User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CTF-FacePalm

CTF-FacePalm

CTF-FacePalm (WIP) by Creavion "Lord of the Jungle"

We all seem to be very attached to certain classic maps, such as Facing-Worlds, Morbias, Morpheus, and Deck 16.
    There have been tons of remakes over the years. Indeed we have a couple of crackers in the ut99.org 2012 Xmas map-pack.
    The winner was in fact one of the best "Face" remakes we have seen in a long time.

Well it seems us lucky UT fans are about to get another treat, from another UT mapping-Jedi. The awesome Creavion.
    Anyone familiar with Creavion's maps, will know why I often call him Creavion "Lord of the Jungle".
    Anyone not familiar with his maps, well you really have missed-out on something special.
    His last map DM-FeelNaPali is a very pleasant place to kill your friends in. UT99.org | DM-FeelNaPali (Release), Build: 1.0.536 : Mapping
    If you get the UT99.org Map-pack 2 you will find a few large and lush paradises to disappear into.
    One of them is a Monster-Hunt, but I favour adding spawning Dinosaurs, monsters and/or zombies to the others anyway.
    Home - UTR - UT Community Map Pack 2 (This pack installs UT2K4 style pickups)
    There is also a Hi-Res texture pack available for the "Antalius" map available, which you can find at "Your Unreal"

It seems that Creavion has decided he wants to do a remake this-time, but done Creav-style.
    A few of us have been kept posted on the WIP, and as it is getting close to finished I'm here to let you luvly peeps in on it too.

I've started a WIP album at "Your Unreal" so those interested can have a peek.
    Your Unreal - CTF-FacePalm

This map uses Hi-Res textures by default, so you WILL need current video renderers.

You can check more out and leave comments at UT99.org | CTF-FacePalm (WIP) : Mapping
    Or just visit UT99.org | Unreal Tournament Community and give Creavion a shout.

Falling off the edge in this is gonna give vertigo sufferers a problem !

Both towers are different as 1 stays in the shade it is lifeless, whereas the other is covered in greenery.
    You will also notice a new area to the side of the bridge, we can use.
    Mmmm, this is shaping-up well, and would look best with modern Hi-Res weapons like NW3.
    Last edited by Dr.Flay; 02-17-2013 at 11:08 PM.

How could I miss this?

BTW, still a WIP?
    Gotta tell Creav to use the Movable Sky Zone, that thing will make it even better.

I really liked the CTF-Face Xmas one last years in the contest. They have some GREAT idea's or there @ UT99.org

I've tweaked the post a little, and made a more in-depth review over at ut99.org.

Yes it is still being finished. The scale at which he has been working is mind-blowing. The 4096x4096 textures I found him were too small ! He didn't want tiling textures for the landscape. He wanted to make it look more real.

In the mean-time, you'll have to make do with his last map FeelNaPali or install the previous map-pack.

I agree. I think we have been spoiled recently with some stunning re-makes. SnowGlobe is a stroke of inspiration, and MorpheusPeak was also an out-standing tribute to one of my fave maps.
    This is definitely going to be one of those maps you show-off UT99 with. Though as I mention, I think the standard UT weapons are going to look low-res :highly_amused:

Creavion has been hitting UEd with hammers to get this map into shape. Players may not appreciate the technical problems he's had (and hours of planting trees) making a massive viewable landscape that does not lag the game.
    As ever trickery and optical illusion are your friend when mapping

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Flay View Post
    I really like the skybox he used there, GREAT lighting in that sky.

i love how the lighting from the sun puts such an emotion on the map, especially on that lil mountain near the side of the mid.
    ohyeah, MORE SCREENSHOTS!! PLEASE!!

I only have the 4 "official" pictures for you at the moment.
    The earlier ones are mostly UEd pictures.

Have a closer look at the new area.

I'll ask if he's got any more, but then it may work better if you go to the thread at ut99.org and ask him as well.
    UT99.org | CTF-FacePalm (WIP) : Mapping

Wow this looks good man lol when will there be a release!

hmm i found a small, very small mistake!! the flames at the top are both blue!

Follow the link to the main review and you can see the shots at full size easier.
    You will notice that all the flames are blue.

Are you suggesting different colours for the teams ?

Thread Information