User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NW3 nukes are powerful but they're not all powerful

This post is gonna goto a few forums as this keeps coming up. A lot of people don't realize that NW3 has a bunch of configurable menus for each weapon, but even without that I'm seeing a lot of talk that the excessive lethal power of the weapons, especially the nukes, make this weapons package less than ideal for fair games.

By and large the only real problem I see to fair games is all of the weapons have unlimited range. Despite how slow some of the projetiles are, no matter the length of the map it will get get to you eventually. Still, that's not the focus here.

NW3, like NW2, has 5 levels of nukes. Some other stuff just as powerful but what I'm gonna say here applies to them too. Each level is, obviously of increasing power, and the Big Daddy of the bunch is Nuke #5. Now, truthfully, the simplest way anyone can kill just about everything else on a map is to just fire this thing straight up. It will hit the sky and the shockwave splash effect will kill anything else on the map.

Yeah, that's just a lil' scary...

...but all the nukes, and all the weapons, work on a line of sight trajectory for their damage.

A stretch back for redeemer battles, setup for both Hook & MEAT, I edited a CTF4 HallOfGiants map for Deathmatches. It's got multiple levels, low grav, and I put 8 monsters (4 Warlords & 4 Skaarj) on it that I made virtually unkillable so they could survive multiple redeemer hits. Standard redeemer, the Warlords can take about 20 or so direct hits before they die, Skaarj even more because unlike the Warlords they get flung by the force of the blast and don't try to fight against it.

I was being pursued by 3 Warlord the other day and did this:

I fired at the center platform just as I was falling past it. The blast only occured after I was at a point lower than where the blast occured. Like I said, all the splash effect from the weapons works on a line of sight trajectory. So I wasn't at all damaged by the blast, nor were any of the bots on the map that were lower than it...

...or the ones on the upper platforms that were behind anything. The nukes' damage does not go through solid objects, despite the graphic effect it produces.

Say what you will, it's a pretty effect, isn't it?
    Have you hugged a Skaarj today?
    http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/

what does this have to do with siege?

Quote Originally Posted by 'Zac View Post
    yet another stupid zac comment -.-

this is fucking best mod after siege for me.

Given it's a weapons package, imagine playing siege with these kind of weapons
    Have you hugged a Skaarj today?
    http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/

Its helpful because we will be implementing some of these as random spawners

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    Its helpful because we will be implementing some of these as random spawners
    Really man? i cant wait for this! \o/
    i want freze everyone with that ice gun haisueiuh

ye imagine, that there is now a freezegun like the flame gun spawns in mid and u can freeze the players and buildings and core getting ru of it!

EMP-gun jejeje

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|Grimreaper View Post
    ye imagine, that there is now a freezegun like the flame gun spawns in mid and u can freeze the players and buildings and core getting ru of it!
    Sorry to disappoint, but by default siege buildings cannot be set up in flames and they cannot be frozen either, only players are so. They still do normal damage to buildings though.
    (and "by default" I mean that can be changed by the admin)

Actually... Forum > UT99 > Screenshots, where exactly is it written that a "UT99 Screenshots" section has to be related to Siege in any way or form?

Thread Information