User Tag List

Help Installing UT

I'm trying to install UT on a new laptop with Windows 8. I got it to run, but it is running very slow. This laptop is better then my old desk top in every way, and has five times the ram I used to have, so it should handle UT with no problem? Is there anything special I need to do to play UT on a laptop? like where the screen is wider? or set it up different? Or anything I need to do because it is Windows 8? I've never tried to play UT on a laptop or windows 8, so I am lost.

It should be same as normal really. Make sure you are using one of the new D3D or OpenGL renderers. You can find them in the download section

When you start your UT, open task manager and right click ut.exe, set affinity, and choose 1 CPU.

Other choices: Choose a driver render for UT, these are legal driver renders: An enhanced OpenGL renderer for Unreal Tournament

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Thanks, I used to use open GL and forgot all about it, since I haven't played in two years. I will see what I can get going. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
    I'm trying to install UT on a new laptop with Windows 8. I got it to run, but it is running very slow. This laptop is better then my old desk top in every way, and has five times the ram I used to have, so it should handle UT with no problem? Is there anything special I need to do to play UT on a laptop? like where the screen is wider? or set it up different? Or anything I need to do because it is Windows 8? I've never tried to play UT on a laptop or windows 8, so I am lost.
    This would be a good thread for the Tutorials.. somebody gonna volenteer?

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    newer pc's dont necessarily run ut better.

ive always found older pc's from like the 2006-2010 era run UT the best

I actually thought about going and getting an older desk top just because I know it would work. lol My old computer was five times slower then this one, but the older one ran UT ten times better. I haven't even gotten the new one to where I can actually play yet.

Thread Information