User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Weapons

Here's the next weapon we need for BlackRiver and other outdoor maps...

Quote Originally Posted by '.se\/ered.
    Hell ya, dig dig dig...let's see it.
    The Holy Hand Grenade isn't that spectacular in the mod I played, but I think what the modders that created the package started is promising. The mod from which these weapons were taken was originally called "Unreal Forever (U4E)." You'll find a freezethrower a la Duke Nukem among the weapons as well as a freeze grenade. While these weapons don't quite work the way I might like from a visual or gameplay standpoint, the freezing effect upon killing an enemy is a little bit like what I'm going for.

I don't have a place to upload these packages, but they should be available on mod sites and the like. I think the latest version is 6.02.

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    The Holy Hand Grenade isn't that spectacular in the mod I played, but I think what the modders that created the package started is promising. The mod from which these weapons were taken was originally called "Unreal Forever (U4E)." You'll find a freezethrower a la Duke Nukem among the weapons as well as a freeze grenade. While these weapons don't quite work the way I might like from a visual or gameplay standpoint, the freezing effect upon killing an enemy is a little bit like what I'm going for.

I don't have a place to upload these packages, but they should be available on mod sites and the like. I think the latest version is 6.02.
    Please refer to this post for a place to upload files like that and have them available for download.

http://www.unrealkillers.com/showthr...ll=1#post37037

You can zip them and upload them here. If it's too large as a post attachment you could upload to the download section which will then go into the moderation queue.

I want one of these for Siege too....this would be sooOOoo easy...It's called ScoobyDoo

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    You place 2 sticky objects on walls (like the camera in old siege), and anything that crosses between them receives 10-60 damage, depending on both object's level.
    The laser can be nearly invisible while the wall stickys glow and get destroyed easily.
    Distance limitations, damage amounts and other things to be discussed...

Second idea: special volumes:
    - Slow Field: when you enter them everything becomes slow, including projectiles. These can be harmed if you hit the small center inside.
    Hitscan weapons could be nullified (optional) when you fire from outside to inside or the other way around, needs some research. Also, instead of nullifying the hitscan fire, it can actually harm the volume core (damage scaled to 20%).
    - Force field: we already have one, but we could use a version that allows firing from the inside of it.
    - Portable force field: small, it stickies to the owner, and can take up to 100-300 damage, owner can't fire or he will harm the force field (can be hacked to allow nukes to fire without problems).
    - Portable slow field: big, has timer (1-3 minutes) and can take 1000 hitscan damage, useful to force enemies to charge against the user (anti-sniper choice).
    - Disruptor field: can be placed to push incoming projectiles away, needs hitscan weapons to harm it.
    - Portable Fire disruptor: moves non-hitscan projectiles away from owner, requires hitscan weapons to kill him.
    - Portable projectile magnet: Works like a force field, but attracts projectiles towards the owner, can take 200-700 damage, 20% of that damage is taken by owner, useful to protect nuking/flaming teammates.
    - Booby trap: user gets killed and explodes.

Special explosives:
    - Earthquake generator: useful to shake campers.
    - Portable shaker: like the above but portable and with less radius.

Strategies will vastly vary when using this, imagine a projectile magnet divertine nukes away from the core, or a disruptor on it, or 2 dudes boobytrapping a supermine on a teleporter...
    Also, mid could spawn some portable volumes as well so they don't need to be built all the times.

Limitations: special fields have minimum distance requirements among themselves to prevent exploits, huge RU cost including upgrades, only one volume per user, can't be used with any kind of suit (shield belt allowed).

EDIT:
    Prototypes done so far:
    Water Field (summon WaterField.sgWaterField)
    AntiGravity modules (summon AntiGravity.AntiGravityPlatform) (summon AntiGravity.AntiGravityGear)
    HoverBoard (summon HoverBoard.sgHoverBoard)
    update links
    http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/f...hp?f=55&t=1814

Thread Information