Basic Virtual dub and fraps Tutorials - Page 2

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Is there any way that stop the Virtual Dub creating darker video after compression? (I think this happened if the whole vid is mostly dark)

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    i never compress with virtual dub.... that helps with keeping the quality and brightness

I use sony vegas to put clips together and make a mini movie out of it, also use the video converter built in to compress add effects choose the video size etc etc

3.Virtual Dub: Deleting parts from your video

you could delete stuff from any program. Also if you either use Imovie, windows movie maker, or sony vegas they will all make your video size smaller and ect.
    "What's Yours Is Mine" Garret Thief (2013)
    Roberto Gómez Bolaños "Chespirito" fue si querer queriendo. You'll be missed.

How about making tutorial of using other tools for vid editing... there are couple of them out there (UT movie maker?) but I'm not sure how they all going to work. Including special effects and so on. Hope to get this rolling again.

I will not be able to on this pc, even that adobe cs2 video editing thing maxed my ram out.

Quote Originally Posted by UT-Sniper-SJA94 View Post
    I will not be able to on this pc, even that adobe cs2 video editing thing maxed my ram out.
    Well that would sucks. Would you like to give a few example of a fine quality vid editing and recording requirements? I might decide to buy a better PC in about a year or so.
    CPU? Rams? Graphic card? (Don't need to worry about hard drive...) Anything else? lol... I know there is lots of choices, but just wondering. Would i7, 8GB of ram, and maybe 1/2 GB on graphic card would do good?

I'm not planning on doing any more stuff on video editing, i suck at it anyway. Plus when i'm not playing ut I would rather put in an extra hour learning php than make a tutorial.

We were discussing Video editing packages over at ut99.org
    Unfortunately over the years, the requirements just to install or run the commercial software has become stupid.

I have used Pinnacle Studio 14 on a 32bit PC with 512MB of RAM, but I have seen comments from people with more RAM and multicore CPUs, that have found it resource hungry.

I still regularly use the recoding and editing packages from Nero 6, as the features are often more than I need.
    If you don't need to be using loads of fancy effects, you don't need software so large it takes a fork-lift to operate.

I advise using smaller tools for smaller jobs.
    VirtualDub is great for slicing and dicing a video, or just to extract a section (don't forget to use "Direct Stream Copy" if you are not trying to recode).

If you are making a music video style presentation you can get away with loads of effects and wipes, you will need something serious.
    But if you are making something where you are trying to show the action in a way you can follow, you need to be more subtle.
    In which case you only need something basic.
    Often children feel the need to add loads of text though a video (often lyrics or telling you what you are seeing), but this just distracts the viewer from the actual content.

See my test example.

I balanced a fancy font effect at the beginning with not over-using it, and the dissolve-fade in and out is the same, then a reasonably plain font at the end.
    It was captured on my camera, as I wanted something watchable.
    This was actually a test of Nero Video 6, and a couple of Youtube uploader tools (I'll grab the links)
    SimpleJavaYoutubeUploader by dennisfischer
    Free video soft: video converter, ipod converter, mp4 converter

I've been doing a lot of poking around looking for the ideal capture CoDec to use with whatever you capture with.
    Other notable capture programs;
    CamStudio CamStudio - Free Screen Recording Software
    PlayClaw PlayClaw : Game Video Recorder alternative, Game Screen Capture, Ventrilo Teamspeak overlay, Game Recorder
    Movavi Screen Recorder Movavi Screen Capture - Record your Screen | Download Screen Recorder and capture video, games, websites, etc.
    ScreenVirtuoso Fox Magic Home: Capture anything you see on the screen! Convert, edit, publish and more...

Sorry but I can't re-edit the post. I keep getting a 403 error.

@Chamberly
    I think the colour-space is being changed.
    Check the in and out CoDecs have the same colourspaces, and/or check the conversion settings in the "Colour Depth" menu item on the "Video" menu.

Thread Information