User Tag List

Is grapple spam intended or an exploit?

The grapple has no global cooldown and can be spammed in between shock primarys and shock balls, and is just as effective as a primary shock. The only difference between it and a primary shock is that it has a travel time, but that is irrelevant when you're up close.

Fix it or make it bannable IMO.

Grapple spam is of no concern or problem. Most of the kills you get by using a grapple hook are random or when you bump into an opponent. If some one is trying to kill you by only using the grappling hook you'd have a huge upper hand over them. Although, it's still possible to get lots of frags with just a grapple hook, then you'd still have to have some skill to use it effectively.

And if someone has that level of skill and wants to take the piss killing you by using a grapple....then that's not something that needs addressed really...

I'm not coming here to cry just because I got killed by a grapple. It happens all the time and doesn't bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by $carface View Post
    And if someone has that level of skill and wants to take the piss killing you by using a grapple....then that's not something that needs addressed really...
    I don't think you don't understand what I'm talking about. You can fire the grapple while the shock rifle is out, and because there's no limit on how much you can use the grapple, you can fire the grapple several times in between shock attacks. There's no skill in doing this whatsoever, it's a cheap, annoying and desperate tactic. Spec I-LOST on a map like andaction and you'll see what I mean - ball spam and grapple spam at the same time.

Ah well that can't be helped I'm afraid.....there's no way to ensure while alt fire that grapple primary isn't being fired

Thread Information