Gold/Silver as well as Red/Blue/Yellow. The game feels very new too and unlike half of generation 3 and almost all of generation 4 the new pokemon they introduced are actually interesting, which is a good thing since those are going to be the ONLY pokemon you'll mess around with for most of the game (this really makes the game feel fresh, as your not going to be sticking with old favorites). Story wise it's better than most of the other games as well, with a few plot twists thrown in for good measure, and even a crime syndicate that's as bad ass as what Team Rocket was in generation 1 and 2. Music aint bad either. They also put in A LOT of little details in the game, such as making certain pokemon appear during different seasons and having certain areas only accessible during different times of the year, they also over-hauled the online feature of the game with this new kick ass C Gear feature. Overall it's an excellent game that I highly recommend for those who own a Nintendo DS, it's definitely the second best Pokemon game ever developed that's for sure.

btw the White version is superior to the Black version due to the White Forest (loaded with TONS of pokemon, including old favorites from other games) being a better region than the Black City (you battle a bunch of trainers here.. woohoo) and 3 on 3 battles not being luck based like rotation ones.

My score breakdown of the games (as you can see, everything between Crystal and the remakes of Gold/Silver aint worth touching for the most part):
    Black/White (9.4)
    HeartGold/SoulSilver (9.7)
    Platinum (6.5)
    Diamond/Pearl (6.2)
    FireRed/LeafGreen (4.2)
    Emerald (7.0)
    Ruby/Sapphire (6.6)
    Crystal (9.2)
    Gold/Silver (9.0)
    Yellow (8.5)
    Red/Blue (8.2)
    Last edited by Lee_Stricklin; 06-22-2011 at 07:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee_Stricklin View Post
    GameFreak surprised me with this game. While not as good as Heart Gold/Soul Silver or Crystal, they are still better than the original Gold/Silver as well as Red/Blue/Yellow.
    You have just lost 10 spam points -.-
    No pokemon game was better than the original red/blue/yellow -.-

I've played pokemon Goldensky

Goldensky?
    SilverOcean?

Quote Originally Posted by DevilHawk View Post
    You have just lost 10 spam points -.-
    No pokemon game was better than the original red/blue/yellow -.-
    i have to agree at 1000%

The original Gold/Silver were far superior to them, mostly due to the added content (which also included Kanto from the first game and it's protagonist as the final boss) AND interface clean up, not to mention less glitches, and major balance fixes (thanks to the introduction of Steel and Dark types, Psychic type no longer dominates). The remake of Gold/Silver added a ton more content as well, including a new Safari Zone (which was in Red/Blue, but not in Gold/Silver), new region, a restored version of Viridian Forest (which was cut down in the original), more detail (each town has their own distinct look), all of the side quests from Crystal, and even the original 8 bit soundtrack as an unlockable.

You still lost the spam points dude -.-

No pokemon game is better than the originals.
    1. That was my childhood game
    2. Pokemon went shit when the introduced more ... Kinda fucked up the whole 150 pokemon in the world -.-
    3. it was on gameboy colour which i still have >_<

Quote Originally Posted by DevilHawk View Post
    You still lost the spam points dude -.-

No pokemon game is better than the originals.
    1. That was my childhood game
    2. Pokemon went shit when the introduced more ... Kinda fucked up the whole 150 pokemon in the world -.-
    3. it was on gameboy colour which i still have >_<

1 If that was your childhood game, then your a noob that hasn't been gaming as long as me :P

2 Pokemon went to shit when Ruby/Sapphire were released due to being VERY underwhelming (everything was a downgrade) in comparison to Gold/Silver and even Red/Green/Blue/Yellow. Half of Ruby/Sapphire's Pokemon were also shit, as were all of Diamond/Pearl's and it seemed GameFreak's focus was just bloating the Pokemon roster. This changed with Black/White and the series was turned around with HeartGold/SoulSilver before those games were released. The Pokemon introduced in Gold/Silver were probably the best in the series followed by the originals and the ones in Black/White (which has a lot of new ones that have become some of my favorites... unlike Ruby/Sapphire and Diamond/Pearl)

3 It was on GameBoy/GameBoy Pocket, NOT GameBoy Color (Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal were Color games though, with Crystal requiring a GameBoy Color to play)

4 I can spam better than any of you can :P (except for WildCard)
    Last edited by Lee_Stricklin; 06-22-2011 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee_Stricklin View Post

4 I can spam better than any of you can :P (except for WildCard)
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Sorry just that line made me laugh so freakin' hard

Oh wait......here it comes again

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOL OLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOL OLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOL OLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLL OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL OLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOL OLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOL OLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOL OLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOL OLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOL OLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOL OLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLL OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL OLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOL OLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOL OLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOL OLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOL OLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOL OLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

No sir. There is no better spammer then me =)

You asked for it... almost forgot to add, there were originally 151 + 1 Pokemon. Mew was 151 and was an event Pokemon and a glitch caused an otherwise non-existant pokemon called Missingno. to appear.

Last edited by Lee_Stricklin; 06-23-2011 at 07:40 AM.

Thread Information