User Tag List

View Poll Results: Bring back old siege?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, bring back old siege that is where i came from.

18 45.00%
  • No, Siege is fine stop complaining. Try something new once in a while.

22 55.00%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Something has to be done.

I am here today saying one thing.

Bring back Old Legit Siege.

I am not just saying this, there are many others that are saying this aswell too.
    I thought things would have gotten better over the years, but no.

Reason behind this: (all listed below are making siege bad)

Every since about 2 years ago, siege for me has gone down hill really fast. Im not the only one that is witnessing this. Know a days, we have A Nuke Siren, EMP, Neutron ect? Really. I remember when there was NONE of that. If i recall, i think siege is based of your team. Well if that is true, then why do we have a nuke siren.

Nuke Siren:

Telling us when a nuker is comming? That is what your team is for. Yes we all have them fancy Keybinds saying :INC Left Or Right ect, but most of us say that AFTER the siren goes off. It is basically a Bot, that is helping us with nukers, when it should be our team.

Neutron:

This is probaly one of the second worst, items i have seen with SpySuit leading as my number one.
    The Neutron has to go, because one again its basically easy ways to get nuke kills. Like i said, USE YOUR TEAM, not some easy item do destroy them. Simpler Terms: use communication "His nuke is High Left, in that upper corner behind that box" Then push your team and have one person to try and take a stab at killing that nuke. Thats why we have TS and Chat(say)

EMP:

Pretty much what i said in Neutron, Use your team. Not something that disables practicly everything. Cheap way to win or gain and advantage.

Invincible Nukes:

Now, this probaly shocked you but think about it. Siege is based off a team game. Why would you be able to build a nuke in middle of combat or anywear and it does not get destroyed. Ill will be saying this all day. Use your Team, thats why you have them. Make regular nukes. Meaning have some deffenders defending your REGULAR nukes. Instead of an I Nuke where you know for a fact that it wont die. If you can not make nukes in a safe spot, then don't build them.

Spy Suit:

Self explanatory, this item man. From the start i knew this was gonna be bad. I have gotten more boosted in one map, then i have in my whole time playing siege. Once again, Team is my point. Why would use need a "suit" to change your color. Whats next? You get to remove the enemys Super Container in Clarion? I mean come on. If you need special ways or things, to play siege. Then siege is not for you.

I could go on with many more items that are affecting siege.

Please Bring back these Items (listed by catagory)
    *Container
    *ContainerX
    *SuperContainer
    *Protector
    *SuperProtector
    *Gaurdian
    *PosionGaurdian
    *MotionAlarm
    *Platform
    *ForceField
    *Booster
    *SuperBooster

*Supplier
    *SupplierX
    *SuperSupplier
    *HealthPod
    *SuperHealthPod

*SheildBelt
    *Jumpboots
    *Dashpad(Should be added)
    *Speed
    *Invis

*Warhead

*Jetpack
    (No SuperJet, you can just troll around all day with speed shield, and spamm)

*Teleporter
    *Translocator
    *TeleNetwork
    *HomeBeacon
    *Camera
    *Screen

*Mine
    *SuperMine
    *Bio
    *RocketCannon
    *Mortar
    (May have forgoten some items. Im going off of all the XXL Series)

Idea:

Maybe instead of Super Mine, You have like a Semi Super Mine. Where It acts just like a super mine, but the Semi can be stepped on so many times, then it dies. Ex I stepp on the Semi mine 5 different Times, then it goes away, Cost 450-600.

Maybe try this list out for like a week or so, if it dont work. Then commuicate on what should be add and deleted.

With that said...

BRING US BACK OLD SIEGE, WHERE MOST OF CAME FROM!!!!

This is Badger's siege, I'm pretty sure Higor already developed an ever older siege version, the only difference is the mid spawns
    Season ranks: MLSG - #45 Semis, MLSG II - #38 Finals, MLSG III - #34 Finals, GU.Siege - #32 5th Place, IST - #11 CHAMPION

Major disagree. Most of your complaints would only apply to league siege anyway, seeing as to how teamwork can be next to impossible in a public game.

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed//*. View Post
    Nuke Siren:

Telling us when a nuker is comming? That is what your team is for. Yes we all have them fancy Keybinds saying :INC Left Or Right ect, but most of us say that AFTER the siren goes off. It is basically a Bot, that is helping us with nukers, when it should be our team.
    Teammates aren't going to help you when a nuker comes out of nowhere or keeps a low profile - And it may even be the case in such scenarios that a nuke siren won't be helpful anyway. The decision to make and upgrade a nuke siren has already had its cost adjusted to make its construction a careful consideration in lieu of offense.

Neutron:

This is probaly one of the second worst, items i have seen with SpySuit leading as my number one.
    The Neutron has to go, because one again its basically easy ways to get nuke kills. Like i said, USE YOUR TEAM, not some easy item do destroy them. Simpler Terms: use communication "His nuke is High Left, in that upper corner behind that box" Then push your team and have one person to try and take a stab at killing that nuke. Thats why we have TS and Chat(say)
    Neutrons exist because invincible warheads and mine-spammers exist. It already costs 5500 to effectively clear the way of mines from a spamming team, and even this may not be successful in cramped maps like BlueVember, Niven, or McSwartzly - already ridiculous for a building that has such a low cost to construct and that is instantly lethal to all but the hardiest players. In these cases, the neutron is actually too expensive.

As well, no amount of teamwork short of a constant nuke spam (and even then, not a remedy on some maps like Simplex Renovated) - already impossible on public without Rootkits stacking an entire team - will take out nukes hidden in Super Container-sealed areas like in Clarion or Atmospheric.

