User Tag List

Suggestion for Spectate mode.

When I am spectating, (for moderating) i need to be able to move about the map quickly to spot trouble or screen shot an area. If I could press JUMP to release from a player I am following and move straight into free move at that spot instead of back to where my own camera is, it would be of great benefit. OR Jump would take me back to my own camera (at it's current location) and ALT-Fire would move my own camera to the location of the player I am following.

something like that?
    {GkC}Poema is autor of one extension of Demomanager, in this extension you can do that
    the name of the extension is "Unreal Tournament movie demomanager" and you can download it here http://gkc.forum.free.fr/moviedemoma...roduction.html
    now my question is, is possible to use outside of Demomanager? ok obviously yes but now other question, how?

Edit the link
    Last edited by Crsk; 07-21-2012 at 08:16 AM.

Yes, Crsk.. something like that.. but I beleive the demomanager has some conflics with the NexGen and the Xconsole... I am just asking for an improved spectator mode.
    Last edited by .seVered.][; 07-21-2012 at 08:14 PM.

We can't run anything serverside to enhance spectator views...the server has enough work to do already what with ineffecient coding, high pingers, random dcers, reconnectors etc etc list goes on all day long! This must be something the client runs...

Quote Originally Posted by .se\/ered.][ View Post
    When I am spectating, (for moderating) i need to be able to move about the map quickly to spot trouble or screen shot an area. If I could press JUMP to release from a player I am following and move straight into free move at that spot instead of back to where my own camera is, it would be of great benefit. OR Jump would take me back to my own camera (at it's current location) and ALT-Fire would move my own camera to the location of the player I am following.
    yeah why not lets put some more shit on the servers and make it even more laggy...

one of these is very easy to do:

Subclass CHSpectator, when you right click (while viewing a player), instead of just returning to own view; move the spector to this player as well like CS does.
    That allows the spectator to locate a player, and then go to free look at his/her location with the right click.

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    one of these is very easy to do:

Subclass CHSpectator, when you right click (while viewing a player), instead of just returning to own view; move the spector to this player as well like CS does.
    That allows the spectator to locate a player, and then go to free look at his/her location with the right click.
    But that has to be added server side, but is handled client side? Perhaps we could have a look at an example?

Can be added inside or outside of Siege, as a mutator or a core modification.

Doing the same UTPure does when changing player classes, you change the spectator player class to the new class.
    It can be done on GameInfo's Login() or in a mutator's ModifyLogin().

Thread Information