User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My UT is acting weird

So some weird shit just happen to my UT. Not sure why and how or when it happen..

I played UT this morning and it worked fine, no crashes or anything. Haven't change my settings or install anything new today.
    Now when I open my UT, it goes black... completely black. I can see my mouse arrow thing and I can move it around, if I move it up on the screen it gets little bit brighter, still black though and if I move it down, it get pitch black. If I click, my UT crash.. with no message.

I tried to open it in a safe mode, but it just freezing... any ideas?

I can't remember which F key it was that increases brightness but it sounds like your ut is running at 0 brightness.

Quote Originally Posted by $carface View Post
    I can't remember which F key it was that increases brightness but it sounds like your ut is running at 0 brightness.
    No, I tried that.
    You can press F9 or open console to type brightness.

It's not that, my brightness is fine.. it doesnt really open UT at all, it just goes pitch black and I can see my arrow thing. I can't do anything.. :/

Copy ur inis to somewhere safe and then generate a new one.. and c if it fixes

That's either a D3D or OpenGL problem. Try SW's method and if that doesn't work then change your opengl/d3d settings.http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=373
    Make sure you have FrameRateLimit=120. Too much extra frames can make your UT run super fast and cause it to crash.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|SilverWing View Post
    Copy ur inis to somewhere safe and then generate a new one.. and c if it fixes
    This is the BEST advice (or copy the entire system folder) then just rename the unrealtournament.ini to
    unrealtournament.WHATTHEHECK.ini and start UT. if no change delete the new one it created and rename the WHATTHEHECK file back to unrealtournament.ini.

I did a system restore (since i seemed to have other problems that I didn't have before) which fixed my problem. If it happens again, I will do what deepack and sw told me. Thanks anyway guys!!

Quote Originally Posted by x-fleece-x_{HoF} View Post
    I did a system restore (since i seemed to have other problems that I didn't have before) which fixed my problem. If it happens again, I will do what deepack and sw told me. Thanks anyway guys!!
    Since I edit my system files for UT like everyday...I make backup's often... but it wouldn't hurt for you to make a backup of your UT or the UT system folder too. or at least your INI files.

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepack View Post
    That's either a D3D or OpenGL problem. Try SW's method and if that doesn't work then change your opengl/d3d settings.http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=373
    Make sure you have FrameRateLimit=120. Too much extra frames can make your UT run super fast and cause it to crash.
    you're an idiot too much frames does not make your ut crash it just acuses the images to tear, and makes ut unplayable

its the cpu for each pc that makes a ut run faster or slower then normal depending on the cores and the core TYPE

might wanna go back to school someone needs edumacating

Why u still on my dick u ignorant little midget. Hurry up and get dis scrim going. Knowing that u r so knowledged about Ut it should be a peice of cake for u.
    Last edited by Deepack; 07-07-2012 at 04:11 PM.

Thread Information