User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Dreams, someone has to know how to stop them :(

I've been having bad nightmares and flashbacks for 3 4 weeks now. They seem to be getting worse because Im up to two a night now. I screamed the hardest I've ever did in my dreams and i felt my throat was swore. I wake up crying and I just don't want to go to sleep. What can I do? Im going to try and sleep on the floor today, I seriously hopes this works. I tried goggling it but it just said it was a" gift" and" you should try and understand them". Im not going that route. Any ideas please help. Thanks.
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Winston Churchill

Did you drink lots of fluids or have a heavy meal before bed?

How about a doctor....

Quote Originally Posted by MiniWick View Post
    How about a doctor....
    The medicine they would give me would fuck me up for life. Older people go crazy. I've got no intention of saying anythi ng to anybody except the person I love, friends, and you guys. And my friends just say" that sucks or laugh and say cool??? No help and I ate at 6. I had fried potatoes, and fake chicken.

I started having dreams in october, but they wouldn't be everyday and they weren't as depressing. I can think of only my eating habits and I don't eat enough. Or just the stress on me.
    Last edited by Sakura; 03-01-2011 at 07:32 PM.
    Winston Churchill

It could be my depression. My pill doesn't work like it used to. Getting depressed earlier, like I just need to take another. I'm not interested in things anymore. When I get home I stay in my room and sleep and text. Not motivated to do my homework and im tired most of the day. I feel cold when I have a sweatshirt and running tights and shorts on. Yea im alot more tired. And all this stress. I can't take this much. Then when I have these nightmares I feel physically mentally tired right after. It sets me off with a bad start. Maybe its the vitamin water. I took vitamins for two days and I cried when I got home. Mom said no pill with vitamins for you. Could be.
    Winston Churchill

It sounds more of a self-mind game than a physical aspect. I think you may be letting your emotions overwhelm your life. Sleep and stress play a big role in everyones daily lives. I would suggest taking part in a hobby/interest apart from being inside the house to take your mind off of things; Especially the stress. Like say basketball(idk what example to use sry), it'll warm you up instead of being "cold/depressed".

IMO, i don't think its the vitamin water cause i use to drink huge sessions of Monster energy drinks every other day. One time i couldn't sleep at all, but no nightmares.

My advice would be stay away from fluids before bed. (i.e water)
    Last time i did, i dreamt a mob of asian gansters raped and smashed my brand new car T_T and most recently i was smoking a joint(which i don't) and blowing smoke circles LOL.

Don't know what to tell you, except deal with as best you can. If you start getting night terrors and/or wake up still in paralysis (this SUCKS, I've had this and terrors happen all too many times), then you need to take some serious measures to get your sleep schedule corrected. One way to make sure your falling asleep on time is to force yourself to stay awake until it's your bed time (or if you've gone like 20 or so hours, 3 hours before your bed time) and make sure your properly exhausted before trying to crash and avoiding caffeine or other stimulants for at least six hours before your bed time. Be careful when using that approach however, as it can very easily lead to night terrors and sleep paralysis. In the event you wake up in a sleep paralysis, do not panic and try to start out with gaining control of your fingertips. Also, keep a close watch on ANY medication a doctor gives you, especially anything that's supposed to alter you psychologically, I've actually had anti-depressants backfire on me before and do the opposite of what they should have.
    Last edited by Lee_Stricklin; 03-02-2011 at 02:29 AM.

Damn I had two dreams still. One was about my mom registered on here as her name. She found what I wrote and then we were in school and she fucking followed me to Spanish. And I had the other one. I do track and get home at 5. And at six I start sleeping and laying around. I tried to do my Spanish but my interest was. -5 . I can't even go downstairs and play ut, im not interested in anything at all. Ill have to not go in my room today... And lee ill stay up late... shit. I have a track meet. Well Saturday once I get home ill stay up late. 4 get up at 7. I don't even stay up till ten anymore. I want to go to bed at eight but parents would notice so I have to force myself to nine.
    Winston Churchill

The best cure for this problem is inside ur head, dont depend on medicines that alter ur brain, just be relaxed and get out of home more often, everything can be done with determination.
    "Tactical Suicide!"

mmmm sometimes nightmares hapen when you are trying to tell something to yourself, or when u avoid to face a situation, usually they mean something, but if u dont want to try and understand them, u can try other things.
    u can try to sleep with music u like.
    learn to take part on your own dreams, like controling them
    I had that problem and personally I didnt want any medicine,

And, in a reserch I found that if u snore, u cant dream, I cant test this cuz I dont snore

Thread Information