AdvancedTeamBalancer - Page 2

User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Wouldn't a test phase be better or are you that confident

I started developing this back in 2011.
    It worked fine back then, then rewrote it into a more Object oriented code type, then added the limbo, elimination and plugin system.

The balancing methods have enough testing on them, it's the limbo and plugin system that worries me, but those worked fine in both Siege and all other gametypes.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

I'm sure this issue has already been compensated for. But, the ATB is bouncing people To and FRO... I was also uprooted from my originating team and graced with a mid-game transition to the opposing side. However, I found it not so painful, as I didn't lose any standing, weapons, or health in the passing. Quite a tollerable event, providing it doesn't happen to the same player often or in the same match.

Also, while in 'Limbo' (and while playing too) I felt like I wasn't firmly "ROOTED" with my horizontal velocity. It seemed as though it was, well...slippin'. not skipping, not jumping... just ..variable and changing... and not evenly between the players either. OR it just be me. Not really sure about that...

But I am sure about the spectators and 'Limbo' TeamSay messages being changed. They should only be allowed to Team-talk amonst themselves. So all team messages are only broadcast to each other.. Technically, PM's from Spec's and 'Limbs' are supposed to be muted and disabled. but for some reason, they are not.

Just as with real War, change is rough, New Equipment (or code) is bound to be alittle buggy, but the battle dredges on until Victory.

You haven't posted your 'Declaration of War' yet? (the RC14 Comments & Suggestions Thread)?

Put all my clients on blue team, not a single team bouncing issue.

This build of the mutator modifies the server settings to:
    Allow free team switching on UT's default settings.
    Removes AutoTeamBalancer if detected.
    Disables Nexgen team balancer and Nexgen team locking capabilities.

Also, reverted Kill recovery so EFF doesn't fuck up.

UPDATED FIRST POST
    Last edited by Higor; 09-19-2012 at 12:32 AM.

Also, each as client was added time was allotted to check the registers and compare the buffers, so that no intrisic spikes were occurring during their transitional ascent into the active player state from the "LIMBO" state. and why my HUD looked so nice for this test, I have NO IDEA, but I must have found that missing letter in my GPU config.

UPDATED FIRST POST

Ace profile tells the balancer not to save profiles with preset strengths for obvious reasons.
    Newcomer policy for mid game balancing when Global Balance is OFF is less prone to stack teams.
    Started work on a client status plugin.
    !p and !play commands are being intercepted for limbo'd players, so they don't rejoin.

EDIT:
    BTW SAM, the game starts before the balancer does the initial balance and ACE checkup, set it to start on 25 seconds at least.
    Last edited by Higor; 09-20-2012 at 08:48 PM.

Hey higor. I have set it to 25 seconds but the initial start seems to happen anyway. We lost some posts yesterday but I posted about how teams are being stacked. I'll post again when I'm home.

Quote Originally Posted by $carface View Post
    We lost some posts yesterday
    really? i can beleave haisuehui
    i posted i biiiig explanation about a large defect in the balancer...
    something about the PlayerSKill + MatchPoints
    like: Blaze (120+30), or Red Team (500+200)

the balancer increses or decreases the players/team points during match and need stack the losing team for balance the points... because this we saw games 6x16... or 1 good player vs 5 good ones

the players are the same, but because the winning team get more points on F1, the balancer acts as if those players improve their skill to a sudden... many time this F1 points are luck! or it's on beggining of game, because is easy attack the core... many Revange kill (4 extras points, i think it would be better to remove Revange mutator), or other factor

dont matter is red or blue team is winning or losing, the balancer must balance the teams, not stack the weaker for they turn the game
    Last edited by HIGH[+]AdRiaN; 09-21-2012 at 08:47 AM.

That happens because we're testing the Global Balance OFF mode, which forbids any kind of team change.

The mode that works OK is with Global Balance ON, but bear in mind, don't get MAD if you get teamswitched in the middle of the match.
    With Global Balance ON mode, the MinBalanceTimer should at least be 300 seconds to prevent !t abuse.

EDIT: Perhaps I could make it so that the balancer delays game start for non-tournament games, regardless of the game settings.
    Last edited by Higor; 09-21-2012 at 01:26 PM.

The balancer should handle game starts.

Thread Information