User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I just tried again not as spec....it hangs on connecting for a few seconds then it says connection failed. I tried the other UK server and it works fine. All the other servers I go on as well. Could it be that my ip is banned? Thanks for any info.

sam ur just being stubborn now

Quote Originally Posted by Peggy_Power View Post
    I just tried again not as spec....it hangs on connecting for a few seconds then it says connection failed. I tried the other UK server and it works fine. All the other servers I go on as well. Could it be that my ip is banned? Thanks for any info.
    Maybe it was just full, let me go check the banlist in case

EDIT: You are not banned innit
    Last edited by Moskva; 05-05-2012 at 04:43 PM.
    Season ranks: MLSG - #45 Semis, MLSG II - #38 Finals, MLSG III - #34 Finals, GU.Siege - #32 5th Place, IST - #11 CHAMPION

RESOLVED

I figured since this threat pretty much describes to what I wanted to post, I would just post here - instead of starting a new thread.

I've been playing Siege for quite some time now, I'd say a month or two. I've never really had a problem joining a game to play (not spec, I can see you've established a password for that, that doesn't concern or bother me at the moment). Maybe you updated Nexgen or something on your servers, though, because I tried joining a match yesterday - when the server wasn't full - and I just ended up in the server for a moment, with my guns and on a team and physically IN the map, without my HUD or menus or core status, anything like that showing. Several seconds later, it says I timed out or gave me some error about how I couldn't join. This happens over and over again now, whenever I try to join... this wasn't happening several weeks ago.

Oddly enough, the only time I can see the HUD/core/etc. is when a round has ended, and the voting menu comes up. Then, I'm just fine and can type messages and crap.

I don't doubt that you needed some changes to the server, and I welcome anything that makes the experience there better. But, is there any way I can resolve this issue of mine? It seems like I'm not alone here...
    Last edited by jaypeezy; 05-05-2012 at 08:42 PM.

Can someone post screenshots of these issues? When does it timeout? What is the timeout message?

I just had a look at the serverlog it looks like a timeout as you described. Could you open UT and open your console and type netspeed 20000 and then try to join?
    Last edited by SAM; 05-05-2012 at 08:33 PM.

The console command worked. Thanks a lot! No more disconnect problems.

Well I'm out of ideas....I don't know why I can't connect to the server anymore. I get stuck on Connecting for a few seconds, then it just says connection failed. I re-installed my UT and still the same problem....I tried changing the netspeed and nothing. I don't understand...I was able to play yesterday with no problems. I can connect to the other UK server without any problems. Any other ideas what I can do to solve this problem....thanks in advance.

Could I get some feedback on the suggestions in my first post?

Quote Originally Posted by Peggy_Power View Post
    Well I'm out of ideas....I don't know why I can't connect to the server anymore. I get stuck on Connecting for a few seconds, then it just says connection failed. I re-installed my UT and still the same problem....I tried changing the netspeed and nothing. I don't understand...I was able to play yesterday with no problems. I can connect to the other UK server without any problems. Any other ideas what I can do to solve this problem....thanks in advance.
    Deleting the ACE files from your system folder and downloading them again from the server would be an option
    Season ranks: MLSG - #45 Semis, MLSG II - #38 Finals, MLSG III - #34 Finals, GU.Siege - #32 5th Place, IST - #11 CHAMPION

Thanks for the suggestion Moskva...but it didn't help. It seems that when I connect it freezes for a few seconds almost like I'm timeing out. Sometimes it will connect me to the server but my screen would be frozen then it kicks me out with the message....connection failed. I went to the other UK server and it worked fine. All the other servers I visit also work fine. Anyways thanks everyone for your input...I guess I will try again tomorrow....I have been at this almost all day lol.

Thread Information