User Tag List

View Poll Results: Should this be added to the server?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

29 74.36%
  • No, multigunning is the only way I can win

10 25.64%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    ChanClan
    Actually, I don't smoke any more (or any less) not since MY kids left school...and ....I already have the "editor". It's nice to hear someone get's my humor.

so uK members are noobs? Most of us have done it (mainly to kill structures fast). And if people are having trouble killing someone that multiguns, get more skillz in killing. I recommend DM servers.

Multigunning is an exploit in UT99 and is considered cheating, even by Epic. The ground combat balance goes to hell as soon as people start doing it as well.

Problem is that most of european players get easy killed by low ping multigunners. But either remove it or let it stay. Don't add any script that kills u if u try to multigun

Quote Originally Posted by terminator View Post
    Problem is that most of european players get easy killed by low ping multigunners. But either remove it or let it stay. Don't add any script that kills u if u try to multigun
    yeah, that's my chief's word!!!

haha

i only have to say that to kill a building you need more than one multigunner and that's team work, far from how people play on the public server... i you think that multigunning helps to make a map shorter, then there should be some strategy on multigunning...

the common behaviour on the server is a guy multigunning the super supplier, another one doing the same on a super prot and another one multigunning on a super cont... NO WAY the are going to kill them!!!, they are just fragging or getting RU quicker...

and... the multigun from the begging of the map... at that time there is no way to know if the map is going to be that long

Well, if I may express my opinion, this may be quite shocking for some, but here I go:
    -> Multigunning sucks. <-

As many argued, people use multigunning "mostly" to destroy buildings, but fact is: it's also used to actually "kill", and here's the lame part no one likes.

If the arguement is purelly "destroy buildings faster", then there's a solution which can make both multigunners and regular players happy:
    - Just build a new weapon for siege given by suppliers: the "Drainer". Basically, this kind of weapon would be able to kill a building 3x faster than with a regular weapon (somewhat the same amount as multigunning), however this weapon would either give "normal" damage to players or no damage at all.

Then just add whatever anti-multigunning method you want (the one Koala mentioned is one, but there are more, and I guess WildCard fixed this or something in a siege version, idk):
    -> Multigunners would be left without arguments, others would be happy there weren't multigunners anymore.

Just my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by Feralidragon View Post
    Well, if I may express my opinion, this may be quite shocking for some, but here I go:
    -> Multigunning sucks. <-

As many argued, people use multigunning "mostly" to destroy buildings, but fact is: it's also used to actually "kill", and here's the lame part no one likes.

If the arguement is purelly "destroy buildings faster", then there's a solution which can make both multigunners and regular players happy:
    - Just build a new weapon for siege given by suppliers: the "Drainer". Basically, this kind of weapon would be able to kill a building 3x faster than with a regular weapon (somewhat the same amount as multigunning), however this weapon would either give "normal" damage to players or no damage at all.

Then just add whatever anti-multigunning method you want (the one Koala mentioned is one, but there are more, and I guess WildCard fixed this or something in a siege version, idk):
    -> Multigunners would be left without arguments, others would be happy there weren't multigunners anymore.

Just my 2 cents

idk, it does sound kinda cool , if it was a special weapon and it would only kill it 2X faster only on buildings not people..would be alright !

There's already a drainer in siege, it's called the ripper

Could always lower the HP of buildings too, or make them more prone to certain weapons (flak, rockets, hard hitting explosive weapons like that) if that's doable.

Thread Information