User Tag List

Thread: Windows 8

Windows 8

Anyone tried it yet? I've heard people saying it's a bit too complicated to operate.

It is just looks.

Biggest crap for gaming.
    "Tactical Suicide!"

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|Chronox View Post
    It is just looks.

Biggest crap for gaming.
    it's a joke for gaming and such but it's convenient for tablets which will soon take over...

Win 8 is basically for tablets to have more option to do stuff, now if you put it on a desktop pc, you won't be able to do much as you can do in Win XP, Vista, and 7. But however, Win 8 can be tweaked quite a bit and I know 1 person that seem to be playing UT99 on it so far. At first he was having problem with crashing, the graphic-related. Otherwise, I might try it out on another machine but it is going to suck because of lack of hardware that make it work. Whenever I get time.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

This is a raging discussions at work and I'm posting from my phone so I'll try to keep it short.

We have 10 machines with windows 8 on it an it's an absolute heap of crap. We are still using Windows XP mostly and some Windows 7 machines. XP has to be the most compatible,functional, user friendly and lightweight OS available. When tweaked properly. Windows XP absolutely flies.

With most newer software though. They are all becoming over complicated an overly difficult. The vendors think the GUIs are simple but they aren't.

Performance wise. Windows 8 seems to be slower than 7 too. This goes hand in hand with my theory though, that every other OS from Microsoft is crap.

Win95 was crap. 98 was good. 200 was crap. ME was great. 2003 was a heap of shit. XP was amazing. Vista was abysmal. 7 was better. Now what's 8?

Also, the security on Win 8 is not much as there is on XP-7?

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

ME was shit as far as I know...

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    This is a raging discussions at work and I'm posting from my phone so I'll try to keep it short.

We have 10 machines with windows 8 on it an it's an absolute heap of crap. We are still using Windows XP mostly and some Windows 7 machines. XP has to be the most compatible,functional, user friendly and lightweight OS available. When tweaked properly. Windows XP absolutely flies.

With most newer software though. They are all becoming over complicated an overly difficult. The vendors think the GUIs are simple but they aren't.

Performance wise. Windows 8 seems to be slower than 7 too. This goes hand in hand with my theory though, that every other OS from Microsoft is crap.

Win95 was crap. 98 was good. 200 was crap. ME was great. 2003 was a heap of shit. XP was amazing. Vista was abysmal. 7 was better. Now what's 8?
    Ye i also heard it's not meant for gaming bit too complicated shit but i've been getting rumors it boots up in seconds (much faster than windows 7).

I have been on windows 7 for nearly 2 years, but i still like xp better. It would be good if a company would make a gaming OS, simple, powerful and compatible with all old and new games.

Thread Information