User Tag List

Server 'disconnects' while in Spectate mode

On occations, recently, If I am a spectator and I switch out to another application the server just kind of ...stops. doesn't give me an error. People are still in their last known location, but everything just stops. My UT is fully operational and 'usually' doesn't crash. Today though it did so I dusted off my debug hat and grabbed my PickAxe and Shove then began to dig. Here is an brief list of what I found in the boxers.

Code:
    Log: Possessed PlayerPawn: bbCHSpectator CTF-(EoW)Kanjar.bbCHSpectator0
    ScriptLog: SGX: This NOT Siege Message Class (x23)
    ScriptWarning: sgTeleporter CTF-(EoW)Kanjar.sgTeleporter0 (Function SiegeUltimateRC14.sgTeleporter.TeleporterGraphics:0013) Accessed None (x57)
    More of these ScriptLog: SGX: This NOT Siege Message Class here and there in small groups.
    ScriptWarning: sgTeleporter CTF-(EoW)Kanjar.sgTeleporter1 (Function SiegeUltimateRC14.sgTeleporter.TeleporterGraphics:0013) Accessed None (x25)
    Warning: Failed to load 'Texture CountryFlags2.sv': Failed to find object 'Texture CountryFlags2.sv' (x5)
    ScriptWarning: sgTeleporter CTF-(EoW)Kanjar.sgTeleporter2 (Function SiegeUltimateRC14.sgTeleporter.TeleporterGraphics:0013) Accessed None
    Then there were these...
    Code:
    Critical: UObject::ProcessEvent
    Critical: (XConsole Transient.XConsole0, Function UTMenu.UTConsole.UWindow.KeyEvent)
    Critical: UEngine::InputEvent
    Critical: UWindowsViewport::CauseInputEvent
    Critical: WM_KEYDOWN
    Critical: UWindowsViewport::ViewportWndProc
    Critical: WWindow::StaticProc
    Critical: DispatchMessage
    Critical: 00AA0198 256
    Critical: MessagePump
    Critical: MainLoop
    Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
    Exit: Executing UWindowsClient::ShutdownAfterError
    Exit: UGalaxyAudioSubsystem::ShutdownAfterError
    Log: DirectDraw End Mode
    Exit: UD3D9RenderDevice::ShutdownAfterError
    Exit: Exiting.
    Uninitialized: Name subsystem shut down
    Uninitialized: Log file closed, 09/18/12 12:41:23
    These are probably rendering errors'? or my D3D? Here is the screen(s) shot from the crash.

Last edited by .seVered.][; 09-18-2012 at 04:28 PM.

i had the same sam said its because your laming !p !s and what crappier was the balance what he did....

Guys, I mentioned to higor he should make clear what is happening to the player rather than rely on a message in chat box that no one pays attention to...

The spec issues im not really sure about

Quote Originally Posted by $carface View Post
    Guys, I mentioned to higor he should make clear what is happening to the player rather than rely on a message in chat box that no one pays attention to...

The spec issues im not really sure about
    Oh, I don't think this is update realated, the error's are specific: Critical: DispatchMessage
    Critical: 00AA0198 256

Yes, I'm sure some of the players were taken quite by suprise when they were suddendly unable to breach the same walls they have had for so long. It's a little uncomfortable at first. Some things... might even STING...

Change is good... just a better way to die is all I want from a game.

Understood but change should also be clearly explained. I suggested a countdown and a message "You are being punished for possible spec laming and can enter in xxx seconds" with a real time countdown and then once ready it should say "you can now entery say !p or !enter" much more end user friendly...

When I join the server it usually takes a while for the anti cheat to load for me and everthings really slow until it goes away. When it happens while I'm a spectator though it's constantly laggy and usually freezes, Ut dosn't crash, and I have to rejoin as spec until its not doing that.

Is the anti cheat running on spectators? If so does it have to?
    Quote Originally Posted by .se\/ered.][ View Post
    OMG.. Never let anyone tell you to drop your firewall! Might as well drop you Pants and bend over!

Quote Originally Posted by Neff View Post
    When I join the server it usually takes a while for the anti cheat to load for me and everthings really slow until it goes away. When it happens while I'm a spectator though it's constantly laggy and usually freezes, Ut dosn't crash, and I have to rejoin as spec until its not doing that.

Is the anti cheat running on spectators? If so does it have to?
    I notice when I join, I don't really spawn right away.. ace loads and i get connection fail at times or i have to kill myself a few times to actually be able to play.

No the anti cheat does not scan spec...

Quote Originally Posted by $carface View Post
    No the anti cheat does not scan spec...
    Technically, spec'n is an of itself 'CHEATING', only if your allowed to carry on private conversations with any player currently IN the match, or Enter and leave the match at any time with no penalty or delay. Personally.. I don't like spectators or spec mode. (ironic since I actually do it so often).

Straight into battle! No Remorse, just Kill or be Killed! and my motto is Kill 'em All that are trying to kill you. Ironic that the communication system for Spectators is actually better than it is for each team.

Too bad there isn't any CLASS of Player that a player could decide to "take" with Built in "Roles" that a player can "Pick" These Profiles would equip that player with the different aspects of that role. Just a simple set would do fine, Offense (Forward Assult Team), Defense (Fortify and Defent Team), and Strike Gophers, (Gopher Attack or Gopher Defend wherever they are needed). Pick your 'role' and the Profile for that role is 'worn' by that player.

Quote Originally Posted by fleecey|uK| View Post
    I notice when I join, I don't really spawn right away.. ace loads and i get connection fail at times or i have to kill myself a few times to actually be able to play.
    I reinstalled UT and it no longer does that when I enter the server, it's only a little laggy now until the anti cheats done checking.
    Quote Originally Posted by .se\/ered.][ View Post
    OMG.. Never let anyone tell you to drop your firewall! Might as well drop you Pants and bend over!

Thread Information