Possibly trigger bot? You tell me.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs down Possibly trigger bot? You tell me.

Hi UT community!! Long time no talk! Not trying to bitch and complain but you guys tell me if this guy "westerns" on the IG server is somehow hacking/botting. seemed before the video he was VERy snappy tried recording quicker but my slow ass dinosour computer wouldnt spool up the turbo. I have a .dem for yall. This guy would have almost 300 frags whilst others that are top shots have low to mid 100's. Just watch the vid and enjoy!
    Attached Files

I've got a few demo's of him as well, and I mentioned him as a possible aimbot in another thread. There is no concensus, or any decision of any kind on him yet as no one was able to play my demo's, but in my mind he was much more obvious than the other person I reported at the same time who is a known and convicted hacker.

Quote Originally Posted by yank. View Post
    This guy would have almost 300 frags whilst others that are top shots have low to mid 100's
    Top players on woot get at least low to mid 200s.

example

That's shots lol

yeah i got it from the topic he posted.

More people being accused of botting ...Feels like 2009 again

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|MiniWick View Post
    More people being accused of botting ...Feels like 2009 again
    So you are saying there are no botters?

Last week I was playing and thought I found a botter, so I went spec and sure enough I had found a botter, and I mentioned it in-game but was told I'm a noob and L2P and he's just good, but turns out this botter ]y.S[N.e.w.s. was actually JYB, a known and multiple time convicted cheater.

Are you also aware that there isn't a single hack protection that hasn't been hacked, and that doesn't get hacked within 24 hours of updates (and when was the last update on these things)? Are you also aware that not only are the IP's hacked, but so are the mac hashes and HWID's? Are you also aware that the cheat community laughs at people that think there are no cheaters or that think their cheat protection is secure?

Now I have no doubts that there are some truly incredible players out there. Players that make my play look like ...well I can't think of a negative picture to describe it right now...and I'm no noob. Overall I am a very good player (though if you judge it by UK servers I'd be no more than maybe a little above average).

I know there are legit players, I also know there are a LOT of cheaters out there. Back in 2006, just before I quite UT (for about 6-7 years, only been back for about 8 months), my clan was ranked 2nd on PG, though at the time I didn't know my clan mate and co-captain POWER had an aimbot. About 3 weeks before I quit UT, POWER shared his aimbot with my clan. He said he was given this "private" aimbot from a friend in the "elite" community and that it was 1 of many such hacks that are passed around in the "elite" community (I'm talking the "Prounreal" community here), he also gave me an MIRC channel and password to access the cheaters MIRC channel, which I did and discovered that that MIRC channel was the largest I had ever seen with easily 200 people logged in at any 1 time. I discovered that many of the top players were in fact hacks using aimbots/radars/timers/etc... . I tested out the aimbot I was given for a couple weeks to see what it could do (you know I really don't know why my buddy gave me that aimbot and the MIRC channel and password as I was one of the most vocal anti-cheat players out there), and after 2 weeks or so of testing and getting involved in the "cheat community" I realized that there was no protection against cheaters. That no matter what the anti-cheat community did there was no way they could stop the cheats. So I caught 1 last high profile cheater (anyone who was plaing HHH back then will remember, as it made a HUGE stink when I caught and outed Omorphi, and of cousre even with this one, as with all of them there were many people calling me a "noob" and "L2P" and the whole 9 yards about me calling her a cheater...at least until the proof became public), then I quit UT, in part because of what I saw in the "cheat community" and in part because of the attitudes and responses I got from people I reported the cheats to.

You should also bear in mind that a few months back some of the top anti-cheat developers were saying that according to their stats of caught and convicted cheaters, that from 1 in every 4 to 1 in every 3 players uses some sort of hack.

So please don't try and tell me there are no cheaters, or that I don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to cheaters. Sure I can be wrong at times...both with those I believe are cheating and with those I believe are legit, but this blanket attitude of "stop accusing people" only helps the "cheat community"

Besides which, I myself have only accused 3 people, and 1 has been confirmed as a cheater already and the other 2 (seeing as these people alias all the time I am assuming it's only 2) the evidence hasn't been viewed by anyone yet.

Jyb has been caught once in the past that I know of I have never seen any other logs. The anti cheat that we have now on the servers is outdated for sure and who the hell knows how many players are cheating right now a few cheaters have been banned in the Global unreal community in the past 1-2ish years and they were caught watching there demos but for sure there is a private cheat being passed around and its undetectable on ACE servers we really need someone dedicated on making an anticheat and updating it every 4-6 months or so....
    Last edited by UNrealshots; 02-22-2013 at 02:58 PM.

·=GU II sDOM >3paco Finalist =· ·=GU saDM I Semi Finalist=· ·=GU I PBR Quarter Finalist=· ·=GU II roflnation Winner=· ·=GU III \\cG Semi Finalist=· ·=GU IV \\'. Finalist=· ·=GU V iB. Winner=· ·=OW I iCTF Finalist=· ·=ClanBase DIV3 iCTF WINNER ]eLc[=·

I'm wondering if using heuristics to catch botters would work.

The heuristics would simply work like AutoTeamBalancer, using !heuristics (only available to admins) in order to see their 'accumulated strangeness'.
    The accumulated strangeness would be a single floating point number that will be calculated over the latest 10 minutes.
    The strangeness will consists on strange events and these events will be saved for 10 minutes, if an extra command !events ID is issued, a list of all 'strange events' will be printed on the mod's console.

Strange events would be collected on both client and server ends for each player for information purposes.
    With extensive research event collection can be tweaked to prevent collecting too much on normal players.

With lots of research and testing, it should be possible to establish good parameters for automatic !admin alarms by the analyzer.
    The analyzer combined with a spec mod that allows simulation of aim (XC_Spec_r3 would do the job) catching a botter would be fairly easy.

What I would like to see is someone with real talent take over the UTP anti-cheat...that had real promise...and if IRC it had something like what you describe Higor.

Thread Information