25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 40.00%
  • No

15 60.00%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    ChanClan
    Quote Originally Posted by audiosonic View Post
    Even though I'm pretty sure nobody was around when I fired my nuke at a super protector I think it was something else that took it down. Some very thricky timing with a mine explosion could also be the case.
    That may be the case, and I've seen some thricky timing moves with Mines, Impact Hammers and even the TRANS. But, this was during freebuild. conditions are different when freebuild it enabled. Perhaps it's in the free build code we must inspect.

^ Nope. In free build the conditions are the same protectors and warheads wise, so it doesn't really make a difference other than as you stated: be able to build certain things regularly you wouldn't be able to in a real game.

And yeah, it's possible to kill the warhead with impact hammer or mines, and with the translocator you don't really kill it, rather the warhead just explodes normally at the spot it was hit by the trans.

Quote Originally Posted by ChanClan View Post
    That may be the case, and I've seen some thricky timing moves with Mines, Impact Hammers and even the TRANS. But, this was during freebuild. conditions are different when freebuild it enabled. Perhaps it's in the free build code we must inspect.
    Grim died before the freebuild chanclan.

i'm not in support of limits on anything except maybe how many containers can be built next too each other or mini shields

one thing thought is i think you should take away the sp's ability to see through doors like in simplex... you open the door and heath is instantly gone in public game.. end up killing yourself half the time

The ability to "see" through doors is an online bug related to the way protectors "see", in offline it doesn't happen (or theoretically shouldn't, didn't test it).
    It uses a "FastTrace", the fastest trace there is to check if there's no walls or anything between one point and another (in this case between itself and the player). If there's something between, it doesn't attack.

It seems that for some reason though, in online play the fasttrace bugs out with thin movers and therefore in certain maps it aparently sees "through doors".
    The only potential solution (not proven yet, didn't try) is making a slightly slower trace (basically a regular trace) to check if something is between, but this means that instead or besides the fast one, we add more processing with a further trace to check this.

But in practice, if we make a fasttrace and some faster checks first and then a normal trace to check more accurately, the odds of making the server slower are very low since it's more likely something valid to attack is not in view rather than in view.

Why can't we leave everything as it is? it's good as it is.

Thread Information