User Tag List

Thread: Torrent Ban?

Torrent Ban?

I'm sure if your a torrent user you know about Demonoid getting shut down by the U.S. does any one know of any other top torrent sites that are screened like demonoid was by there admins/mods

There are private torrent sites...many of them. Invite only though...

Quote Originally Posted by $carface View Post
    There are private torrent sites...many of them. Invite only though...
    I'm still gonna nag you to get in.

Demonoid wasn't shutdown by the US. They were DDOS'd and exploited by some hacks at the same time. Apparently this caused too many problems to be solved in a short time. Therefore, they shutdown the server temporarily to get it all fixed. However, the last time this happened is was more than a few months before the site was back up. So, I guess we'll see how it goes.

As Scarface said there are numerous private trackers, and the only way to get invites is to know someone who's already a member, or you can Google a torrent invite forum. You can usually request them on those, or people basically hand them out like candy. The issue with that is, they sometimes require proof that you can keep a good ratio. So, you'd need screenshots or something to prove that, and without already being a private tracker member, that's hard to have.

Never understood why people ignore all the other methods, and use only 1 problematic network.
    If you want fast and secure, then use newsgroups and a news-reader that supports "PAR" files.
    If you want secure and convenient, then use www.filestube.com and www.mipony.net
    If you want to cast a wider net over more files that go back more years, and do not require trackers, seeders or torrent stubs, then use any (or all) of the other p2p networks (including torrents). visit http://shareaza.sourceforge.net
    NW III
    "Your Unreal" lives-on https://yourunreal.wordpress.com
    333networks Keeping the GameSpy network alive with a "faster-master"

I like torrents because I, for one, am a member of private trackers. So, the files are secure and fast.
    The other reason is because atm, I have the world's crappiest internet. Sometimes when downloading a large file via the browser, pausing messes up the download, or if I need to restart my computer, I'm basically screwed, etc.
    A 1gb file usually takes around 4 hours for me to get.
    Torrents don't have to be any issue at all as long as you know what you're doing.

Thread Information