User Tag List

Thread: Common sense II

Common sense II

I chose the title for this post based on that posted by SPIN days ago. I totally agree with him, but I think he should have given his nick. And I'm posting for something similar. Those who play in the server on a daily basis know moderating isn't easy, and we all thank the admins for doing that job. But, I have to admit, we see unfair decisions too often. Another sample of this is what happened to me minutes ago on "One night stand" playing Face.

In the first place I have to apologize to fleecy for insulting. I don't like such behaviour and I did it because I got really mad at him. Why? Well, after a match playing with a guy (BOUH2K) camping from the tower (as it usually happens in Face), I got a warning from fleecy for "being boosting people". At that time, as far as I know, I boosted him in the middle of the game and hi fell off the way. One time, and it wasn't on purpose, of course. I don't know what happened because I didn't get any other explanation. I don't know if someone complained, I don't even know if I boosted someone else. What I do know is I wasn't boosting my team mates on purpose. If I did, it was in the middle of the battle.

Well, getting a warning (unnecessary warning as far as I know) when you have been camped during the game is really disturbing. I know an admin is a human and can't be ready all the time. But some admins think they are more like Gods. And try to apply justice as if they were omnipresent. That's why I agree with SPIN in that admins should use common sense. There are a couple of players out there who get to the supplier shooting the enforcer ALL THE TIME. This players use the same nick name and never get banned (as far as I know). Or if they are banned, they aren't getting it

My nickname in the server is YPF, I guess it's in the signature but just in case...

Moderators apply bans on what they see/have proof, if you happened to record a demo or take a few screenshots of a camper and posted them on the complaint forums, then you wouldn't have to worry about the camper for at least a couple of days.
    If there's somebody breaking the rules we haven't seen, that doesn't mean we'll ignore anyone else breaking the same rule.

And Fleecy warns everyone, it sort of reminds them they're being watched lol.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    Moderators apply bans on what they see/have proof, if you happened to record a demo or take a few screenshots of a camper and posted them on the complaint forums, then you wouldn't have to worry about the camper for at least a couple of days.
    If there's somebody breaking the rules we haven't seen, that doesn't mean we'll ignore anyone else breaking the same rule.

And Fleecy warns everyone, it sort of reminds them they're being watched lol.
    Sometime I use the !admin command, or try to get the guy kicked by the players. I'm not trying to put the event with fleecy on study, specifically. I'm talking about and attitude we see too often on some moderators. Something I've seen several times is an admin and a camper in the same team, the camper doing his camping and later, the admin warning/banning someone else for a minor issue.

I try to do my best in understanding that it's not possible to keep the administration 100% fair. I got banned for no reason a time ago, and I got the ban removed after posting the situation in the forum. Because the guy how banned me didn't supply any reason for the ban. It is obvious that he (I don't remember who was) banned me for a personal reason. I feel that whatever happened with fleecy today was kind of something personal, as he is the only one I know I boosted in the game. But, come on, it was obvious I didn't do it on purpose. I do my best to playing for the team, always.

You don't have to apologize, I didn't take it as an insult. You were just wondering why I warned you. None taken! (also I'm a she). The guy BOUH2K who was camping on top, I warned him and said he is not allowed to camp (I think i warned him 4 times or so to not do so.) Later on I didn't see him doing it anymore. So I guess he took my warning pretty well. Also warned someone else for doing the same thing.. I don't really feel like warning, kicking, banning people.. just want to play a game without admin around to be honest but sometimes that is not possible. You were boosting me out of the way, yes. I didn't mind that, since that can easily happen when you are shooting people who are attacking your base and you don't want them to come in. But later on, I was making a sm, got boosted and I fucked up my SM, had to remove it and remake it, I got boosted out of the supplier and so on. I didn't know if you did it on purpose or not, but it was really getting on my nerves, that's why I warned you. I also am sorry if you didn't mean it. Hopefully now you will understand why I warned you.

I know getting boosted when you are about to build something, just sucks. But letting alone that time when I boosted you down to the abyss, I didn't see I boosted you again. Which doesn't mean I didn't. But you can be certain I didn't boosted you our of the supplier (on purpose). There were a couple of minutes in which enemies were inside our base. Maybe I boosted you at that moment. I'm sorry if I did. But we can't shoot enemies in base taking care of not boosting our mates, can we? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    Fleecy warns everyone
    true.

Fleecy is a great mod!!!
    <@Rays> damic on d = autowin

I can corroborate this man's story that BOUH2K is in fact a camper.

Thread Information