User Tag List

Restructuring Teammate Stuffs

Move to Code Reviews or whatever if necessary. If not, let me know and I'll delete this line.

This thread is for public lambasting of my Siege teamplay ideas. Since I think they're pretty badass, but some of them can stink pretty hard. Only one set for right now.

1. SIEGE TECH TREES (aka SiegeCraft)

Every game, nuke nuke nuke nuke nuke nuke, maybe neutron if you're feeling creative. Such a crude and effective strategy. But where's the new stuff? Where's the variety? Where is there any more sophistication than ZOMFG IM NUKING NAO UP ME OOOORR NUKE WIF MAH? Not that Siege might need it to be fun, but why not open more doors while we're at it?

Here's where tech trees come in, so you can find other methods to ape your way to victory. This is a sampling of ideas, not really how a final system would necessarily work.

Basic idea:

Tier 0 (Cost + UpgradeCost)
    |-> Tier 1 A
    | |-> Tier 2 A
    | | |-> Tier 3
    | |-> Tier 2 B
    |-> Tier 1 B

CONTAINER (COST 125 + 25 INITIAL UPGRADE) x 4F + 1
    |
    RU LIMIT 1600
    |
    SUPER CONTAINER (1600 + 60)
    |-> Repulsion Charge Node (1000 + n/A) - Enables building defensive tech tree buildings. Fragile.
    | |-> Personnel Field Projector (2000 + 300) - Reduces ALL damage to teammates by 5% + 2% * LVL
    | |-> Armory (2000 + 200) - Increases the maximum armor of ALL teammates by 10 + 8 * LVL
    | |-> Blast Shield Projector (3000 + 100) - Reduces splash damage of ALL types to teammates AND buildings by 10% + 1% * LVL. Extra protection to teammates | from nukes, with full upgrades providing a good chance of survival.
    | | |-> Core Inverter (1000 + 50) - Converts energy from splash damage on the core to core energy, repairing the core by a small amount. Can only be built within a small radius of the core. Repair is 5% of damage + 1% * LVL.
    | |-> Tesla Lethality Unit (3000 + 100) - Causes SPs to randomly fire a slightly larger, faster, stronger, LETHAL shot even at 10HP or lower targets. This chance decreases with distance from the Unit. Unit effective radius and chance of a lethal shot increase with upgrades. Affected SPs crackle with team-colored electricity when firing lethal shots.
    |
    |-> Ballistics Engineering Suite (1000 + n/A) - Enables building offensive tech tree buildings. Fragile.
    | |-> Munitions Cache (500 + 100) - Expands team weapon capacities by (LVL * 20%), for a maximum of double the ammo limit. Does nothing without upgrades. Explodes violently if destroyed.
    | |-> Particle Accelerator (5000 + 500) - Increases neutron bomb radius and damage. Fragile. Releases a damaging neutron if destroyed.
    | |-> Gauss Accelerator (1000 + 400) - Increases ALL damage dealt by teammates by 5% + 1%*upgrade. Increases speed and range of all teammate weapons by an equal amount. Doesn't stack with particle accelerator.
    |
    |-> Medical Support Bay (2500 + 150) - Enables special player healing buildings and abilities. Adds 20 + LVL * 10 to max player life. Fragile.
    | |-> Nanosurgery (500 + 50) - Gives all players a faster player-repair rate; rate increases by 25 + 5 * LVL per heal.
    | |-> Nanoreconstructor (1000 + 100) - Within a certain radius, allow players to respawn with items intact. Effective radius, respawn time, players respawned per minute, and health on respawn depend on upgrade level.

ZZZ not done need to sleep will add more tomorrow whatever
    Last edited by Scourge; 03-03-2013 at 04:10 AM.

This is some good posting here. For a very long time, I've been thinking about something like this. Good to know you are thinking along the same lines here

Let me add to that:

Warfare UT3 styled weapon locker/supplier.
    You touch it, you get the weapons, you have to wait 30 seconds or die to be able to refill.

Type - Build cost - Base Upgrade cost - Number of weapons - % ammo level 0 - % ammo level 5
    Basic - 150 - 20 - 2w - 10% - 24%
    Extended - 400 - 35 - 3w - 14% - 32%
    Advanced - 700 - 50 - 4w - 16% - 40%
    Super - 2000 - 0 (no upgrade) - 1w - 200%

And if we want to go further:
    Hyper - 2200 - 0 (no upgrade) - 1w - 100% > Hyper Leecher
    Ape - 3500 - 200 - 1w - 40% - 70% > Ape cannon
    Pulse - 3500 - 300 - 1w - 20% - 40% > Pulse rifle
    Insta - 5000 - 500 - 1w - 2% - 12% > Instagib rifle (1 + 1*level ammo)

This would add a whole category dedicated to suppliers...
    And a whole category for Weapon names (to insert in locker to start supplying it)

And we can take out the nukes, EMP's and Neutrons away...
    We'd get a purely incremental styled Siege with fast supplying rates.
    I'd so make a custom mutator to ENTIRELY CHANGE the gameplay (with Scourge's suggestions).

PD: Dimensional transport (teammate in pocket) would be added instead of a translocator.
    Last edited by Higor; 03-07-2013 at 02:22 AM.

Other things:

Each team will be able to choose how to start the map, depending on the map, the weapon choice.
    Fast paced supplying, no more sup spam issues... Healing device spam issues then lol.

Instead of invincibility, we make these take only 20% of the damage.
    This forces players to defend suppliers, and single containers' will most of the times suffice to bring it back to 100%.

Minimum distance of a player's height between Suppliers.

The weapons themselves might carry an extra RU cost in order to become suppliable.
    With this, we can perfectly tweak for better balance and pick third party weapons and classify them without altering the mod's core package.

These should probably be voteable game modes. I don't think the siege community is ready for the removal of neutrons, emps, nukes, and translocators, especially not me.

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    I don't think the siege community is ready for the removal of neutrons, emps, nukes, and translocators,
    I have been waiting for these removals for a long time. Not the Trans though.

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed//*. View Post
    I have been waiting for these removals for a long time. Not the Trans though.
    The current Siege simply isn't designed for play without the mass explosives. Even with them, it is sometimes difficult for matches to be resolved by overtime in some maps. Reduce matches to single personnel weapons and you take away not only the feel of carrying around explosive firepower, but also any hope of reaching either core with your guts intact.

All this being said, how do you think the community would react to the idea of removing explosives in lieu of standard mod weapons? That is what I am getting at, I believe the community would be against this.

Fine, keep the nukes.
    I still like this supplier idea of mine.

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    you say that scourge but we managed without them before why would it be any different now? if anything emp neutron and nuke siren was addons onto what was a basic siege without these items.

removing these will also bring you more action and will force people to play as a team instead of going solo and using neutrons and emps, as well as relying on a shitty siren to tell you there is a nuker incoming. as a gamer you should be aware of your surroundings

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|B|aZe//. View Post
    you say that scourge but we managed without them before why would it be any different now? if anything emp neutron and nuke siren was addons onto what was a basic siege without these items.

removing these will also bring you more action and will force people to play as a team instead of going solo and using neutrons and emps, as well as relying on a shitty siren to tell you there is a nuker incoming. as a gamer you should be aware of your surroundings
    Again, the problem with trying to remove heroics from pub is that you have too many apes. For me it would be absolutely no fun to play a game that already has serious snowballing and stacking problems and have no chance of coming back on my own.

Thread Information