User Tag List

Admins use Common Sense please

I'm not picking on any certain admin before I make this statement. First, I would like to say thank you, to all admins, who put up with the whining; crying, protesting, self serving, self centered players, and especially tolerate the immature approach by some players and the children who think the game is all about them.

Now that that's out of the way, I would also like to say; ADMINs, please use some common sense, and maybe witness the infraction yourself before banning folks. Many players claim infractions by others but are simply angry and want someone to pay for what they believe is justice.

I've been banned twice on this server, both times by two separate admins. Both events were actually caused by me but the admins could have handled these infractions with a little common sense rather than banning ASAP so they could get back to playing Siege.

Once, I got banned by an admin for 1000 games because I boosted a guy from the supplier, was I guilty? Absolutely. Sad part is this happens all the time on the server and seldom does anyone get banned for it, or least I never seen it. Nevertheless, Some guy keep boosting me out of supplier with rockets, I got tired of the school yard bully tactics and let a 5 round rocket volley into his rectum, thus boosting him to other side of map. Unfortunately for me, an admin happen to step into supplier at the time I let her rip. Oh well, I got banned for 1000 games and went to another server for a while. My point is, many people seem to think because they show up at the supplier, everyone has to leave ASAP so they can soak up the blessed ammo for themselves. Some, not a clue, what the rules are and stay there and players start boosting them which only makes the matter at hand worse. Admins should verbally warn the players and then kick them as a shot across the bow sort ah speak with another warning rather than what I have witnessed, which at times has been as such " hey mother fucker, stop that shit now or your fucking ass is banned!" Seriously, I have witnessed such behavior.

Secondly, I got banned once again, Yes, I'm a repeat offender. Again the admin was being a bit of a bone head or maybe cranial rectal inversion may be a better way of saying it. A player put a SC in the door to core room without the tele. I asked several times to remove and let me install tele. None replied so I removed the SC and installed the tele and immediately someone started screaming I had removed the sc and demanded I be banned. I stated to all I'm putting the SC back now and stated why I removed it and that I had installed a tele. Immediately, as the SC was building an admin banned me. Admin Never Asked why, and if he had, he would have seen the SC was being created. You would think the admin would have recognized that the guy he just banned also had put the SC back and built a tele inside, nope, he was busy having fun playing Siege and obviously was to busy to pay attention or to be bothered with such details.

I didn't come here back then asking for those bans to be lifted, rather, I took the punishment as I was technically guilty of the infractions. It sucks being an admin cause you're supposed to be watching for violations but more importantly are suppose to administer punishment fairly and just. Admins, please be sure you have witnessed the infraction and have a clear picture of what has just happened before the wrath of your judgement is laid upon members frequent your server. Thanks

When did all this happen and who banned you? Would also be good to know what your nick on the server was when all this happened.

I'm not here to start a he said, she said issue as they never accomplish anything. Rather, I just wanted to make a statement which is written above so maybe those that engage in this behavior can think about what they're doing first, as opposed to the impulsive and thoughtless ban, but thanks for the concern brother. Please just pay attention to what's going on in the game and make sure before you hand out justice that its just that.

Years ago, I ran a very popular server, in fact, I ran several to include some map mapping contest where winners won a 21 player server for free for 6 months. Anyway, my admins which were poorly chosen and poorly schooled ran the server into the ground from actions such as what was written above. I'd hate to see that happen to the Siege server we all love playing so much.

Thanks again

Still don't got your nick...

Don't have a nike. I often use a simple name for a while then will change it. Never use a name that's offensive to others, not big on nicks or clans anymore. I don't even socialize on the server, not there to make friends, just to play, and have some fun.

Quote Originally Posted by spin View Post
    Don't have a nike. I often use a simple name for a while then will change it. Never use a name that's offensive to others, not big on nicks or clans anymore. I don't even socialize on the server, not there to make friends, just to play, and have some fun.
    are ya dumb or whats your player name.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .........
    me dumb yesClick image for larger version. 

Name:	naamloos.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	8.4 KB 
ID:	1027 me got nike not the question lolol
    nick name plz
    Last edited by Noob Crossing; 01-19-2013 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noob Crossing View Post
    are ya dumb or whats your player name.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .........
    me dumb yesClick image for larger version. 

Name:	naamloos.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	8.4 KB 
ID:	1027 me got nike not the question lolol
    nick name plz

Again, I use various NICKS. Their are 6 people playing UT on this computer. most of the time I never check the name I'm using as I care less what the name is, until the match is over and I see my NICK is one of the last users on the box - So I pick a name at random and use it, generally something simple like box, dog and so on. Forum Admins see my IP at bottom of this post and can be easily compare against server log if they really need it. Just the way I am!

Where did you get that avatar... that's awesome...swear i've seen it before...Hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by .seVered.][ View Post
    Where did you get that avatar... that's awesome...swear i've seen it before...Hmmm.

Simple Machines Forum I think, can't remember. Have a large folder of these things, when I see a free one that appeals to my weird sense of humor it gets tucked away on a spare drive somewhere.

Even if you use random nicks we need the nick at time of ban to find it. I agree about the sc incident though.

Thread Information