User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Nuking tips, tricks and questions

I'm looking to nuke more often now and wondered what's helped you become a better, more reliable nuker.

In bathrooms I've noticed people can use the translocator to fly really high, for ages. Even with a level 5 trans, I can't do this and am more vulnerable to mines. Also, would like to know the ideal gap is between teleports. Do you left click right click rapidly, or wait until the translocator has almost landed?

What are the ideal protections to take with you? I will take a trans, boots, and shield. Do you try to survive your nuking, and if so how do you do that while making 100% sure your nuke hits?

I apologise if this thread has been done before. Nuking is a well used keyword, and my searches still didn't turn anything relevant up.

Trans needs alot of practice at beginning, alot of fails too. I try the most to survive all my nukings, but sometimes its better suicide with it. You need to keep in mind that not always you will hit the core directly,so, need to use walls,floor,even roof for hit core.
    Need to think how to deal max damage without diying or recovering at least the RU you waste. It depends on the nuker. Some people use nuke binds and other dont (ME). You have alot of tips for this. Try always to make boots , so you wont die if you fell.
    And Shieldbelt, well shieldbelt depends on the mapo i think, thats up to you.

I dont have the nukerlauncher or translo binds, so i think others can give you more info about them.
    Last edited by UcHiHa; 02-03-2013 at 10:17 AM.
    If you are not an admin abuser, your not an admin.

1 tip: Its all about Teamwork
    you dont really need a trans to nuke u can also ask your team mate to boost you in or just use jump boots.

Xloc keybind, nuke keybind, make invisibility & boot, and you are good to go lol.

Mines... if you get lucky enough you can nuke. Otherwise, try practing xlocing. Keep in mind: Longer you wait when you throw your xloc, further it will go. Time = Distance. I love playing with the xloc lol.

Oh... xloc = translocator. :P

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Closed hotspots:
    Piston in without nuke and get killed, stay dead for at least 20 seconds and scan ALL of their mines.
    Once done invis or speed will provide a cheap nuking (and VERY sustainable), keep hitting the biggest leeches until you have 3 invincible nukes in a secondary stash, EMP + those = game end.

Bindings:
    -Nuke Launcher: getweapon sgnukelauncher
    -Translocator: getweapon sgtranslocator

As Chamberly says, time=distance, I've been doing this trick that I throw my trans and wait a little bit, I make sure no one saw it, because they may telefrag me if they shot at it.
    About teamwork: As kenneth says, teamwork is the key for great nuking. Always comunicate with your teammates before nuking, you can ask them to boost you (Practice boosting with jetpack to go faster), or ask them to make EMP, or simply, prepare a nuke chain: Wait until everybody's nuke are ready and prepare yourselves to nuke, then, go one, wait till the explosion finishes and then go nuking (Don't go too early, because then the last nuke will nuke kill your nuke, happened me TWICE).
    Boots? Why not?: I'm not a big fan of boots, simply because my experiences with them aren't ''pretty'', but obviously, this is about YOU, not me. I'd recommend this if you want to keep a good killing spree (People get even to Whicked Sick doing this, my max is only unstopabble kay, or you want to gain MORE ru than killing yourself (Suicide=-50 ru, I think...), plus, this way, you won't waste 1300 RU aprox. you use to get MINIMAL nuking equipment (Trans=850 + Upgrades I think are like 200 or 300 more, I'm not sure; and Shieldbelt=250 = 1300 RU aprox.), so yes, bots can be good for long nuking sprees! .

Greetings!
    D4RR3N
    Quote Originally Posted by |uK|UNrealshots View Post
    You're playing a game that came out in 1999 in the year 2012 who is the fucking nerd here?
    All of us. Enjoy.

when transing, shoot a trans at one corner and dont teleport there, just nuke while theyre staring at a imposter trans

Take a jump right before you teleport to your translocator, that way you'll have more vision and time to hit what you want, time your shot when people complete their combo so they don't have enough time to take your nuke down. Make nukes before super supplier to get better practice.

Plenty of xloc videos

I could make my own if I can get some kind of better recording system since frap like to lag out quite a bit (video + audio is not playing together in line right)...

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

also, i found something out while nuking on the public just yesterday on simplex. you shouldnt nuke going through the main entrance - NEVER. *cough*a^3*COUGH* ppeople ALWAYS combo that shit aka the door. with trans always trans through the lil corner, you HAVE TO make sure theres no mine there otherwise well you blow up. youll just trans past the noobs comboing the door and eventually nuke that big diamond. i also recomend getting the rubber suit or metal suit and saving til you make nuke or when its ready, this can change your odds of nuking the core dramaticly. the rubber suit allows you to be invincible to slime zones, shockrifle projectile, GOOD for getting teles in base, and super protecters dont shoot at you and make you look like their team. metal suits just make you look cool and invinciable to bullets ( enforcer,minigun,sniper, I THINK chainsaw not sure ). ohyeah, dont forget to keep that 400 health pack too

Thread Information