DMing - Page 2

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DMing

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|Rays View Post
    I thought we were talking about DMing in pugs, as far as public goes who cares, people go full retard in pub all the time.
    Thing is Rays, there are severel old school players doing it. Just LAME.

okay, but officially there some rule about DM?

DM on mid = camping?
    chase = DM ??

It's difficult on DM. If someone DM the whole map then no it's not allowed constitutes as camping as they are always occupying that space. If they DM for some time to gain an advantage or edge or as a tactical move then that's ok. As I said this is a really difficult one hence why you won't see many complaints or bans about it. It's just too difficult to ascertain what the player is really doing or their intention, due to the nature of siege...

I get frustrated with this too and think it's got worse as Siege has changed. I remember when I first started playing One Night Stand in 2008 it seemed like winning was matter of attacking the other teams base as a group and getting ru off their buildings; It is harder to get ru now though as people build a lot smarter.

Now a lot of players like to defend an area only moving side to side really fast, when I get close enough shock combos work but it's still a waste of time fighting over something as stupid as a hill off to the side.

Matches would be a lot more fast paced again if people would focus on the things that give the most ru - buildings - and only defend when someones entering their base, not move around a general area waiting for somone to defend thats camping in my book.
    Quote Originally Posted by .se\/ered.][ View Post
    OMG.. Never let anyone tell you to drop your firewall! Might as well drop you Pants and bend over!

Well there's an easy solution to that...nerf the RU reward for killing players.

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    thats stupid

Quote Originally Posted by $carface View Post
    Well there's an easy solution to that...nerf the RU reward for killing players.
    it's not a good solution... in some maps is really hard attack any build, and defenders only get ru killing... i think the only way is warning/punishing players who DM exaggeratedly, but for me the only way for prove that some player is DMing is with Demos

Well you can't punish someone who had high frags, it'd make team balancer go ape shit thinking "that person is weak" when he is actually strong....If someone has 200 frags and everyone else between 70-120 that person could have nuked twice or whatever making their frags high.

It's not a "punishment". Nerf is different. To nerf something means to change the goal or reward in order to encourage competitive play

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    what happens when a person and team is pinned to their base and all he can do all game is kill anyone coming towards his base/core? yeah he might make nukes but what if he never gets the opportunity to nuke sucessfully and just drops them all to the enemy team

I'm gonna put my opinion in this and say, DMing is when a player hides at their own base and camps. When the player is at mid, that is not DMing. Mid is like the battlefield how can that be DMing? Sure you can kill 4 or 5 guys taking some damage but I guarantee that you can't escape back to your base without dying. If you are calling a mid camper a person who DM's then your totally wrong. It's 50/50 at mid on whether who dies or not and if that person keeps getting you all the time at mid then you know he's better than you so don't complain. I'm not one to talk but the only time I really actually stay at my base is when I have insta in my hand I stay at my base not camping really but waiting for nukers to come in. If you call that camping let me know and I will stop doing it.

Thread Information