User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Kicked on COMBO 9/29

Hello Admins,

I was kicked from the combo server.

Reason: DMing and thinking he's fun

Player Awolnation joined and nearly immediately began repeatedly and rudely asking, "can you guys fucking play CTF?" as shown in the log below.

They continued, "or do i have to get an admin here"

Thinking that this person was not an admin (as they were pretending not to be one) and myself playing CTF, I replied "lol." There are often many jokers on the server who get upset because their team is not as skillful as they are. It is true I did not have many flag grabs so far in the match because I was unable to get to the otherside of the map without being killed.

Since I was actually moving around the map trying to cover teammates who were grabbing the flag, I jokingly responded "teach us how to play CTF " This was not the first time I have heard players being upset that their team is not as capable as they are. The rage swearing and accuastions come off childish and disrespectful.

Awolnation replied: "k"

Within a few seconds I was banned for "DMing and thinking [I'm] fun[ny]."

Is this how the Combo admins treat their guests?

Of course I'm going to respond in such a way when a player is making such rude remarks to myself and everyone else on the server. What do you expect?

It seems Awolnation was trying to set players up for not playing the game in the way that they want it to be played. Even if Awolnation is not an admin, the admin responsible for kicking me should have at least better understood what was going on and acknowledged themselves present. Everyone has different skill levels. Not everyone can make it to the other side of the map and back with the flag if their teammates are not there covering them. I shouldn't have to conform to one person's ideology of how CTF should only be played.

(Coindentally, a player who shall remain nameless with over 200 frags in the previous map was not on such a high kill to death ratio once Awolnation showed up, but that's another story.)

Last edited by Puma; 09-29-2012 at 08:32 PM.

DMing is one thing, that you shouldn't do,
    second of all,banned for being funny is kind of lame..
    and third of, 3 matches? be happy it wasn't more for the first thing i mention..

I'm not sure I completely understand.

I was not DMing. I was covering my teammates who were grabbing the flag. I was not sitting, camping, or ignoring that we were playing CTF at all.

I had no idea I was apparently talking to an admin. They did not make themselves known to those on the server. Due to the swearing at those in the server, I did not expect Awolnation to be an admin.

And yes, 3 matches is not a big deal at all. What is a big deal was the manner in which I was treated (with deceit, disrespect, and provoked). This is not the first time I have seen this happen on combo which is why I am posting this.
    Last edited by Puma; 09-29-2012 at 09:10 PM.

Why should admins have to make themselves known?
    The whole point of being an admin hidden in the server is to catch people like you DM'ing.
    Now that you enjoyed your little rant, go back to playing, as your ban is probably over.

Quote Originally Posted by kron View Post
    Why should admins have to make themselves known?
    The whole point of being an admin hidden in the server is to catch people like you DM'ing.
    Now that you enjoyed your little rant, go back to playing, as your ban is probably over.

I can't help but notice the condescending tone in your last sentence. Really?

Maybe you missed the part where I said I was playing CTF and not just racking up frags? :hopelessness: Most of the time I have one of the highest number of flag grabs of either team.

Admins don't have to reveal themselves, but they shouldn't provoke everyone on the server with such deceit and utter disrespect just so they can (ab)use their powers. The kick/ban is over, yes, but this has happened before and I want to make it known publicly to the other admins and players who enjoy playing CTF.
    Last edited by Puma; 09-29-2012 at 11:50 PM.

Thanks we will take it into consideration when we are on our usual troll sessions.

Am I understanding this right. You are bothered by his tone i.e. "fucking play CTF?"?
    We are not at Queen's tea party here with blaze and his six dwarf friends.
    I can't imagine through what bitter agony you go through on a daily basis if you are bothered by a little "fuck".

As for the reason of the ban. It's rather impossible to judge without a demo but the Combo server truly is a hotbed for dmers and lamers of all kind.
    Fortunately it was only for 3 matches.
    Last edited by |uK|chiseller; 09-30-2012 at 02:21 AM.

I laughed when I read that, haha.

No, I was bothered by the double standard employed: provoke players by repeatedly swearing at them--kick them for standing up for themselves, albeit with sarcasm. If he was bothered by my sarcastic remark, "teach us to play CTF," then I can't imagine what he must go through on a daily basis either.

All jokes aside, thanks for the response, chiseller. I'll have to take up recording matches in anything of great magnitude occurs in the future.
    Last edited by Puma; 09-30-2012 at 01:30 AM.

Yes, it would have certainly been wrong if the sole reason of you ban was your sarcastic remark.

Quit your bitchin

Last edited by kron; 10-01-2012 at 10:08 PM.

Thread Information