User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MLSG confused

MLSG confused

ok, so i am new to MLSG, i missed the previous one and really wanted in on this one but i lost my dad to leukaemia in November, fleece spoke to me and i told her i would have liked to but my head was all over the place as you might expect and she got me in the MLSG on Termi's team.

so my issue is.... first match i missed because i didnt have the link to schedule and had no idea of dates and times and yes, i did ask but no one ever responded in IRC.

second match Blaze was a great help and gave me all the links i needed to make sure i didnt miss another, so second match was about an hour from starting, i got on and loaded everything i needed up, then found out i got swapped for someone else (yes, pissed me off)

i guess my point is, if we are switched from a match as in swapped for another player, is that, ok ty but F.U. gtfo of this team?... if thats the case then i guess its not a team competition, its a singles competition but they can pick who they want to play beside them, i have tried to find all the info to answer but couldnt find it so that statement could be wrong for all i know.

or is it a case of being kinda like subbed just for that match but when its over the teams are back to normal?... if once a player is swapped then i have to say that in my opinion, that defeats the object of a team game doesnt it because its just a captain picking a team each map, its never the same team, i get subs and all, but when i read "swap fluke for whoever" i feel like i have just been kicked in the nuts and im out of MLSG.

just a question and giving my view from the info i have, if i thought i knew the facts i wouldnt post asking, i just need this to be cleared up for me, if its a case of once swapped, you are out then no way will i ever put my name down for MLSG again.

ps: plz be gentle, i may hold my own in game, but the politics side i have no clue about or how anything siege related is run, i am still fairly new to siege in the community sense, my first love is and always will be my clan and RX, but i enjoy siege and fleece is like my lil sister (the annoying one who you can NEVER be mad at cus she is adorable..lol) and she is the one who got me into siege and taught me the basics

I don't know much about the MLSG either... but I would practically play on the server but not the PUG yet lol.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

i remember A3 of all people being the first to tell me about pugs, as far as i knew, a pug is a breed of dog..lol

then fleece helped me get into it and i got on the IRC and joined a pug not knowing what the hell i was doing, then it turns out it is the same as public, but without the B.S., real team work which i really enjoy.

MLSG I wouldn't recommend, PUG is something i definitely would. (unless you are convicts team, then i suggest pretending you have no TS or he rants at you for being a shit defender/attacker/nuke take downer...in fact, if his team loses, its YOUR fault...lol)

F****d by video game bureaucracy, never expected to see that lol.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    well to put it simply, i dont know why termi dropped you but the impression i got was because he wasnt aware that you were around, regardless he traded you into the FA pool for another player that he knew was around for the matchtime of that day. so im guessing he didnt know where or how to get in contact with you to find out if you could make the match. Both of you could be to blame for this, because im sure you must have seen each other in the servers at least a few days before the scheduled game day/time to let each other know that you would be there for the game. Yes its the captains and co captains duty to take up these roles and im not sure what termi/alpha are doing because there team seems very unorganised from what ive seen.

as a free agent there is always the opportunity to be drafted into another team so i wouldnt worry about being in the free agents pool, my advice to anyone out there who really wants to take part and play in games, bring your A games to pugs and make the captains notice that you can make a difference on their team! At least then captains will know what to expect from you and what your strength and weaknesses are.

the whole point of this league is to create competitive teams and a competitive tournament and involve as many people as possible, the only downfall is most people (not you fluke) dont wanna help themselves by just doing basics like pugging when pugs are going with several captains, just pugging in general, when being in a team finding out when the next match is etc

its what you make of it, we set up the structure and keep the league going.

does this explain or do i need to do some more?

TERMI GET IN HERE AND APOLOGISE TO FLUKE!

Terminator, dont let me bring moko in here >.>

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|B|aZe//. View Post
    well to put it simply, i dont know why termi dropped you but the impression i got was because he wasnt aware that you were around, regardless he traded you into the FA pool for another player that he knew was around for the matchtime of that day. so im guessing he didnt know where or how to get in contact with you to find out if you could make the match. Both of you could be to blame for this, because im sure you must have seen each other in the servers at least a few days before the scheduled game day/time to let each other know that you would be there for the game. Yes its the captains and co captains duty to take up these roles and im not sure what termi/alpha are doing because there team seems very unorganised from what ive seen.

as a free agent there is always the opportunity to be drafted into another team so i wouldnt worry about being in the free agents pool, my advice to anyone out there who really wants to take part and play in games, bring your A games to pugs and make the captains notice that you can make a difference on their team! At least then captains will know what to expect from you and what your strength and weaknesses are.

the whole point of this league is to create competitive teams and a competitive tournament and involve as many people as possible, the only downfall is most people (not you fluke) dont wanna help themselves by just doing basics like pugging when pugs are going with several captains, just pugging in general, when being in a team finding out when the next match is etc

its what you make of it, we set up the structure and keep the league going.

does this explain or do i need to do some more?

TERMI GET IN HERE AND APOLOGISE TO FLUKE!

OMFG you ass, i didnt expect that and sprayed my drink out of my nose...lol

well, i came in an hour before the match, i was in normal #MLSG channel on IRC, Teamspeak, #Terminator channel (which stayed empty FYI)..... i mean, wtf else can i do to quietly announce "im here *waves hands like a lunatic"..lol

Quote Originally Posted by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][_{HoF} View Post
    *waves hands like a lunatic"..lol
    ROFL

I probably should have done a write-up for new participants to MLSG to explain some stuff, but I'll try to address a few things here:
    1. Team captains should ALL have IRC channels and MLSG players should ALL be able to connect to IRC. It's the easiest way to keep in touch as the tournament is going imo. (example being #KFC is my team's IRC channel)
    2. Signing up is taking a commitment, if you're picked onto a team and don't communicate you WILL be dropped. We are too small of a community to expect everything to fall into place without any effort.
    3. Remember that this tournament is hosted on ProUnreal and everything is posted there. These forums are obviously home to all the siege players so it's easy to forget where all the information actually is. If anyone is still left in the dark about ANYTHING please get it out now so we can avoid more confusion.

It takes two to tango, on one hand us admins should have probably reminded everyone about prounreal and all the information there. On the other, you as players need to communicate with captains/admins if you're having problems. MLSG is the highest level of siege you can get, we try to improve the league each year to be more exciting and enjoyable than the last but there's always going to be bumps in the road.
    Last edited by |uK|Rays; 01-15-2013 at 09:35 PM.

Hi ][X][~FLuKE~][X][_{HoF},

I'm sorry you don't understand MLSG. It's our job as admins to get the information out to the players in a cohesive and simple way.

Please PM me if you have further questions, concerns, or anything in general.

- Reb.

PS: Just to let everyone know, there is a MLSG Help thread stuck on this forum.
    http://www.unrealkillers.com/f51/%5B...ral-help-2292/

Post here for questions! I check that forum weekly.

Thread Information