User Tag List

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    great ide
    +1
    HIGH[+]MET/\L

Sounds mad good i like the color idea we should do something like that xD

nice sugestions
    i hate when my team dont use a nice tele that can carry my team to victory, it happens almost every day =(

siege has very things for be improved, we can let it 10 times better then current version... i have very ideas, but you know, my english sucks HIUAHEIU
    Last edited by HIGH[+]AdRiaN; 05-20-2012 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|0WN-AG3! View Post
    [FONT=Century Gothic]Teleporters need a way of indicating that they are active and ready to use and so I think that,
    teleporters should change colours when they are active.
    Thats really a Great Idea

rather than wasting your time typing ( use My Tele Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaast)
    and now one does daaaaaah or they dont pay much attention to wherever says in the game or they simply don't know English!

change in color will be helpful for everyone.

this is actually a really good idea but i dont know how ownage came up with it:A

Quote Originally Posted by HIGH[+]AdRiaN View Post
    i hate when my team dont use a nice tele that can carry my team to victory, it happens almost every day =(
    Action is most definitively going to be taken!

ME LOOKS LIKE A GOOD IDEA, ALSO LOSE NO TIME OR TESTING THE TELE WARNING LIKE GIVING A FEW MIMOS DANCE SHOW

XD

Lightbulb

Hello all, Ownage directed my attention to this topic so I figured I'd put my two cents in.

Teleporter:

I haven't been active with UT but if the teleporter animations look anything like they used to I imagine you could pretty easily set it up so that when a teleporter is deactive the rings around it no longer show so when looking at it all you see is something like a floating orb. If the teleporter becomes active then the animation changes and you see the rings again.

Also, just a side idea, you could have it set so that only one of the teleporter's change animations. The idea would be that the second teleporter you built would remain in it's "deactive" form so that it's harder for the enemy team to see. You would probably have to designate both ends as their own separate building to spend RU on. You could possibly even just make it to where the "stealth teleporter" costs more RU to build, so you don't necessarily have to make it so that one end (one in enemy base) is stealthed but if you want to you can, it'll just cost you more to build.

Upgrading buildings:

Solutions for this category would probably mean a lot more server files to download which no one is really happy with but they're still solutions.

My solution to the whole darkening/transparency issue just involves you either adjust the size of the built object (not hit box) per level or adjust the shades of the colors (more viable). If you go with the colors idea you don't even have to do different shades of the same color, you could actually do two different distinct colors. The idea would be that you now have 4 distinct colors for buildings, 2 different distinct colors for each team. An example of that would be to have red team use "red and orange" and have blue team use "blue and purple". Say you're blue team, if the color of the built item is purple then that means it's not reached it's max level yet and needs some work, but if it's blue then it's already gone as far as it can.

Another solution would be to actually adjust the animation/image quality of the built item and have it change based off of level. You could also have it look more damaged or "rough looking" which I imagine would mean editing the textures a bit. Hell, you could even just have a visible number inside the animations representing it's current level and just shade the number a different color that will help it stand out better from a distance within the build's animation/form.

To be honest I think this problem isn't as big a issue as the teleporting one, I mean who wants to risk going out of your way just to find out you're running to a dead port and then take a bullet to the back of the head. It still couldn't hurt to implement a fix for this issue though, with the exception of more server files to d/l of course.

There are many different creative ways to find a solution to both issues, just takes time to find viable ones.

Good luck~ nthego:

With all the effort you put into it, is more like a dollar innit
    Season ranks: MLSG - #45 Semis, MLSG II - #38 Finals, MLSG III - #34 Finals, GU.Siege - #32 5th Place, IST - #11 CHAMPION

Quote Originally Posted by {WINGS}SonicBoom! View Post
    Hello all, Ownage directed my attention to this topic so I figured I'd put my two cents in.

Upgrading buildings:

Solutions for this category would probably mean a lot more server files to download which no one is really happy with but they're still solutions.

My solution to the whole darkening/transparency issue just involves you either adjust the size of the built object (not hit box) per level or adjust the shades of the colors (more viable).
    Good luck~ nthego: [/COLOR]
    change darkening is better (not very dark or translucent)

looking forward to the update ;D

Thread Information