User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Weapons

this is actually a really good idea.. its something like guiding a nuke but u use the orb and when someone kills it while flying it does it explode or implode ?

Killing the orb (1 health) should simply implode, maybe a little RU reward to the shooter (20?).
    On detonation, the explosion radius should be very small, on the technical aspect I wouldn't use the function HurtRadius but instead make a custom explosion code.

I think this would be a better Nuke weapon for Siege...

Quote Originally Posted by .se\/ered.][ View Post
    I think this would be a better Nuke weapon for Siege...

Just no.

Oh god, that reminds me of the aircraft madness on CTF and the helicopter on that Monsterhunt castle map.

The helicopter was plain awesome.

bad idea severed.

The invisible ninja rope.
    http://www.ut99.org/download/file.php?id=3576

As posted on UT99.org:
    The ninja rope, summon NinjaRope.NinjaRifle to insert it
    Find a proper ceiling, and start swinging around like spiderman, you can even change weapons while hanging and shoot.
    Contains informative code that makes a falling object hang like a pendulum, works clientside.
    Air control allows a player to swing and gain acceleration.

Freeze Grenade
    Category: Weapons
    Cost: 800 RU; upgrade cost 20
    Build Time: 25 seconds; while in build, easily destroyed by enemy fire or neutrons
    Description: A pickup grenade that has freezing effects. Up to three can be carried.

Fire effect: A thrown grenade that explodes on impact. Holding the fire button for longer throws the grenade farther. On exploding, releases a burst of liquid hydrogen, temporarily freezing and disabling any buildings (and halting any buildings in progress) and players within range in massive blocks of ice, for up to 30 seconds, with each upgrade adding an additional 6 seconds and expanding the blast radius. The freezing effect works on players and buildings of your own team, as well, so be careful how you use it.

Alt-fire effect: When thrown, attaches to whatever surface or player on which it lands. It then continuously releases super-cold vapor for up to ten seconds, which quickly damages any non-friendly players and buildings within its blast radius. Upgrades increase the damage and blast radius. A disadvantage is that the grenade can be destroyed once attached to a surface and will automatically disable if it kills the player to which it is attached.

Freezing details: Freezing is very similar to Stasis Field in the original Starcraft, where anyone in the area of effect is invincible as long as they are affected. The difference is that frozen players/buildings can still be attacked. Shooting or repairing frozen players or buildings removes ice more quickly, with older ice taking less damage to remove. Players can be knocked around while frozen and can suicide to escape. If an attack does more than enough damage to unfreeze the player, then any remaining damage will be transferred to that player unless they are on the same team as the attacker. Flamethrowers, instagib, and nukes will remove this effect instantly. Players wearing the Rubber Suit (or an Arctic Suit, which I suggest here for this purpose and for maps like IcePost) are immune to all of the freezing grenade's effects.

Tactics:
    - Freeze a cluster of enemy defenses
    - Freeze the enemy Supplier
    - Freeze your own core to reduce damage to it from nukes or other players
    - Freeze enemy explosives, then use firepower to destroy them before they can do damage
    - Freeze enemy invincible nukes to slow their building time
    - Freeze your own nukes to prevent neutrons from instantly killing them
    - Freeze yourself to avoid death until your teammates can come to cover you
    - Have a team member hold onto flamethrowers or insta rifles to unfreeze the base
    - Use the secondary on a teammate and have them run through a group of enemies to kill them, or have the secondary used on you to provide yourself with protection

I am aware of the massive difficulties a weapon like this would take to code in the current system, so if you could make it happen I would love you forever. <3
    Last edited by Scourge; 08-20-2012 at 03:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    The invisible ninja rope.
    http://www.ut99.org/download/file.php?id=3576

As posted on UT99.org:
    The ninja rope, summon NinjaRope.NinjaRifle to insert it
    Find a proper ceiling, and start swinging around like spiderman, you can even change weapons while hanging and shoot.
    Contains informative code that makes a falling object hang like a pendulum, works clientside.
    Air control allows a player to swing and gain acceleration.
    I thought you were gonna call this one WebSlinger? Did you extend the length to include rope'n the ceiling?

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    Freeze Grenade
    Category: Weapons
    Cost: 800 RU; upgrade cost 20
    Build Time: 25 seconds; while in build, easily destroyed by enemy fire or neutrons
    Description: A pickup grenade that has freezing effects. Up to three can be carried.
    Nice, Nice, Nice... remind's me of Freeze Tag in Quack (< not a typo) and you unfreeze team mates by shooting them.

I LOVE the Sticky option. Wonder if we can make the floor icy for a short time also.
    800 is a little pricey ( more like 500) and 25 seconds? < that's a LONG time. Grenade's typically have a very short fuse time. Originally, you had to pull a cap on the tip to set the 5 second fuse and RUN!
    (Model 24, German Grenade)

This should be an entire category of weapon or a selectable alt-fire choice (both mouse buttons changes) for the UT_EightBall).

Anti-Personnel: (FLAK/FRAG),
    Incendiary: Flashes and burns and also ignites builds.
    Flash: Blinding and Stun
    Freeze < of course

RPG (My personal Favorite): aka MINI NUKE Guided or Target Locked rocket that takes out a player and anyone (or anything) next to him.

Grenades should have been coded into the original UT. Alt-Fire on the Rocket Launcher chould have been expanded a great deal. (and still can).

--- Updated ---

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    Oh god, that reminds me of the aircraft madness on CTF and the helicopter on that Monsterhunt castle map.

The helicopter was plain awesome.
    Indeed, we could use that model for a transport vehicle. Drop the cannon's and rockets and add up to 3 player cargo bay... .so your defenseless but fast.
    Last edited by .seVered.][; 07-12-2012 at 03:15 PM.

Thread Information