User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post What's the best Siege map layout in your opinon?

Feel free to post your images and ideas about what you like and dislike in siege maps
    Last edited by Disturbed//*.; 12-12-2012 at 09:59 PM.

in my opinion there are no maps that are 100% perfect for siege because of the way people play is very versitile. to create a map takeing all of those build variables in consideration it would be impossible and if you did manage to get most of them the game would become harder. When everything you build would have a certain spot it would go thus leaving no room for mistake... makeing an assult on the base pointless litterally " POINT less" xD

First you need to think about the core placement and work outwards from there.

1) Make sure Core can not be spammed from a distance
    2) Core isn't so deep into a map that its impossible to hit
    3) Is this map for MLSG version or Public version (With MLSG version having few changes done to it, you need to keep in mind that certain buildings or strategies can't be used and also new strategies are born)
    4) Add some teamwork oriented stuff into the map, for example boosting up the mountain in BlackRiver.
    5) Only make one nuke room for each team (I think you don't really need a nuke room, but some people might like it, depends on what version of siege your building the map on)
    6) Telepoter spots ( Don't make some secert teleport spot where it ends the game in seconds, just place teleporter spots where it will shorten the distance from base to base)
    7) Make the map size as small as MiniCivilWar to as big as uKBathroom.

I hope this helps, just make sure is involves a lot of team play!

now i know what to add to a few of my maps! thanks silverwing!

Along with that SW said, I'll add some words from a contemporary genius, Sheepy, QUALITY >>> QUANTITY
    Season ranks: MLSG - #45 Semis, MLSG II - #38 Finals, MLSG III - #34 Finals, GU.Siege - #32 5th Place, IST - #11 CHAMPION

Thanks for the feedback, we need more feedback guys to prevent people from making spam maps like niven. Not that is nothing wrong with it. We need more TEAMWORK Maps.

To answer your question(#4)I am working on a map and i wanted to know what is really in a "good" siege map.

There is mainly one reason why i posted this; For people like zac and others that make maps, to know what is good for siege and what isn't.

Keep posting!

Ok, I think a very nice map that has pretty nice balance is either Clarion or Black river and for INSIDE MAPS maybe, idk what its called but the base has 3 entrances, to hallways on both sides left and right and a tunnel on the same wall as the core up high and a nuke room in the glass in the ground at mid. But i have to agree with DeathHunter, no siege map is alike so it was a hard choice

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed//*. View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, we need more feedback guys to prevent people from making spam maps like niven.
    hmm

let's go,
    no doors, no tight and funds corridors, no only 1 way for attack, no spots near door for someone keep there shooting rockets and combos...

kkkkkk

but that all is true! niven is a combination of all what is bad... door sucks all maps that have some door people stay camping behind it, tight and funds corridors everyone only shot rockets for a random direction for try a frag, one way for get the core cause a huge SPAM in this place, mainly if there are a nuker inc, spots for camp on door just encourages for SPAM

_______
    but for me SW said almost all, it's not needed a nuke room, never make secret spots for tele, through walls, just make the map, or the decoration with tele possibilities

there are other things that i think is important,

No logo spams
    Decoration is important for the map dont get sickening
    Dont make many movers, because its terrible for high ping players
    Put some damage/fall areas on map, it's funny LOL (like i did on biohazard)
    If possible put places for use pistonjump, dodge piston, boots piston
    Last edited by HIGH[+]AdRiaN; 12-13-2012 at 10:57 PM.

Bump.

all i can say is i really liked how niven was build wasn't to hard to get in base but at the same time it wasn't easy either.

Thread Information