Banned cause of solid aim?

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Banned cause of solid aim?

Hello,

A friend of mine is banned on UK servers with my IP (82.169.162.112).

They said he was using an aimbot? And this is based on what? Please proof it. I am sitting next to him and watching the ownage. He does not dodge, has a solid aim. And also, I want to know which admin banned him (I want to know why he thinks it's an aimbot) .

Name was: thriller

Thank you guys,

Regards.

Hi power,

It was myself who banned Thriller, and it was me who first noticed his aim/ dodge was weird as hell. And after I noticed it, so did 75% of the other players in game.. I did wonder why a member of F34R popped up on his ip and now you've confirmed it. However, despite the fact of the possible aimbot. He still wasn't adhering to the rules of the UK Insta server, on several maps I'd noticed he'd made no attempt at grabbing the flag. In my books this is a big nono, we're here to play CTF.. Not run around just shooting the players. Not only that, when he was running about, Thriller had no idea where he was going. So I went with standard gut feeling of: noob + precise aim = bot.

If there's a clear explanation, preferably from the accused. I'd like to hear it, and the ban can be reduced to something much fairer.

Kind Regards

Are you serious Aussie? 75% of the people? I doubt it. If someone says: "Hey, he hits me like Loque. He is using an aimbot!" Are you seriously going to fall for that? What did I conform? He is lanning here, sitting on my network.

And you're saying: "despite the fact of the possible aimbot". You are NOT EVEN SURE?!!? How can you ban people if you are not sure? Get the facts first, never think.

He is a total noob. Precise aim? He doesn't even pass 65% eff Aussie. If he does not play by the rules, just warn him / kick him for a few games. Don't just ban people of aimbotting, you have no evidence. You are clearly abusing your powers. In my opinion, they should demote you ASAP. You have clearly no idea how to be an admin.

There's no need to make this a personal attack against myself.. I've never abused the powers I've been given.
    I am a VERY fair moderator on the Insta servers, I'm not an admin. So I can set those facts for you. However, when the majority of the players are complaining, I need to act. We're here to make the game fairer, and I did so.

Sure he didn't pass the 65% effi mark.. But does he even have to?
    Why can't he himself please visit the forums, and make an appeal?
    I did mention in my previous post, I'd like to hear what he has to say. And as I said I can reduce or even remove it...

Regards

Aussie is not abusing his powers at all. He is in his right to make a judgement to safe guard other players from playing against cheaters, and rightly so. Software can easily be bypassed, it is not a requirement to have a software write up to confirm a cheat. We are very lenient but when it comes to botters there's a hard line here. Even if it is suspected, there's not many of those judgements flying about here.

No personal attacks mate. Not my intention but what I have seen today from you......... I just can't believe you ban peope only cause you think they have an aimbot.

Second you say: "when the majority of the players are complaining, I need to act. We're here to make the game fairer, and I did so". So, you can easily be influenced! That is a bad thing mate... if someone joins with a solid aim (noob or not) and owns the whole team... are you going to ban him for botting cause majority of the people whine?

The thing that bothers me is: you did not even warn him, you just acted blindly. And the thing that bothers me even more is: you just don't want to admit that you were WRONG in your actions.

Himself?

1. I had already an account here.

2. What must he say? He has nothing to say, I have already said enough.

--- Updated ---

Quote Originally Posted by $carface View Post
    Aussie is not abusing his powers at all. He is in his right to make a judgement to safe guard other players from playing against cheaters, and rightly so. Software can easily be bypassed, it is not a requirement to have a software write up to confirm a cheat. We are very lenient but when it comes to botters there's a hard line here. Even if it is suspected, there's not many of those judgements flying about here.
    Are you kidding me? Cheaters? There is no proof at all. He even confirmed he was NOT SURE. Sure let's ban the people with aim and say: "Hey, software can easily be bypassed! It's easy.". Like I said, you want proof I can send the whole UT folder to you or shall I let him join the US server and let you decide?

I haven't seen an imbot since Tammy.

--- Updated ---

A tip for you guys:

Make a subfolder named: Hall of Shame. Name all the banned players with proof (screenshots), just like Tammy forums. Be a professional.

Sorry, with the number of cheaters we have. I really don't have time to sit here publishing screenshots and logs. They are available on request.

Quote Originally Posted by $carface View Post
    Sorry, with the number of cheaters we have. I really don't have time to sit here publishing screenshots and logs. They are available on request.
    Sure, I am requesting the screenshot (the solid proof) of thriller aimbotting.

Power, as I mentioned above, we are in our right to make a judgement call and Aussie has done so.

No one is paying to play so, let's have less of the demand and amicable discussion instead. As Aussie stipulated, regardless of whether he was cheating, the player was not playing by the rules.

Alright, thanks for the err.. Constructive reply. But your wrong, I'm quite the opposite..
    I am NOT easily influenced. I am very capable of making my own mind up. But thanks for the motherly advice though. Even when I'm getting owned during a match, I might have a bitch and moan about it. However I know I'm not getting cheated on. So I won't take any action.

Why would I warn a suspected botter? That's just daft. (I did openly mention it in chat though) And I certainly did not act blindly! The last thing I want to do, believe me, is banning someone. If I'm wrong I'll happily apologise, I've seen my fair share of botters and can tell the differences. I've removed his ban from being permanent. However, he'll still serve out a fair share of it.

PS. The |uK| servers ban dozens of botters on a daily basis.

Thread Information