Offering Assistance to Admin

User Tag List

Offering Assistance to Admin

Hi,

My name is Shin\. and I play on ComboGib pretty frequently. I suspect it is no surprise to anyone that there are a lot of individuals who just camp or DM in ComboGib (I'll be honest, sometimes I do it as well). The reason why I am posting is I am fairly active on the server and am willing to offer my assistance with monitoring the server to prevent cheating, camping and excessive DMing. While I am still new to the forums, I am willing to prove myself and provide any assistance as I want to see the server thrive and not just become another DM server. Please let me know your thoughts or if you have any questions/concerns for me.

Thank you,
    Shin

Camp and deathmatch are just words for defending or holding a position.. hardly something that should be banned. Truly "abusive" camping ie. standing at a portal and ball spamming the entire game isn't really something that happens due to how most of the maps designed....but...

I do wish there were more people keeping a lookout for actual cheaters (specifically the ones that try to hide it)

The distinction between camp/deathmatch and defense is significant. Playing defense is good in my opinion and makes matches more well rounded but when people use the grappling hook and just hide up on the ceiling it just becomes lame. I do not believe it merits a ban unless excessively done and even then the ban should only be for a few matches. Also, on maps like Woot, some people just camp up top and spawn kill the entire map instead of even attempting to play CTF. I believe if there was even an partially active admin on the server, people would play more CTF instead of spawnkilling and DMing. I also think it would help reduce the number of cheaters on the server as well. It is just my 2 cents.

uK, never give random guys like this admin abilities. You'll see 100s of combo gibbers getting banned especially the top aimers who only defend. I haven't seen a single person using a cheat in that comboinsta server and I play there like almost everyday so I say leave it as it is and don't add more admins to mess up the server it's perfect the way it is right now. I got to admit who ever is admining the combo server is doing a great job since there are many top aimers that have been accused and reported daily in the server but the admins don't ban them because they understand what skill really is. One reason why I'm also not banned and I'd like to thank the admin for that and hope they keep this great job up. Shin, the majority of players that play comboinsta all spawnkill, camp, DM, etc. The ones with less aim are more of the offensive players like monkey, fugit, denny, etc. If your a admin your basically going to have to ban 80% of the comboinsta population in order to stop the camping/Dming which is ridiculous.
    Last edited by Deepack; 07-10-2012 at 11:16 PM.

Admins, I think It'll be better if you had two servers one for just comboinstagib maps and the other for NW maps. The comboinsta is fine itself but the NW maps don't go with zeroping at all. It'll be better if the NW maps didn't have zp or if there was a zp/nozp on the mapvote. This would actually increase the skill level it takes to aim instead of just spamming with the weps.

im pretty sure uk has many admins around in the combo server... just under alias.

Quote Originally Posted by Deepack View Post
    Shin, the majority of players that play comboinsta all spawnkill, camp, DM, etc. The ones with less aim are more of the offensive players like monkey, fugit, denny, etc. If your a admin your basically going to have to ban 80% of the comboinsta population in order to stop the camping/Dming which is ridiculous.
    simply not true. I have seen a lot of people grab more than frag more. The people that know how to frag mor grab the flag. The people that are new to the game tend to just dm by using combo ball at each corner or using the grapple to camp up high or also just sk. Which really pisses me off because if they win they will say "too easy," and/or "nice grabs." But when they lose they will leave or accuse someone in the enemy's team of hacking. Also i got a question, sam can't you code the grapple so people do not stay in one spot in a long time? Like in duku people will tend to just use the grapple and stay above the enemy's high enttance and just backshoot people.
    "What's Yours Is Mine" Garret Thief (2013)
    Roberto Gómez Bolaños "Chespirito" fue si querer queriendo. You'll be missed.

I suppose it is possible to add a timer to the grapple hang....

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    why would anyone take your advice considering your a useless frag monkey who doesnt know the concept of ctf deepack?

Thread Information