Ban appeal - [PURE] [INSTAGIB] [UK]

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Ban appeal - [PURE] [INSTAGIB] [UK]

Hi

I was permanently banned this evening on the "[=======] [PURE] [INSTAGIB] [UK] [=======]" server (109.70.149.182) by Jass*UK.
    I was using an alias "Sym", and the sequence of events went as follows:

- The map changed to Control
    - It was a fairly even game (the other team was a little stronger), and one of those matches where the flag carriers from each team were able to get back to their own bases, and a long period of attempts to recover flags followed
    - I received a Warning message advising me to "stop Death Matching"

I was a bit confused about this, because I was playing much as I always do, focusing mainly on grabbing or covering my flag carrier, and I don't spend any time trying to get into fights with other players, it achieves nothing, it's a waste of energy. Actually, I actively avoid these confrontations because I just find it draining and without purpose.

- So in response I wrote (using Say) "Wow, seriously?"
    - And then (also using Say) "General question to everyone in the server: have I beeing DMing?"

I didn't say "I've just been warning by an admin about DMing" or "Jass just told me I'm DMing" or anything incriminating, suggestive or judgemental, I was genuinely interested in whether any of the players in the server (Jass was spectating) felt the same way.

- I was immediately banned from the server "forever"

It's one of those occasions where I desperately wish I'd been demo-reccing the game at the time, but I don't have anything like that to present my case for me. Regardless, I really can't fathom what I might have been doing to justify the action, I'd be grateful if you might review my ban and consider lifting it.

Thank you,

Shai

If you wish to have auto-recording of the demos, you could check out the demo manager here.

http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=29298

Download link here:
    www.madrixis.de/stuff/UT/Mods/DemoManager33.zip

Hey - thanks for that. I do have it installed, and it's very useful, but for whatever reason on my particular setup it crashes UT fairly consistently, normally when the game has been running for half and hour or so. A pain, it would have been really handy in this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by darkshaihulud View Post
    Hey - thanks for that. I do have it installed, and it's very useful, but for whatever reason on my particular setup it crashes UT fairly consistently, normally when the game has been running for half and hour or so. A pain, it would have been really handy in this situation.
    I would say that it depend maybe on the set up in your UT, or set up in the server. Other day I was trying out a server, and it usually crash when the mapvote come up in i4G servers (Bunny track servers) but maybe if you keep track of why it crash and try another way around to prevent it to stop crashing, you would probably find clue and fix it or tell someone about it (here or at Unreal Admin)... they also might be a discussion on forums somewhere, depending what is causing the error.

Now on a few servers that have an outdated anti-cheat or so, they will consider the Demo Manager as illegal function or so, so you would have to copy that file to another folder (out of your UT) and delete it from your UT folder. Once done playing on that server, remember to put it back!

Another way to make demo is type in demorec <name>. Just don't use the <> and have name to be whatever you want it to be, and of course you can see it later in the demo manager.
    Last edited by Chamberly; 10-20-2012 at 09:31 PM.

Seeing that name on this topic wtf.
    lol you dming, more chance of finding £50k on my door step tomorrow. I have never seen him dm ever, i bet a massive list of people would say the same thing too.
    The amount of dming players and you ban this guy, wtf is going on?

Think shai should be unbanned, personally remember him from the No Downloads server, and (maybe) the BLS people will agree with me that he is a fair player, but till then will have to see what Jass has to say about this
    Season ranks: MLSG - #45 Semis, MLSG II - #38 Finals, MLSG III - #34 Finals, GU.Siege - #32 5th Place, IST - #11 CHAMPION

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|Moskva View Post
    Think shai should be unbanned, personally remember him from the No Downloads server, and (maybe) the BLS people will agree with me that he is a fair player, but till then will have to see what Jass has to say about this
    Omg I remember the no download server!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chamberly View Post
    Omg I remember the no download server!!!
    Epic servers must add, not only the CTF, also that awesome LMS server where you lose hp constantly so you're forced to kill enemies
    Season ranks: MLSG - #45 Semis, MLSG II - #38 Finals, MLSG III - #34 Finals, GU.Siege - #32 5th Place, IST - #11 CHAMPION

Epic servers must add, not only the CTF, also that awesome LMS server where you lose hp constantly so you're forced to kill enemies
    Yes, clearly awesome!

I miss the No Download server. It seem to got populated a lot!

Think shai should be unbanned, personally remember him from the No Downloads server, and (maybe) the BLS people will agree with me that he is a fair player
    Also all <//UrS//> players will say the same thing.

Thread Information