The problem isn't the neutron, it's the neutron's relatively short build time, the lack of player awareness of what to do with nukes or with themselves when a neutron is in build, and with map-based balance issues. Case in point, the neutron, virtually critical for a win against a competent team in McSwartzly or in Simplex, is almost useless for killing both nukes and players in Bathrooms][.

EMP:

Pretty much what i said in Neutron, Use your team. Not something that disables practicly everything. Cheap way to win or gain and advantage.
    1500 RU is not a small number for an explosive that already has a bad chance of actually clearing critical mines on its own due to instant repair spam. Good luck persuading your international teammates to constantly suicide on mines to clear you a path, much less caterpillar nuke a way to the core. Again, teamwork has a good chance of not existing in pub - good players need to be allowed to use their individual knowledge and skill to shine.

Invincible Nukes:

Now, this probaly shocked you but think about it. Siege is based off a team game. Why would you be able to build a nuke in middle of combat or anywear and it does not get destroyed. Ill will be saying this all day. Use your Team, thats why you have them. Make regular nukes. Meaning have some deffenders defending your REGULAR nukes. Instead of an I Nuke where you know for a fact that it wont die. If you can not make nukes in a safe spot, then don't build them.
    The main problem I have with the idea of a role-based Siege is that it would rarely work in pub even if everyone spoke the same language. I hate two things about team games; first that I have to mic up just to play on a basic level, and second that I know for a fact that I hate being stuck on defense or core repair - and so do most players, because let's face it, who likes sitting in the base all day?

There's barely any incentive to NOT leave your base unless you're a DM player or get enough RU to sate your MineCraft fix. Suppose either of those things apply to you - Even this won't be enough for core-repairing players, who need to have the engine modified so that they can repair even while UT is minimized. Anyway, the point is that if I get stuck on Nuke Defense duty, not only will I probably fail, I'll also be bored stiff. Siege isn't about being bored stiff, ergo easy fixes like invincible nukes.

I sort of agree with the main premise, provided neutrons are NOT removed - Turn "invincible" nukes into "reinforced" nukes with slightly more HP than an average warhead, but have upgrades (exclusively available during build) increase the nuke's HP. Repair rate would be slow regardless of what containers or how many are around it. This would solve the problem of "unkillable no matter what" nukes, while also affording limited protection from neutrons and lucky one-off attacks on nuke caches.

Even then, invincibles may not be so bad - Where would a siege game go besides overtime if NOBODY had nukes at the OT cutoff, assuming neutrons didn't damage the core yet did destroy all the nukes?

Spy Suit:

Self explanatory, this item man. From the start i knew this was gonna be bad. I have gotten more boosted in one map, then i have in my whole time playing siege. Once again, Team is my point. Why would use need a "suit" to change your color. Whats next? You get to remove the enemys Super Container in Clarion? I mean come on. If you need special ways or things, to play siege. Then siege is not for you.
    Again, Siege is rarely a team sport anymore in public, nor should it explicitly be. The spy suit's main problems stem from its excessive value. Its price should be double or even triple the current value, and should probably cancel/refund items like invisibility, trans, and speed, much like it already does for the jetpack.

Speaking of jetpacks.

No.

Fuck you.

Don't get rid of Super Jetpacks.

Isn't SW's server running old siege? Give it a try. Anyway you can't blame all of the headaches of the public server on Higor and the newer generation of siege. At least someone cares enough to continue to develop siege. Pub servers tend to be chaotic and that can be what makes them fun, but siege just has a bad chemistry going for it right now. The skill of the player base, maps, player slots of the server, team balancer, overtime eternity, and server settings all have a bigger impact on the overall experience imo. I don't think I'll be voting since I'm barely involved in UT right now, but remember that going old school won't magically fix everything.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|Rays View Post
    Isn't SW's server running old siege? Give it a try. Anyway you can't blame all of the headaches of the public server on Higor and the newer generation of siege. At least someone cares enough to continue to develop siege. Pub servers tend to be chaotic and that can be what makes them fun, but siege just has a bad chemistry going for it right now. The skill of the player base, maps, player slots of the server, team balancer, overtime eternity, and server settings all have a bigger impact on the overall experience imo. I don't think I'll be voting since I'm barely involved in UT right now, but remember that going old school won't magically fix everything.
    Exactly. I wish someone would finally fix the teambalancer, that would help a lot.
    Though, neutron needs to go.

I spoke with higor about the balancer yesterday. The last time he tried to fix it he got crucified because there were some teething issues with it. Hopefully if he starts work on it again you will all support him to make it better rather than completely demotivate him

This is exactly what the strangelove admins did 3 to 4 years ago rofl, they went from 10/10 servers to empty in a matter of months and now nobody plays it anymore. People still play this version because they like it, nobody is forcing them to play it. Where are the people that say they prefer the old siege? Some old players that say they liked the old siege? Well guess what they aren't going to come back even if you change the version, they are gone and you gotta stick to your new audience, or else you'll end up with nothing at all.

[KINGS] #1 4eva

[KINGS]Jerry reporting for duty
    Season ranks: MLSG - #45 Semis, MLSG II - #38 Finals, MLSG III - #34 Finals, GU.Siege - #32 5th Place, IST - #11 CHAMPION

ILY HIGOR

I think the current siege is fine. Siege has been an ongoing development for awhile with support we can get and have fun.

I am already loving what's is there and couldn't find anything to change :P you get more option than just trying to nuke all the time. It is still all team work, but in pub they all try and they get to do things practically lol.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Thread Information