User Tag List

Google PageSpeed

The forum was selected by Google to run PageSpeed closed beta service...(beta providers love us it seems!).

Here is what PageSpeed does (for those interested)
    https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/

I've just set it up to run here...hopefully we will see some improvements to something that didn't need improving

I already used their PageSpeed myself, although they're good, personally I still prefer: WebPagetest - Website Performance and Optimization Test , as I find it to be more accurate.

I use webpagetest too. Pagespeed is not to test the 'pagespeed' it's to speed it up. ie the website is transferred through google servers where all the images css java HTML etc is all recompressed minified blah blah blah ad more lol

Are you sure you're using the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    I use webpagetest too. Pagespeed is not to test the 'pagespeed' it's to speed it up. ie the website is transferred through google servers where all the images css java HTML etc is all recompressed minified blah blah blah ad more lol

Are you sure you're using the same thing?
    Probably not... although I only used their page test once or twice and ended up not liking it much since Google is surprisingly not that good at all in making web tools (even their own rich content parser sucks, their own pages give a different preview in their tool relative what really appears).
    I may check that "pagespeed" out though.

For what it's worth, I stopped using the pagespeed service. I linked the above as to what it does. It works well but not with all clientscripts...which it stopped working properly

Thread Information