User Tag List

Why are teams always so unbalanced?

I've been playing on the UK instagib server about a week now and I have noticed that teams are always so unbalanced. It's really frustrating to wanna play a nice game only to find one team have far superior frag power and go 10-0 up in 5 minutes, it really makes the game boring...

Why isn't there a decent system to balance teams? When I try the '!teams' command I always get a message saying that teams are 'already balanced' but no one is swapped to make it fairer. I don't think it works or it uses an algorithm that is utter nonsense.

More often than not, it's down to us players to reorganise teams or a moderator.

The cookie system does need to be averaged out much more than it already is. And should be worked out over say 5-10 matches instead of the usual singular match. ie. I could play a match for 30 seconds and lose 3-4 cookies. In turn this effects the team balance when it's worked out prior to a new map. And this happens to many players too.
    It would be nice if there was a way the cookie skill could be averaged out over a larger proportion of maps, say 10? This should balance the teams much better. Probably talking out of my arse. But worth a go?

(I used to be on a comfortable 80+ cookies, and now I struggle to keep 70) - Perhaps I'm just getting slower lol.

If i or someone else tries to help a losing team you get moved back to the winning team, seen this many times to a few players trying to help, but they get put back.

if I was running servers i'd just see who the top players are pick out trustworthy ones and give them ability to switch teams if need be...

both servers are full of noobs.. all it will take is one or two good players to figure out the balance

more often than not i'd switch and balance siege games until it was changed..now if good players come in after teams are started... usually gets completely fucked... it honestly was more fair before when were allowed to switch teams...

I think if the teambalancer would balance the teams a few minutes into the game instead of at the start, it could work a bit better. or you could play pugs instead.

Thread Information