User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Future versions of Siege. A more competitive and team play based Siege. Have your say

Yes the recent changes have caused people to complain a lot. Those issues have been fixed.

I am now looking at ways to refine siege even further. People complain that Siege is noob friendly now especially with moving away from the XXL days. Those of you who played it, as myself, know that XXL versions were much more challenging and a lot more team promoting game mods.

Here is my proposal to bring it back, at least some what without directly going back to older versions.

I believe the "super items" such as super protector, super supp, super healthpod are too easily accessible. They should have a much more constructive way path.

As such, we should only allow the standard buildings from XXL to be available at the begininning of any game, ie standard supplier, standard healthpod, standard protector, mini shield. Going forwards, fortification can be enhanced by building a "refinery" this refinery, once built will allow your team access to items such as forcefield, super supplier, super health pod super protector. This will enable much more challenging and stimulating game environment.

As soon as the refinery is destroyed, your team must rebuild it in order to access the refined items. The already built refined items will stay and be usable regardless of whether your refinery is alive or not.

Please post your thoughts.

I would say the refinery should cost 1k non upgradeable, if upgradeable then levels should give certain items which is also up for discussion.
    Last edited by SAM; 11-12-2012 at 01:42 PM.

I think this sounds like a good idea myself. I do agree that it can be a little easy at times for one team to kill the other teams core, is there any way to implicate a length of time at the start of the match where you aren't allowed to attack the other teams core? The other day we had a 5 minute match

I posted a thread like this one yesterday for the MLSG admins lol. Higor has made a lot of things editable through a .ini right? We can go about tweaking from there, and I agree somewhat on the old siege being more difficult, but there are some great things about the newer versions too.

I think we should have a test team of veteran players to look over changes as they're made, not just SW and Higor.

Well this is all up for discussion. Yes the newer version of siege is great but we are losing the old classic style of real hard grinding RTS.

Brings me back to Age of Empires lol, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a more 'construct and advance' oriented Siege, either as main or a branch (alternate gametype, triggered by mapvote?).

There's 3 paths into a construction run oriented Siege:
    - Team Stages
    - Development Trees
    - Orb based game

Team stages:
    Team builds a required amount of basic builds and builds the 'refinery' or equivalent (my idea consists on a 'Global enhancer' that disperses/dissapears and unlocks the more powerful builds).
    Once that is done, it means advancing to next build stage and unlocking one greater level of builds.

Development trees:
    Each non-basic build has a basic requirement before being able to be constructed, putting the Super Supplier as example:
    L5 Supplier > SupplierXXL
    L5 Supplier XXL > Super Supplier
    L5 Motion alarm > Nuke siren

Orb based game:
    Would change gameplay centering it on Orb generators, putting ru into them and using Orbs to directly transform basic builds into more advanced versions.

Things that will turn out from this:
    Map size and complexity will determine the amount of stages/trees teams will try advancing towards before fully focusing on destroying the enemy team.
    2 extra complexity levels in both directions, starting with Mini Containers and ending with a Mega Container, super blocking fields and stuff.

Previous requirements apart from totally scrapping a whole gametype:
    The entire price list for the alternate mode would have to be reviewed.
    It would be required to make even more builds.
    The core could have more than 5 upgrade levels, not reachable via constructor but via other means.
    Damage to buildings needs to be scaled depending on damager's stage/level, so in the beginning small builds aren't easily destroyed and super builds don't take ages to leech.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

I personally liked siege before emp and neurton was introduced. Nowadays games are tied till the last second and then a neutron is built to win. Siege is still fun though.

The EMP and neutron will be part of the refinery along with invincible warhead. Basically all the powerful items.

Make siege for UT2004 or UT3!

Quote Originally Posted by !DEAD View Post
    Make siege for UT2004 or UT3!
    No

I got one very simple idea:
    After the super supplier, we have the mega supplier.
    The mega supplier would increase ammo up to an extra 50% (like minigun to 300), refill hyper leechers and temporarily charge a player to deal 20% extra damage to builds.
    This would make players focus a lot more on leeching rather than DM'ing.
    A team full of attackers 'mega' supplied can break through areas fortified by super containers, forcefields and other nasty builds.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Thread Information