User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Read my post above ^^^^ I'm pretty sure thats it.

"Boom, Headshot!" - FPS_Doug
    Siege Strategy Guide Available at: http://www.mediafire.com/?auf58ax6vhbu5ry

Quote Originally Posted by mal View Post
    so what is it then if its not the angle
    Again:
    Pawn -> TakeDamage

"singular" function TakeDamage(...

The "singular" keyword does wonders, as it only allows the function to be called once a tick. Each time you damage an enemy building, TakeDamage is called, and without "singular" it can be called several times each tick, and it happens that in some situations the function is called so many times within a tick, and so many points incremented that they reach the maximum integer value that variable can hold (this happens both in offline and online play, and this is controlled entirelly by the server), and therefore it turns out negative (let's say the maximum is 127, the next value will be -128, then -127, -126, etc, this a "2" complement [binary logic stuff regarding variable sizes and storage]).

"singular" keyword before "function TakeDamage" will guarantee that the function is called only once a tick, or limit the takedamage to "x" times a tick (like 2 or 3, this needs extra scripting, but easy to do), and let's face it, you don't need it to be called more than that even with the entire team damaging a single building (the probability of their firing and projectiles giving damage in the same exact tick is really very very very slim, even when firing multiple rockets.

Btw, I never ever looked at the siege code, but this sort of stuff happens for this very reason (many stuff has "singular function TakeDamage" and not only "function TakeDamage", otherwise they would be very easy to "kill" or hundreds of effects would be spawned instead [the warhead for instance]).
    Last edited by Feralidragon; 03-25-2011 at 06:23 AM.

I thought we already determined that negative scores were caused by players sucking at the game XD they should try to suck less.

Quote Originally Posted by Feralidragon View Post
    Again:
    Pawn -> TakeDamage

"singular" function TakeDamage(...

The "singular" keyword does wonders, as it only allows the function to be called once a tick. Each time you damage an enemy building, TakeDamage is called, and without "singular" it can be called several times each tick, and it happens that in some situations the function is called so many times within a tick, and so many points incremented that they reach the maximum integer value that variable can hold (this happens both in offline and online play, and this is controlled entirelly by the server), and therefore it turns out negative (let's say the maximum is 127, the next value will be -128, then -127, -126, etc, this a "2" complement [binary logic stuff regarding variable sizes and storage]).

"singular" keyword before "function TakeDamage" will guarantee that the function is called only once a tick, or limit the takedamage to "x" times a tick (like 2 or 3, this needs extra scripting, but easy to do), and let's face it, you don't need it to be called more than that even with the entire team damaging a single building (the probability of their firing and projectiles giving damage in the same exact tick is really very very very slim, even when firing multiple rockets.

Btw, I never ever looked at the siege code, but this sort of stuff happens for this very reason (many stuff has "singular function TakeDamage" and not only "function TakeDamage", otherwise they would be very easy to "kill" or hundreds of effects would be spawned instead [the warhead for instance]).
    oeh ok. all jiberish for me but i guess ur right.
    u seem like u know what ur talking about!.

all about take dmg!
    wrong take dmg wrong score!

I nuked in Icepost and got a negative score and I used no damage amp and I didn't even directly hit the core I hit the box in the core room and I got a negative score. xd

And in Bad Neighbors I hit the core twice and got a negative score.

IcePost:

I can't find the other one I'll post if I come across it. xd

I shot a nuke in the nuke room, and I got that score gay -.-''
    But I killed 7 nukes
    Mokozadaa XD'

trollface.png lol maybe if you guys actually learned how to play, your scores wouldn't fall through the floor. You should sucking a little less.

and, btw, why are the negative scores so bad, they take all your cookies or something???

Quote Originally Posted by lercs12 View Post
    and, btw, why are the negative scores so bad, they take all your cookies or something???
    Its bad because some peoples egos depend on being near the top of the scores list. So you can understand why this is something that needs to be fixed right away.

Thread Information