User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The_awesome_guy

The_awesome_guy

Moderator: .se\/ered.][
    Server: One Night Stand
    Player: The_awesome_guy
    Infraction: Building leech and Newb building and playing behavior.
    Penalty: 2 days

Witness Testimony:
    I attempted several times today, and several more times yesterday, to no avail. The player would not respond to any of my advances or attempts. After building a large leech on top of the Face map (notified by player: Bullet) I decided to send him to the time out corner to give him some time to read the Player's Guide which I opened FOR him. The leech was destroyed by Nuclear Holocaust before I could get a screen shot, but Bullet would gladly provide additional testimony as needed.

Evidence: Player Testimony.

To ban someone for being a noobie is not good. I was a noob once, took me awhile to get the game.
    This ban is just wrong IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by x-fleece-x_{HoF} View Post
    To ban someone for being a noobie is not good. I was a noob once, took me awhile to get the game.
    Yes, I agree... but two days of leech's is just wrong too... plus no response from any of my attempts to communicate...

Should I have made it only 1 day?

Quote Originally Posted by x-fleece-x_{HoF} View Post
    I had a similar situation on the uk ictf server when i was specing , anyways people where saying kick this player for spawn-killing as watched the player you could see he was a noobie to ictf he was getting killed 9 times out of ten , so my point is i think noobies should be given a chance as Fleece says it takes awhile for noobies to get the hang of a game .

Quote Originally Posted by `JaSs^uK View Post
    I had a similar situation on the uk ictf server when i was specing , anyways people where saying kick this player for spawn-killing as watched the player you could see he was a noobie to ictf he was getting killed 9 times out of ten , so my point is i think noobies should be given a chance as Fleece says it takes awhile for noobies to get the hang of a game .
    I did. The first day, I ignored him, the 2nd day, I tried to talk to him, and the third day the same, and could not reach him... what else could I do, just kept making leech's?

Quote Originally Posted by .se\/ered.][ View Post
    I did. The first day, I ignored him, the 2nd day, I tried to talk to him, and the third day the same, and could not reach him... what else could I do, just kept making leech's?
    well i guess some people can be unreachable servered ,So as you say what else could you do nothing i guess mate .

We need a TIME OUT chair. A special spec mode that will allow the player to interact with the builder and the map, but not actually be IN the game. and it will explain the basic tactics and concepts, maybe someday even in a chosen language. It is currently under development, but it's a slow process, as I am noobster in uScript but I've got professional help but could always use more... right now it's just a concept.

anyone else got any ideas or code?

severed did you try to click on the warn button? because he has to click on i resieved it or something like that so he can play again after you warned him.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|kenneth View Post
    severed did you try to click on the warn button? because he has to click on i resieved it or something like that so he can play again after you warned him.
    Are you kidding, I shook his screen, I popped up so many "Hi, Hello, How are ya's, and I even spec'd him trying to get him to at LEAST respond.

Wait, what? the warn button in the NexGen controller? Actually, I haven't been using that. I've been using my Xconsole to send warning's... I'll adjust my tactic. Thankx.

The nexgen warn is actually much better because it is required for the person to click 'i understand' box otherwise it keeps popping up

Thread Information