User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Can I get some admin help from the uk guys?

I just rented a server to help the MLUT guys learn how to play Siege. But so far I'm not doing so well. I really have no idea what to do but the server is up and running, but with a lot of problems.

Most of it is probably just admin related stuff. When I log on to the ftp site the maps keep defaulting to original CTF maps. I got some help from on of the MLUT guys but no success yet.

Little stuff that I need to learn about I guess. If someone has a few minutes to spare would you be able to help out. I can give admin access to whoever might need it.

Thanks

Seems like mapvote doesn't work. Using mapvoteLA13. Can't set a button to bring up mapvote. Clicking maps doesn't work. Some maps work and some don't. Weird stuff that shouldn't be happening.

Any help greatly appreciated

Wait for scqr or some other server admins to pop up..

I used to set up my own server to play with friends here @ my city but i didnt use a ftp server.. The only thing i ask u is to specify each problem and if its only happening to you or everyone.
    "Tactical Suicide!"

your coming was foreseeable

Thanks for reply guys. I installed the latest version of Siege.....XXL2g with zeroping and mapvote la13

Seems like mapvote wont change maps and restarts the last working map. I believe that is because many of the maps I had in cache are other versions. It's happening to everyone.

What I did so far was spec mode on your server and brought up mapvote to see which maps were specific for XXL2g. I have now loaded those maps via admin site and will try to see if I made any improvements.

I'l update with more info as I get it 8)

Also check if ur zp weapons work (enforcer shock rifle sniper rifle) i had problems with them when i had a mini siege server, check the jetpacks too lol.

Btw if u want to teach ppl about Siege, u should install Xtrene version, but before that fix ur current problems with the server, gl.
    "Tactical Suicide!"

Weapons seem to work fine.

I destroy the core and wait for mapvote to come up because it wont work with the "!v" command. Mapvote also wont let me set a button to bring up the mapvote screen so I have end the map to bring mapvote up.

When I choose a map from mapvote the game reverts to CTF. I'm getting kind of confused now. It says "Siege" over the map list but all the map names say CTF....unlike your server where the maps say SGXL2g in front of the map name.

I tried changing some of those to SGXL2g but they dont show up in mapvote. I'm sure it's something I'm missing but it's stil confusing to a noob server admin like me.

SGXL2g, SGX etc etc are all virtual prefixes we use. You don't rename the map a new prefix because one, it creates more downloads, two inflates peoples unrealtournament folder for no reason and three, more likely to cause mismatch.

Anyway, you need to make sure you have the correct gameclass on mapvote. The !v command is from a seperate mod we run. Siege server is hard to get up especially with all the mods we have had to make to make it playable like ctf, dm etc. It would be easier and more effective if you used the pug server. If we had regular pugs, I'd be willing to give out more admin permissions on the server - in game.

Give some permissions plz, i dont like that the games just dont start, to practice
    Last edited by lercs12; 03-13-2011 at 12:14 PM.

The games won't start. It's not a public server, it is a pug server and is used as such....

Thread Information